• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMIX Announced for PS3, coming 2014 [up: Trailer]

Well they kind of had to... PSP res wasn't going to cut it upscaled.

The models did upscale REALLY well tho on emulators. It's just that some textures were just incredibly low rez compared to the overall high quality of the models. But yes they needed to be upgraded.

My point was that they looked fuckin BAAAAAAD even on PSP. Like this lovely shot you get to see 3 times in the game:
SijDz6Q.png

Jigolo

Oh boy. Getting KH HD Remix on BF. Heres hoping KH HD Remix 2 launches in the spring .

Should this game be played in japanese or English?

Tagg9

Oh boy. Getting KH HD Remix on BF. Heres hoping KH HD Remix 2 launches in the spring .

Which language do you speak? If you've watched all the old Disney movies in English, then just play the game in English.

LAA

The models did upscale REALLY well tho on emulators. It's just that some textures were just incredibly low rez compared to the overall high quality of the models. But yes they needed to be upgraded.

My point was that they looked fuckin BAAAAAAD even on PSP. Like this lovely shot you get to see 3 times in the game:
SijDz6Q.png

Ha ha! This. This is the thing I hated in that game, ha ha. This alone is reason enough to justify a HD remake.

Vashetti

Banned

English, majority of the Disney characters use the original movies' voice actors.

Donald is painful in Japanese.

Never got around to finishing KHII back in the day. Day 1 on this for sure.

Was hoping this was going to make it on PS4...even if it looked like KH1.5HD on PS3. Guess I will keep my PS3 around then.

Famassu

First of all 2016 is awfully optimistic for a game not in production but even so 3 years into the future (especially considering you have a mega AAA title in the way) is simply too long, it's unknown territory.

As I said above, that is not a logistics decision, it's "good business".
KHIII has been in some level of development for well over a year now, ever since DDD was finished, and probably entered full production early this year.

Never got around to finishing KHII back in the day. Day 1 on this for sure.

Was hoping this was going to make it on PS4...even if it looked like KH1.5HD on PS3. Guess I will keep my PS3 around then.

Speakin of which I really hope they can keep the IQ as good in KH2 as they did with KH1.

Not worried about BBS for obvious reasons.

Caladrius

Ah wonderful. Finally the push I needed to get a PS3. I still wish they had done 3D instead of Re:coded but having the rest of the Final Mixes in English is more than enough to justify the purchase.
Please don't be bullshots Please don't be bullshots Please don't be bullshots Please don't be bullshots

Ah wonderful. Finally the push I needed to get a PS3. I still wish they had done 3D instead of Re:coded but having the rest of the Final Mixes in English is more than enough to justify the purchase.
Please don't be bullshots Please don't be bullshots Please don't be bullshots Please don't be bullshots

There were few bullshots with 1.5 but the IQ ended up being WAY better than the trailers showed so I'm not too worried.

Shahed

Looking at the trailer for this again, I forgot how much they improved the character models for KH2. I noticed how weird the faces looked when playing KH1 again, but the trailer shows how that's already fixed

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm just happy all of those who missed out on BBS finally get to play it. What an amazing game.

Chunky

I'm a pretty big fan of Re:Coded, but that game is worthless outside of the awesome gameplay. I at least hope some of the difficulty sliders and other cool shit comes over to 3.

Shahed

I'm just happy all of those who missed out on BBS finally get to play it. What an amazing game.

I'm just happy that I can play with a controller. Despite having handhelds for multiple generations, I've never not hated using them.

Bonus now is my my non-handheld gaming acquaintances will finally play this. Especially my sisters who are Kingdom Hearts nuts and stole my copy of KH 1.5!

Thea Queen as Aqua is great.

English dub Terra on the other hand......

Terras VA was great on grunts and yells but his normal acting was less than optimal :d

KH2FM on critical mode is probably the best gaming experience I had on the ps2.
It's pretty friggin great. I really like the fact that it rewards the player with bonus abilities and AP for taking on a challenge, changing the balance and how the game works a bit.

Tohsaka

I don't think the game is dual audio, so you're stuck with English unless you import the Japanese version.

don't care that it's on PS3 and not PS4. i must have this. i never played KH2 and i hear mixed things about BBS. loving going back through KH1, and i don't want to play KH3 without beating the first two.

hopefully KH:HD (and hopefully FFX:HD) did well enough that they feel okay green-lighting the FF12:HD that whatshisface said he's interested in doing.

Absolutely cannot wait for this to come out! I'm really excited to play both KH2 FM and BBS FM. Haven't played KH2 forever and it was just vanilla... sounds like there are a lot of great improvements. BBS was really really good as well, going to be awesome not having to play it on a PSP

sappyday

KH2 FM! Can't wait to play it. I also can't wait to play BBS again. Unlike 1.5 where I was only excited to play KH1, this time I'm excited to play both games.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

SijDz6Q.png

Those PSP limitations...

HeelPower

KH2 and BBS.The Best KH games by far all in one package remastered in HD.

WOW.Thanks for making it faster than I expected SE :)

Top Bottom