• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Chi (Browser Game) update adds a brand new KH world and original music

Malyse

Is this where I drop a link to my post about KH chi?
Yes. Yes it is

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=94219333&highlight=#post94219333
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=94274995&highlight=#post94274995

Just made an account to try this out, and the game seemingly started me off in Daybreak town. The regular music that plays in it out of battle is an upbeat version of Dearly Beloved, idk if its an original arrangement or from one of the other games
EDIT- I guess this is all tutorial stuff, was Daybreak Town always the tutorial location?

Yes. You won't unlock Daybreak Town as a proper world until much further in the game. Also, that is a new arrangement of Dearly Beloved.

After listening to the tune, I kinda like it. It's a really upbeat battle tune and I wouldn't mind getting really used to it, very catchy.

Malyse

This is exactly what I needed. Thanks.

This is perfect. You did everything right with these and have given me reason to care about this game.

6kkFjaw.jpg

I did a longer version on my KHX tumblr with some more info. If I could start threads, I would have already.

http://khchiblade.tumblr.com/post/70647367332

Goli

It's really amusing how many people ditch mobile and browser games as crap, yet a few well written posts seemingly can change minds, while many still are like "bawwww cheap cash ins 0 effort robbery."

Malyse

It's really amusing how many people ditch mobile and browser games as crap, yet a few well written posts seemingly can change minds, while many still are like "bawwww cheap cash ins 0 effort robbery."

The actual nuts and bolts of KHX is really well put together. I dabbled in the other browser games SE has and only this one could hold my interest. In fact, I have a concept of them doing a RE: chi and converting the whole deal into a hunting action game a la Monster Hunter or Phantasy Star Online.

Voror

Battle track is quite nice and I actually dig the artstyle. Having it take place way in the distant past of the setting isn't a bad idea either. Curious if it will get a release here. In the past, I would have said no way, but who knows nowadays.

I get mad about them shifting so much to browser games, but what really bugs me about the whole thing is abandoning handheld and console development except for a few titles here and there in favor of it.

Epcott

I can't even find anything about this game on SE's English site.

I would leave a snarky comment about lack of a localization information on their site, but the forum is just about empty and I wouldn't even know where to put it.

Malyse

No. SE has translated games entirely and just... not released them. See FF Type-0 or NES Final Fantasy's.

I can't even find anything about this game on SE's English site.

I would leave a snarky comment about lack of a localization information on their site, but the forum is just about empty and I wouldn't even know where to put it.

That's because it's not announced. They'll prolly do all the translations, as it's not really that difficult (I mean, the card names are already in english, for heart's sake), but whether they want to release it is another story. Keep in mind that releasing in English *will* hurt the Japanese game. I would deffo abandon my account to play it translated.

Wasn't the issue that Sora and Mickey had found special keyblades, the Kingdom Key and whatever the other one was called?
That would be the Kingdom Key D.

Every other keyblade seen in the series was a keyblade reflected from ones own heart. The Kingdom Key was just so important that it overwrote whatever Sora would have had. (Haven't played DDD yet; I should do that eventually...)
Bit of brilliance there. Ever notice that Ven's keyblade looks incomplete/half formed
it's because his heart's been shattered into half. Incomplete heart, incomplete blade.

Psxphile

Wasn't the issue that Sora and Mickey had found special keyblades, the Kingdom Key and whatever the other one was called? Every other keyblade seen in the series was a keyblade reflected from ones own heart. The Kingdom Key was just so important that it overwrote whatever Sora would have had. (Haven't played DDD yet; I should do that eventually...)

They were only special in the sense that they were two keys from different realms, which they needed to close the door. Then again, their shared design is incorporated within the χ-blade so apparently they have some importance beyond being a basic template for Keyblades of Light and Dark.

Proven

That would be the Kingdom Key D.
Thanks.
Bit of brilliance there. Ever notice that Ven's keyblade looks incomplete/half formed
it's because his heart's been shattered into half. Incomplete heart, incomplete blade.

They were only special in the sense that they were two keys from different realms, which they needed to close the door. Then again, their shared design is incorporated within the χ-blade so apparently they have some importance beyond being a basic template for Keyblades of Light and Dark.

