• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5, 2.5, and 2.8 are Coming to Xbox One

Jooxed

Gold Member
Can someone explain to me the weird numbering system to someone that has never played a Kingdom Hearts game.

brap

Banned
Honestly it's about fucking time. Rubs me the wrong way they released all that KH shit for PS3 and PS4 but didn't for Xbox. They really think xbros were just gonna play KH 3 and not the other ones?

Typhares

Can someone explain to me the weird numbering system to someone that has never played a Kingdom Hearts game.

From HD 1.5:

1) Kingdom Hearts Final Mix -
Essentially a remake of the first Kingdom Hearts.

2) Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories - A high-definition remake of the GBA game Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, which takes place between Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II.

3) Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days - This is a remake of the DS game of the same name, which also takes place between Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II. The catch: They removed all the gameplay. The version included in this compilation is a three-hour cinematic version of the story.

From HD 2.5:

1) Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix
- A remake of the second Kingdom Hearts.

2) Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix - This is an HD version of the PSP game Birth by Sleep, which is a prequel to the first game. It’s an important one to play if you want to understand the Kingdom Hearts story. Just kidding. Nobody understands the Kingdom Hearts story.

3) Kingdom Hearts Re:coded - Just like 358/2 Days before it, this is a cinematic retelling of the DS game Kingdom Hearts Re:coded. It takes place after Kingdom Hearts II.

Still following? Basically, 1.5 is Kingdom Hearts and the games that followed it, while 2.5 is Kingdom Hearts II and the games that followed it, which makes logical sense and would be pretty straightforward if not for all the other dumb twists and turns. Like our third game:

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
Now we’re getting into batshit insane territory. Bear with me. Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue, which comes out in January for PS4, is actually a compilation of three games:

1) Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD - a high-definition port of the 3DS game Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance, which came out in 2012. This is the most recent Kingdom Hearts game

2) Kingdom Hearts 0.2: Birth by Sleep–A Fragmentary Passage - This is a new playable episode of the story that takes place right after Birth by Sleep and stars one of its main characters, Aqua. It’s not clear why it’s called “0.2.” Presumably director Tetsuya Nomura meant for it to combine with 2.8 to lead to Kingdom Hearts III, but it’s actually part of 2.8, so... you know what? Let’s not think about this too much.

3) Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover - I’m exhausted. Is anyone else exhausted? This one is, according to Square Enix, “a new HD movie that tells the mysterious story of the Foretellers and connects to the earliest parts of the series’ history.”

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Wonder if we've got a PC and Switch release on the horizon. I imagine a Switch could run them, and the series does have history on Nintendo platforms!
... and also I really wanna play these on PC

garballax

Wonder if we've got a PC and Switch release on the horizon. I imagine a Switch could run them, and the series does have history on Nintendo platforms!
... and also I really wanna play these on PC
me too. but i have this sneaking suspicion we won't ever get Kingdom Hearts on PC. something tells me Disney doesn't like the idea of modding. lol. but they do love money...

Holammer

me too. but i have this sneaking suspicion we won't ever get Kingdom Hearts on PC. something tells me Disney doesn't like the idea of modding. lol. but they do love money...

Nah, I think it's coming on PC. As per protocol they'll just dump it on Steam with little fanfare.

PeacefulWorldGuy

Neo Member
About god damn time! Now maybe SE will release DQXI on Xbox as well.
Yeah Square Enix is prefer money-money-money than loyalty/friendship (exclusive title), the origins of Japanese culture i suppose.

Oh yeah that's Yakuza title too, but sadly still no Yakuza 6 release date for Pc and Xbox One.

Last edited:
Top Bottom