• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 3 Toy Story Gameplay Trailer

aravuus

Well that looked fucking great honestly. Kinda unexpected.

Still not sure what to expect from the story after DDD, but I'm definitely excited to play the game. Hopefully 2018 release happens and we get a finished experience.

nowai

Well that looked fucking great honestly. Kinda unexpected.

Still not sure what to expect from the story after DDD, but I'm definitely excited to play the game. Hopefully 2018 release happens and we get a finished experience.

After FFXV I have little faith in Nomura, but I really want to like this game. I hope his team is able to deliver a great release.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
The outdoor scenes are better in KH3 (Most notably because of environmental objects, grass, etc.)

The indoor scenes look better in TS.

The tools and hardware werent there in 1995 to create things like moving yards with individual blades of grass.

Tabata took a lot of abuse over FFXV due to Nomura's incompetence , and he never complained.

Nomura has been making excuses and blaming others not himself since that latest interview.

After FFXV I have little faith in Nomura, but I really want to like this game. I hope his team is able to deliver a great release.

I actually think Nomura will make another great game with KH3. The problem being is, when?

Damerman

That would be amazing.
Donut Sora = instant buy
I'm already day 0 on this game

Gummi ship in kh2 wasn't bad (just needs some tweaking and it'd be quite good imo)
Forzen is basically a given
Big Hero 6 is already confirmed.
BH6.jpg
Its funny now that kingdom hearts is gonna make me watch a disney movie. Ive never seen big hero 6.

Tabata took a lot of abuse over FFXV due to Nomura's incompetence , and he never complained.

Nomura has been making excuses and blaming others not himself since that latest interview.

Sounds like he's just being honest. There's only so much he can do. Higher ups had them switch engines a year in and they can only do so much with the staff they got.

Which interview are you referring to?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1407045

He goes into why it's taken so long. Square's stretched thin between all their projects and the engine change set them back a lot back in 2014.

You mean Tabata.

Sounds like he's just being honest. There's only so much he can do. Higher ups had them switch engines a year in and they can only do so much with the staff they got.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1407045

He goes into why it's taken so long. Square's stretched thin between all their projects and the engine change set them back a lot back in 2014.
2548845-9461327164-13773.jpg

Goodness some of you can't help yourselves.

raven777

I don't know.. there is a separate thread about Nomura complaining about his situation so I feel maybe that discussion suits better in that thread....

Anyways while I really loved this trailer, it's shame that we didn't get to see any more of Tangled or BH6 worlds. I feel they are saving those worlds for a basically a re-reveal in the future..

I don't know.. there is a separate thread about Nomura complaining about his situation so I feel maybe that discussion suits better in that thread....

Anyways while I really loved this trailer, it's shame that we didn't get to see any more of Tangled or BH6 worlds. I feel they are saving those worlds for a basically a re-reveal in the future..

True enough.

Pardon if it came off as arguing.

FFXV was one of my personal biggest disappointments. KH3 just visually looks so pretty that I WANT to like it. I'm just not jumping in without caution.

Eh it'll be fine. Osaka Team wasn't involved with XV. They've consistently delivered some fun Action RPGs though they were on a much smaller scale like PSP and 3DS.

silva1991

At the end, sure. Tabata tried to make a coherent story once he took over, but Nomura was the one who had the original project.

In the end XV is Tabata's from gameplay to presentation, not Nomura's

You can blame Nomura for Versus 13's dev troubles, but not the end result of someone else's game.

When is TGS? I feel they will announce a new world there. Or at lease they will showcase Big Hero 6 or Tangled's.

In the end XV is Tabata's from gameplay to presentation, not Nomura's

You can blame Nomura for Versus 13's dev troubles, but not the end result of someone else's game.

When is TGS? I feel they will announce a new world there. Or at lease they will showcase Big Hero 6 or Tangled's.

Late September.

We also have PSX and Jump Festa in December. I feel like KH3 will be featured at Jump Festa since the series has a history of being shown off there.

raven777

Basically there is

TGS on September
PSX/Jump Fest on December
D23 Japan on February next year

These are some of the likely places to see KH3 info. I think on December they will probably go for Jump Fest over PSX if they had to choose one since Nomura seems to like that event. Of course they could go full promotion mode and show up at both events..

That looks horrible, they need to fix it.

They will. If you remember (by any chance) several moments in older trailers for both III and 0.2 looked off and (at times) really awful but most stuff was drastically improved over time. I think someone posted comparison screens a few pages ago.

Cool, not that far away.
We will get a trailer that has some scenes from this and last month's trailer and that's it aren't we.

Yeah I'm expected a trailer at TGS that shows only a little new footage. Similar to how they showed basically a Director's Cut version of the E3 2015 trailer at Jump Festa that year. Only thing different in that trailer was they added the Buzz Lightyear attraction flow, the Flowchain attack on heartless and some Marluxia nobodies.

Jump Festa will probably be the place for the next major trailer. Maybe we'll get to hear a song from KH3 since we haven't gotten that yet.

Its Disney nostalgia/with a pinch of final fantasy and two cups full of anime mixed in with good fun flashy gameplay what's not to like

Preach.

For people who have been wondering about Attraction Flow since it hasn't been mentioned/shown at D23, there is this Spanish article with information they got from Nomura yesterday that has gone up. It seems you can't use any Attraction Flow anywhere you want, it will be a surprise based on where you are.

Honestly, I'd be fine if they ditched Attraction Flow after seeing a lot of these cool new elements in the Keyblade transformations. It always struck me as kinda goofy in a way that isn't as fun as the more ridiculous Keyblade transformations like the Hyper Hammer. They don't personally feel very cool to me, and with summons confirmed to be returning it seems like we're spoiled for choice as it is. Keyblade transformations, Shotlocks, summoning, magic, situation commands, party techniques... How many combat options can one man fit into a game? This is why I love Nomura.

That said, Keyblade transformations got a lot cooler since their reveal so Attraction Flow has lots of room to wow me still, but with summons confirmed I'm hoping we finally get a game with a cartoony KH-looking Bahamut in it.

Turin

Banned
What worlds does anyone want to revisit in KH3?

I kind of want them to take another swing at one of the classic worlds from BBS, whichever one can work best. I could never get enough of Halloween Town but I suppose some would feel differently.

Its Disney nostalgia/with a pinch of final fantasy and two cups full of anime mixed in with good fun flashy gameplay what's not to like

I usually just describe it as digital cocaine.

Nomura confirmed on famitsu interview that the number Disney worlds will be smaller than KH2.

Given the scope and detail of the worlds we've seen so far that's not surprising. I hope we get some old school picks, such as revisiting the scrapped jungle book world from BBS, as well as the more recent stuff CG era stuff with Toy Story, Tangled and Big Hero 6 already being in. And if there are esoteric picks make them more Tron than PotC.

Exentryk

The worlds and the areas are essentially all new, so I'm okay if the numbers are lower. As long as there is loads to do in each world, it should be fine.

Top Bottom