I just wonder if they'll ever put out an official lore reason (or if I missed it) for the different keyblades you can equip in the games Sora and the other keyblade wielders star in. My personal belief is that anyone Sora connects with after obtaining the Kingdom Key allows the key to transform into a representation of that connection. Although when I played the first game I originally thought it was somehow connected to the keychain being able to be switched out (probably not) and the keyblade created was what that person's keyblade would have been (which was spurred on by getting Mickey's Star Seeker keyblade in KH2, but then somewhat debunked by the reveal of Kairi's Destiny's Embrace keyblade; I thought she would have the Oathkeeper, but it could have changed or it could be a special form).

Oh wait, after thinking about how in BbS the basic keyblades matured with the characters, and how anyone can have multiple reflections of ones own heart, and remembering the Roxas fight in KH2... I'm never going to get off this pet theory.

Malyse

Thanks.

I just wonder if they'll ever put out an official lore reason (or if I missed it) for the different keyblades you can equip in the games Sora and the other keyblade wielders star in.

You did miss it. Initial keyblades are a reflection of the wielders heart (the Kingdom Key, Way to Dawn, Star Seeker, Ends of the Earth, ect ect). Custom keyblades are a reflection of the memories of a certain place. That's why you don't get a world blade until you are finished* with that world.

*for the most part and from a story perspective.

Yes. Released....
I always wanted then to explore the Keyblade War as an MMO. KHX didn't present itself like that but now that I've read your synopsis,that just might happen...........and more than likely I won't be able to play it smh...I hope the RE: it some kind of way. The Keyblade War and its beginnings are the only untouched pieces of substantial lore that we dont have. That would give us some direct knowledge as to why Xehanort canme to the conclusions he came to in BbS and onward.

Malyse

I always wanted then to explore the Keyblade War as an MMO. KHX didn't present itself like that but now that I've read your synopsis,that just might happen...........and more than likely I won't be able to play it smh...I hope the RE: it some kind of way. The Keyblade War and its beginnings are the only untouched pieces of substantial lore that we dont have. That would give us some direct knowledge as to why Xehanort canme to the conclusions he came to in BbS and onward.

I have a pretty great concept for how they can make a RE: chi.

I have a pretty great concept for how they can make a RE: chi.

As do I. I shamelessly fantasized about KH related stuff when I was in HS (even down to trailer concepts lol). Yeah I need RE:chi with either a console or handheld approach with hopefully cross platform compatibility. Crafted keyblades with elemental infusions, spells and summons galore, with a high focus on lore driven narratives, leading to the culmination of the Keyblade War, with Matrix Online type mod enabled powers that eventually lead to a cutscene that directly ends the MMO and shifts directly into KHIII n(a la FFXIV OG ending). It needs to be short and sweet. Maybe like 4 months before KHIII comes out, those that pre-order the game will get access. They should take note of Bravely Default's demo style and let unlocks transfer into the main game. Graphically, depending on the hardware choice, they can either use BBS/DDD art direction (though I'd melt at an FFXIV:ARR depth of graphical fidelity with highly detailed Keyblades and Armors). Speaking of which the Armors from BBS need to be incorporated for sure and custom Keyblades. Dreams, I know....but Chi gives me hope...

No need for RE:chi. You guys are overthinking this.

All Square needs to do is provide multiple languages, have accounts linked to social media (Because we don't really use Yahoo out here), and have an iOS and Android version for smartphones(linked to social media accounts).

That way everyone can play. I find it silly Square can't even simply provide a translation and a logistical operation to carry it out worldwide. This isn't rocket science I don't understand why people just stand here and flail their arms hopelessly thinking they'll waste time, manpower, and money to do a remake when they have more important things to complete.

No need for RE:chi. You guys are overthinking this.

All Square needs to do is provide multiple languages, have accounts linked to social media (Because we don't really use Yahoo out here), and have an iOS and Android version for smartphones(linked to social media accounts).

That way everyone can play. I find it silly Square can't even simply provide a translation and a logistical operation to carry it out worldwide. This isn't rocket science I don't understand why people just stand here and flail their arms hopelessly thinking they'll waste time, manpower, and money to do a remake when they have more important things to complete.

You didn't mention WP8 smh...at this point whatever way they localize it, is the way i'll play it. (
Really hope they don't make me buy a Vita smh
)

Top Bottom