• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix screenshots reveal title selection screen

BreakAtmo

Correct.

Then Dream Drop Distance -> 0.2 -> Back Cover

Also, lol at "relaxing". KH1 can be pretty tough. I still sometimes have trouble with it.

Chain is also a piece of shit. Literally. I hate that game with a passion. Unfortunately, it is pretty vital to the plot. But once you beat chain, everything else is pretty great.

Maybe Back Cover before 0.2? It's set before it, it spoils nothing for 0.2, and 0.2 actually leads directly into KH3 while Back Cover does not.

Come on. You only have to pause for 5 seconds and you only really have to do it during bosses. And kh1 and 2 are old games that had issues with 60fps on emulators. Expect 5 patches lol

Maybe they had issues with emulators because y'know, they were being played on emulators?

Mikey Jr.

Maybe Back Cover before 0.2? It's set before it, it spoils nothing for 0.2, and 0.2 actually leads directly into KH3 while Back Cover does not.

Sure. I'll be honest. Haven't played 2.8 yet.

Still a little too expensive for what it is, plus I want to replay KH again, and go into the game fresh.

Still a little too expensive for what it is, plus I want to replay KH again, and go into the game fresh.

The pricing is fine. About the only thing I'm fine with. They lied, dammit, and they need to stop releasing their old shit and get on with the new shit,

Nope. They literally just put it in 60fps and it had issues. Emulators have nothing to do with game physics.

What is "game physics"?

There is a difference between playing a game on an emulator and playing a game that has been properly ported and made to run at higher resolutions and framerates and had proper bugfixing and QA.

Pizza

They basically listed all the games as they were positioned in the two collections. No surprises.

To people new to the games that have definite plans to play through the entire thing, I guess this order is fine.

However, if you want to give this series ONE chance or play just ONE game, play either Birth by Sleep or KH2:FM. Both of these are not only arguably best from a gameplay perspective (especially KH2) but also narratively represent best what the series is about at present. KH1 is severely dated at this point and should not be taken as a representation of the series as a whole.

Birth by Sleep is also a prequel so you can play it without much issue, even though some story moments make for a bigger impact had you played the other games.

This is a big reason I suggest to play the games chronologically, honestly. Frontloading the series with one of the stronger games will give you solid gameplay and a narrative that doesn't require you to go play two or three other games to understand.

1 is great, but if you're walking into kh for the first time you'll be the most lost in the narrative and in one of the more weak games gameplay-wise. Also since it is one of the weaker games, you'll have bbs under your belt already as proof it gets better.

I think if you only want to play the series once and want to completely understand what's happening, start with square one. DDD is a fucking trip and I haven't finished a couple of the games (despite knowing the plot) and I was lost a few times.

gdt

I'm stoked for this. Gave 1.5 a shot but got sidetracked by other games. Stopped at the first real world I think.

They basically listed all the games as they were positioned in the two collections. No surprises.

To people new to the games that have definite plans to play through the entire thing, I guess this order is fine.

However, if you want to give this series ONE chance or play just ONE game, play either Birth by Sleep or KH2:FM. Both of these are not only arguably best from a gameplay perspective (especially KH2) but also narratively represent best what the series is about at present. KH1 is severely dated at this point and should not be taken as a representation of the series as a whole.

Birth by Sleep is also a prequel so you can play it without much issue, even though some story moments make for a bigger impact had you played the other games.

I disagree. KH1 is the only game that represents the series as a whole. That is, boy trying to defeat evil and also donald and goofy are there.

The rest is either setting the scene for convoluted spinoff nonsense (half of 2) or convoluted spinoff nonsense.

None of the things mentioned will matter when 3 finally wraps it up. We'll be lucky if SE puts the main plotline in the game, let alone any of the side shows.

BigEmil

The pricing is fine. About the only thing I'm fine with. They lied, dammit, and they need to stop releasing their old shit and get on with the new shit,
They didn't lie all they said was when they was interviewed in 2015 about bringing this games to PS4 Square said they had no plans to bring it to PS4 at the time, and of course that was in 2015 it's not like plans can change or anything later on..

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
my hope is that they went back and fixed all the bugs and glitches in the PS3 versions for this release. the final xemnas battle in 2FM is borked, so say nothing of random crashes, loading issues including the drive form lag

Famassu

Anyone who wants to get into this series should play them in release order. Chronological order is a terrible way to experience the games. Just play this collection from top to bottom.
Release order is preferable for everything else except Days is perfectly fine being experienced before KHII. You might be "spoiled" on some stuff from II but you get a bit more context for Roxas and Org XIII that can enhance & clarify events in KHII a bit.

xRaizen

Release order is preferable for everything else except Days is perfectly fine being experienced before KHII. You might be "spoiled" on some stuff from II but you get a bit more context for Roxas and Org XIII that can enhance & clarify events in KHII a bit.

Watching Days before playing KH2 makes scenes waaaaaaaaaaay more powerful for Roxas in KH2

BreakAtmo

That's fair. I do think the value is fairly decent though - while there's a smaller amount of content than the ReMIX collections, those were all remasters while 2 of 2.8's 3 parts are new. Of course I also got it for a lower price - AU$64, when games are normally AU$79-89 around here. Are there no places in the US selling it for cheaper?

Afrocious

Not exactly official confirmation, but Gamestop US seems to be selling a digital code for the game. I assume it will be available through the Playstation store at some point. I was worried that this wasn't going to get a digital release even if 2.8 did.
[/QUOTE] Nice. I'm down for going digital.

raven777

Japanese boxart

C4xFv-WUcAADpqk

Still debating on whether to get this or not.

I own both the PS3 versions, but I do want 60 FPS and it is only $39.99 with Amazon Prime. Decisions...

Top Bottom