• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 3 Toy Story Gameplay Trailer

Never since the voices most likely aren't recorded yet. Square refers to English subtitles as the English version.
I think we were all spoiled with 2.8's trailers being both English and Japanese. Granted DDD was already in English long before that but 0.2 and Back Cover were quickly dubbed.

LordKasual

Banned
I wasn't looking forward to this game so much, the hype died

until i saw this trailer

Why is the facial animation on the disney characters so fucking good

The environments look interesting and open, well populated. That ground crack effect is orgasmic

Joqu

He looks a bit off on UE4.

08_992.jpg

0iBz7wr.jpg

Someone please assure me they'll have fixed this by the time KH3 releases. I really liked his character design in DDD. ;;

Joqu

Just amazing.

Xemnas also looked pretty weird in the E3 trailer:/

He looked weird, but he sort of looked KH CGI weird which I'm more okay with. I haven't compared it yet but Xemy reminded me a lot of his Dream Drop Distance opening look? Less weird than Mr Bug here.

They fixed Terra in 0.2, they'll certainly fix Young Xehanort.

I still wasn't too happy with how Terra looked in the final version, but it was certainly a whole lot better than what was shown initially, yeah. Still, seems like making the KH characters look good has continued to be a struggle. :s

Sora has gone from this in 2015:

To this now:

There's still a chance characters will go through changes prior to release, especially if they see the negative reaction to YX's current model.

That does look much better! They should show us all of the characters so we can react negatively to them, lol

silva1991

Sora has gone from this in 2015:

To this now:

There's still a chance characters will go through changes prior to release, especially if they see the negative reaction to YX's current model.

The guns don't look like very cheap plastic toys anymore

normal_vlcsnap-529596.jpg

Really cool that the transforming weapons have unique versions of some of the magical spells. It looks like they may be elementally aligned to a degree? The Hyper Hammer has an alternate fire spell, and the Drill Punch has an alternate aero spell. Both weapons also seem to have elemental effects in their attacks that line up with this as well. Awesome touch!

I wonder how they got approval to show the ride based on Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters in 2015. Guess there might have been a loop hole there since it's a Disney ride in a Disney park.
Kinda crazy I never really thought about that as a give away for toy story world just thought it was a pick because it's a popular ride

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Really cool that the transforming weapons have unique versions of some of the magical spells. It looks like they may be elementally aligned to a degree? The Hyper Hammer has an alternate fire spell, and the Drill Punch has an alternate aero spell. Both weapons also seem to have elemental effects in their attacks that line up with this as well. Awesome touch!
This sorta shit is why I wonder why Xemnas and his clones or whatever even bother and why he's such a smug bastard all the time. I mean Sora is visibly living for this shit at this point and is hella strong.
ZatKfLf.png

Now that I think about it, the twist of DDD is
that Xehanort basically over the course of the entire series, even before it started, set up the endgame where he's gonna get rekt by a teenager accompanied by anthropomorphic animals. Literally a plan decades in the making.

I'll finally be able to beat the crap out of Xehanort!

Unless they pull a "he was Sora all along" thing and we get an ending like (SPOILERS)
Spec Ops: The Line

Azuran

Banned
I'll finally be able to beat the crap out of Xehanort!

Unless they pull a "he was Sora all along" thing and we get an ending like (SPOILERS)
Spec Ops: The Line

Well you already did in Birth by Sleep. It just that no one got a happy ending out of it lol

Enjoying th current reveals and glad we finally got a Pixar movie. Would love a surprise world whether it's Star Wars, marvel or studio ghibli world which isn't Disney owned but they've worked with them quite a bit.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I get this feeling the worlds will be 7-8 in this game. We already know 6 though:

1. Twilight Town
2. Mysterious Tower (if that counts)
3. Corona
4. San Fransokyo
5. Olympus
6. Toy Story World
7. ???
8. ???

Hopefully it's Star Wars World and/or Frozen World. :p

I get this feeling the worlds will be 7-8 in this game. We already know 5 though:

1. Twilight Town
3. Corona
4. San Fransokyo
5. Olympus
6. Toy Story World
7. ???
8. ???

Frozen and a returning one.. does traverse town count?

Gbraga

I still don't like the way the combat looks in this game. It looks off, like the player isn't in complete control.

Prompto

Banned
New interview via Game Informer!

