• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMIX Announced for PS3, coming 2014 [up: Trailer]

http://www.kingdomhearts.com/

jDIFjWW.png

Greatest HD collection of all time?

2.5 without any hesitation.

KH2 alone is better than all 3 contents in 1.5 imo.

My man.

JCX

I really really hope they improve the
huge army battles in Radiant Garden and Mulan
to take advantage of the hardware.

Cornbread78

We know it was coming, but awesome to finally hear it. I might actually put of playing 1.5 until right before this launches, so I can play them all together.

Mesoian

I really want them to do a PS4 port of KH1 and 2 HD. Sort of crazy that they aren't at this point.

But whatever, my Ps3 ain't going no where. Day 1.

BluWacky

Ooooh, smashing! I had a lot of fun with KH2, because of (not in spite of!) the button mashing and mad plot, but I owned the Japanese version and my PS3 is both PAL and non-BC so I've never replayed it. I'm not that fussed about Birth By Sleep (I did mostly enjoy it, but don't really mind about replaying it), but KH2 is a very tempting proposition.

ubercheez

I was sort of hoping DDD would be part of this, but I knew that was unlikely given how recent it was.

Still all over it. Gotta get going on 1.5HD!

LycanXIII

But really how do you make a ''movie'' out of that shit.

It basically would be the first cutscene in the game + the ending. All in the middle is 100% filler IIRC.

Also I think the cutscenes in Coded time at under 30 minutes.

Just add a whole bunch of text slides like 358/2 did.

To be fair, KH1FM got the addition of Exp Zero and Combo Master. I don't think it's wholly unreasonable to expect the possibility of some (extremely minor) updates to KH2FM or BBSFM in this collection either. Nothing like totally revamping some battle scenes, though.

I'm super curious to see how we're gonna get the Dream Drop Distance story now, though. Honestly quite surprised that its documents '
and theatre mode won't be appearing in this one.

Peff

If I've never played BBS before, would it be impossible to play it in japanese?

Eh, it would be the hardest to play of the entire series if you don't know at least katakana. The point of the battle system is to constantly swap out and fuse different commands, so if you have no idea what they're named...

DigitalDevilSummoner

zero cognitive reasoning abilities
The Xbox One version of KH3 will only exist out of financial necessity. The sales will be heavily PS4 sided just like they were with FFXIII and XIII-2 on the PS3.

That's why this is PS3 exclusive.

a-hole mode on: Is "financial necessity" the new euphemism for MS's moneyhatting ?

Woah...what is this Birth By Sleep: Final Mix? never heard of it until now

It adds abilities, enemies, and rebalances the combat. It also adds a trailer for a game that got cancelled, Birth By Sleep Volume 2.

a-hole mode on: Is "financial necessity" the new euphemism for MS's moneyhatting ?

Are you being sarcastic or are you just insane? Making AAA games is expensive work and they need to make as much profit as they can.

Famassu

Woah...what is this Birth By Sleep: Final Mix? never heard of it until now
Square Enix released BBS in Japan -> game took a while to be released in the west so they added a bunch of content, rebalanced some stuff & shit with the localized version -> SQEX released Final Mix version in Japan that had the added content & stuff from the localized western version + even more added content (like a whole epilogue with Aqua set in the Realm of Darkness).

Terra_Ex

Good, good, will definitely be getting this, especially interested in the BBS content. Also wtf, remix 1.5 already came out and I completely forgot about it.

SkylineRKR

BBS was a lot of fun on PSP and could be better because of the console controls but I wonder how the environments will stack. They were sort of empty on PSP already.

Was kh 1.5 released digitally.can't find a copy. Hopefully that's not the case with kh2.5

Disney and digital releases are a no go. Forget it.

Eh, it would be the hardest to play of the entire series if you don't know at least katakana. The point of the battle system is to constantly swap out and fuse different commands, so if you have no idea what they're named...

Damn, guess I have to wait for the English release then.

I kind of didn't want to hear Sora screaming "it's over!" every five seconds either.

KH1.5 localization was announced 5 months after the initial announcement at TGS. The game was released 6 months after Japan.

2.5 was announced for global release at the same time...

please let this be a sign from Lord Nomura

Expected, but great news. Finally get to play KH2 and BBS FM, and BBS always felt like it belonged on a console. Lucky people who never played it.

DDD is the odd duck, but it's ok. I doubt Square wants to compete with a KH game on a current platform by putting it PS3. Plus DDD has no FM version and I played it already earlier this year. It's too soon for a re-release.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

I don't think it was really MS moneyhats more so than it was SE's CEO just... wanting it. IDK, it probably won't sell much on that system anyway as most of the fanbase will be on PS4 so why does it matter?

DigitalDevilSummoner

zero cognitive reasoning abilities
Are you being sarcastic or are you just insane? Making AAA games is expensive work and they need to make as much profit as they can.

Exactly and they are risking losing the appeal of an exclusive game (I am not a fanboy but it is a fact that certain genres/games do better on certain consoles and do have that appeal) for a few more questionable sales on the xbox.

Two points: Developing KH 3 on the PS alone without warming up to the audience with the HD collections first would be a mistake considering the age of the series let alone releasing it on a console with no history of the game. The xbox brand is not even in that dominating position it was when FF XIII was brought over.

Releasing on as many platforms as possible sounds good but it is risky. It makes little sense they are bringing the game to the Xbone out of the blue if MS didn't pay them. I can understand FF XV, but KH 3 without even the collections to prepare the audience, with the Xbox desperately trying to build hype even in the US?

I know, but at the very least, they could ensure a consistent frame rate during those parts. I could hear my ps2 struggling.

But then you wouldn't get the same experience of watching Sora soar around the air like a missile through the heartless at 2FPS.

I don't think it was really MS moneyhats more so than it was SE's CEO just... wanting it. IDK, it probably won't sell much on that system anyway as most of the fanbase will be on PS4 so why does it matter?

Didn't you get the note? All PS4 multiplats will have their balls cut off to keep MS happy.

I wonder if there is any chance for us to get the uncencored KH2 with the collection.

Crawl

So what order do i play these in story wise? And is kingdom hearts re:coded just different story version of KH1 on the ps2?

So what order do i play these in story wise? And is kingdom hearts re:coded just different story version of KH1 on the ps2?

KH1->Re:CoM->KH2->Days->BBS->Coded->DDD

Tho Days is included in the first collection as cutscenes so you might watch them before KH2.

Coded is it's own thing but it reuses assets and stuff from KH1. The game itself is totally skippable.

Was really hoping for PS4. Even if it's not next gen caliber graphics etc, I would rather play it on my new system instead of having to keep firing up the PS3. Either way still good to have it announced.

Top Bottom