• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMIX Announced for PS3, coming 2014 [up: Trailer]

Oh, yes.

Lingering_Will.png

Can't wait to see people get their teeth kicked in by this guy. Best boss fight in the series by a country mile.

Hell yes, I just finished KH1 HD a few days ago, going to start on CoM soon. I figured 2.5 was a sure thing but it's great to have confirmation, and that it's still going to be on PS3. Although I do think they should do a KH ultimate edition for PS4 that has everything in one box. I'd triple-dip these in preparation for KH3. :D

Famassu

That has not stopped Mirror of Fate or Assassin's Creed: Liberation or Resident Evil: Revelations.
In fact, DDD going HD would not be anything special at this point.
Except KH3D takes advantage of the 3DS' dualscreen nature & touchscreen more than those three games combined.

So very excited for this. 1.5 was great, so this is a 1st dayer. KH2 was already the cleanest looking PS2 game, so I can't wait to see it on the PS3

Carbonox

Even though this collection is now my most anticipated title of 2014 (primarily for KH2 FM HD), the thought of finally being able to play Birth by Sleep excites me so fucking much. I've read and watched enough to know I'm going to love it. Getting these two in one collection is superb.

I've got the KH1 HD Platinum, dem KH2 and BBS Plats are mine.

Tabby

Oh, yes.

Lingering_Will.png

Can't wait to see people get their teeth kicked in by this guy. Best boss fight in the series by a country mile.

I gave up trying to fight him to be honest.
I'm just looking forward to fighting the XIII, that was my favourite part of the Final Mix.

Soriku

since we're talking about KH; in BBS does anyonw know why
Vanitas looks like Sora?

Sora's heart connected with Ven near the beginning which caused Vanitas to manifest as Sora when he was "extracted" out of Ven. If someone else connected instead, Vanitas would look like that person.

Balphon

since we're talking about KH; in BBS does anyonw know why
Vanitas looks like Sora?

BBS doesn't explain it (or anything) real well, but from what I recall
there's some sort of connection between the hearts of Sora and Ventus which keeps the latter alive. And, since Vanitas is just the "dark" part of Ventus's heart, he feeds off that connection and looks like Sora for the same reason Roxas looks like Ventus.

Or something.

Dang I feel like I missed out on a ton of KH stuff! Excited to finally finish KHII and play BBS before III drops.

I guess i should finished KH1.5HD first. I always stop playing RPGs when i am at the point of either grinding a bunch more or just going on to the last level and finishing the game.

Psxphile

If you have to fight this guy as terra for a trophy i think im gonna pass on platinum'n this game.

He's actually been nerfed a bit in the Final Mix version. It's still a frustrating battle, but not as bad as the version we got in the west. Being able to escape his whip grab with a well-timed air dash was sorely needed, he had a bad habit of abusing that shit so bad.

OnFire331

Oh, yes.

Lingering_Will.png

I'm looking forward to fighting him after the disappointing battle against Sephiroth in KH2. He thoroughly kicked my ass repeatedly on KH1 and when I finally defeated him, I felt a heavenly satisfaction (one of the best I've had in gaming).

He's actually been nerfed a bit in the Final Mix version. It's still a frustrating battle, but not as bad as the version we got in the west. Being able to escape his whip grab with a well-timed air dash was sorely needed, he had a bad habit of abusing that shit so bad.

Wow I didn;t know they nerfed him from the US version. Hopefully they'll add his initial difficulty back in (at least for Critical Mode)

who is harder?

Mysterious%2BFigure.png

Lingering_Will.png

Mysterious Figure is a poorly, cheaply designed optional boss, but the strategy for beating him is hilariously braindead and easy to do.

Lingering Sentiment has no such exploit, and aside from looping his AI (And even then, that takes a pretty thorough understanding of how his attack patterns work, depending on what AI variant he decides to use), the only way to beat him is with skill, and a true understanding of KHII's combat mechanics.

Lingering Sentiment's definitely the harder boss. It took me a few hours to beat Mysterious Figure. It took me weeks to beat Lingering Sentiment.

who is harder?

Mysterious%2BFigure.png

Lingering_Will.png

Eh, the top guy, but not really because of any brilliant design decisions. He's basically all about knowing how to exploit the combat system and certain invincibility frames.

Lingering Sentiment is not as dangerous in terms of "a misstep at anytime means you're dead" mechanics, but requires a lot of awareness and decision-making skills on behalf of the player.

So who is harder in BBSFM, nerfed MF or No Heart?

I never bothered to get the arena levels in BBSFM after all. I'll do my first true 100% run with the HD collection.

Vanilla MF was pretty ass.

Top Bottom