• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance sold over 500K in first two days, 300k on Steam

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I'm hoping it doing well will lead to other historical role-playing games in the same vein appear. Would love to see one set in the Viking Age, one set during the Boshin War, one set during the Crusades, one set in the Mali or Benin Empire, something from an African kingdom or tribe's perspective during the colonization of Africa during the 19th century, one set around the American Civil War, and more. There's just so much interesting to cover. Oh, almost forgot, something during either the Roman Republic or the Roman Empire or the Byzantine Empire, and something during Classical Greece. Too much to choose from and hopefully something that's not being done by Ubisoft.

I would love to see this! Assuming that their plan of having a trilogy follows through and does as well as their first release, I hope that a publisher picks them up and allows them to continue on with this style of game/world. One set more for realism and based on actual history, instead of the faux history that Assassin's Creed has been using as of late.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Dude said he wanted to be historically "accurate" specifically so he could exclude black people and other POC which is pretty backwards and pretty much foreclosures certain potentially interesting storylines. If he had simply said he was making a game set in the Kingdom of Bohemia and wanted to keep it historically accurate no one would have had a problem.

Do you have even the slightest bit of evidence to support this? Just one tiny piece?

Not having black people in your game because they don't suit the historical context is a vastly different thing than not having black people in your game because you don't like them and don't want them in it.

Last edited:

Terra_Ex

I'm hoping it doing well will lead to other historical role-playing games in the same vein appear. Would love to see one set in the Viking Age, one set during the Boshin War, one set during the Crusades, one set in the Mali or Benin Empire, something from an African kingdom or tribe's perspective during the colonization of Africa during the 19th century, one set around the American Civil War, and more. There's just so much interesting to cover. Oh, almost forgot, something during either the Roman Republic or the Roman Empire or the Byzantine Empire, and something during Classical Greece. Too much to choose from and hopefully something that's not being done by Ubisoft.
Different type of rpg but Expeditions: Conquistador and Expeditions: Viking are both excellent if you're craving a historical rpg fix. It's certainly an untapped sub-genre though.

Top Bottom