• Flowmotion is now called Athletic Flow, revamped from DDD
  • Every keyblade gets it's own specific transformations. At least 2 each.
  • Connecting combos sucessfully during your first keyblade transformation unlocks the second one. eg. The Keyblade guns become and cannon. The hammer becomes a drill.

More here:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Sounds like flowmotion is only in certain environments and can't be used everywhere, which is good IMO. Hope that's the case.

Famassu

I get this feeling the worlds will be 7-8 in this game. We already know 5 though:

1. Twilight Town
3. Corona
4. San Fransokyo
5. Olympus
6. Toy Story World
7. ???
8. ???

I don't think Mysterious Tower and such count as "full" worlds. Other locations that could/should have a role in KHIII include

The World That Never Was
Keyblade Graveyard
Land of Departure/Castle Oblivion
Realm of Darkness
Daybreak Town
Destiny Island
Radiant Garden

I think it's possible that we'll only have 7-8 worlds on the scale of Toy Story, Olympus & Big Hero 6, and in addition to those we'll also have worlds like Twilight Town & Mysterious Tower that possibly don't take all that much effort to add into the game in comparison to the larger worlds, but still add to the number of places we'll visit in KHIII.

7-8 worlds INCLUDING the likes of Mysterious Tower just sounds waaaaay too small a number. I mean, they already have Destiny Island, Realm of Darkness (assets), Daybreak Town & such modeled in KHIII quality, might as well put them into use in KHIII proper as well.

...I still really want a Treasure Planet world (and/or Atlantis world). C'mon, Nomura, indulge the mediocre animated film loves of my youth. I'm still over the moon in regards to Toy Story. re: the GI interview, I'm looking forward to seeing what summons they pick.

...though maybe not Olaf... one of them will probably be Olaf, sigh.

Someone really liked Titanfall

tumblr_of1yx4KsKS1u9werno1_500.gif

NullKaze

Someone really liked Titanfall
Nah, the riding mechs is clearly Versus inspired. Nomura really, really wanted to put that idea in a game, huh.

I wonder what else from Versus will make its way into KH3.

Here's hoping weapon/Keyblade switching makes its way in!

Kaizer

Banned
That would be amazing.
Donut Sora = instant buy
I'm already day 0 on this game

Gummi ship in kh2 wasn't bad (just needs some tweaking and it'd be quite good imo)
Forzen is basically a given
Big Hero 6 is already confirmed.
BH6.jpg

Aww yesss - excited for a Big Hero 6 world! Was really hoping that would be one of the worlds in KH3. Man, I'm finally starting to get a little hyped for this game. The Toy Story footage looked fantastic.

Nah, the riding mechs is clearly Versus inspired. Nomura really, really wanted to put that idea in a game, huh.

I wonder what else from Versus will make its way into KH3.

Here's hoping weapon/Keyblade switching makes its way in!

It looks like Nomura is recycling a ton of Versus ideas for KHIII. Makes you wonder what could have been for XV.

Since this world is set after Toy Story 2, Andy must be going through his weeb phase since he's purchasing japanese figurines that he would sell later.

I get this feeling the worlds will be 7-8 in this game. We already know 6 though:

1. Twilight Town
3. Corona
4. San Fransokyo
5. Olympus
6. Toy Story World
7. ???
8. ???

7-8 is too low for me. It should at least match KH1's 12 worlds. I wouldn't count Mysterious Tower. That's just an outdoors portion, a flight of stairs, and Yen Sid's office.

Original worlds that I think should be back and fully explorable are Twilight Town, Radiant Garden, and World That Never Was.

Places like Destiny Islands, Daybreak Town, and Castle Oblivion are in, but for only a short portion so they don't count...hopefully.

duckroll

I expect there to be at least 10 full Disney worlds in the game. Not counting stuff like Twilight Town, Radiant Garden, and whatever original stuff or small side worlds which are just one room.

We know 4 so far. Just 6 more to go. They will probably reveal one per year, so 2023 is looking good for a release.

I expect there to be at least 10 full Disney worlds in the game. Not counting stuff like Twilight Town, Radiant Garden, and whatever original stuff or small side worlds which are just one room.

We know 4 so far. Just 6 more to go. They will probably reveal one per year, so 2023 is looking good for a release.
So before Terra Battle hits consoles?

Seriously though I hope we get more new worlds than old worlds.

Anyone expecting more Disney worlds than KH1 (and god help you if you expect as many as KH2) are setting themselves for dissapointment.

Top Bottom