• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix screenshots reveal title selection screen

KHlover

Banned
Nice looking menu. You literally just have to play in order from top to bottom. Glad we got the usual dumb questions that pop up in KH threads out of the way in the first few posts.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
WOW, are ALL these games on a single disc now ? All for $60 ?

Talk about a value purchase.

Well, four of them are games and the other two are movies, but yeah, it's a rather wonderful value. As a newcomer to the series, I'm very happy this exists.

What's the correct chronological order to play all of them?

In my opinion play them in order of release. So technically you would only swap KH2 and 358/2 Days IIRC.

KH1 -> Chain of Memories -> KH2 -> 358/2 Days -> Birth by Sleep -> ReCoded

But HOW will I KNOW what order to play them in????? Why is 2 fourth on the list?????? Does that mean i skip all others??? This is so confusing!!!

/s

What's the correct chronological order to play all of them?

Birth By Sleep
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (but I would recommend swapping this with KH2, it doesn't make much sense unless you've played it)
Kingdom Hearts II

I completely forget what is even in KH Re:Coded. From what I remember it was a mobile game that they just stripped out the cutscenes from and put on the disc. So, surprise yourself. To my knowledge it was some bogus ass storyline meant to facilitate replaying KH levels in a different gameplay form on mobile. Something like Sora has a digital copy living out the adventures again and realizes he's just a computer file. And trust me, that's not even close to the most nonsensical thing in this series.

Not buying it. Not a 60fps purist. And I'm still salty when SE said they wouldnt be doing this. Liars.
They said they didn't have plans for it, which at the time could have been correct. I for one am glad they're doing this. My PS3 shat itself shortly after 2.5 launched (doesn't read discs, can't go online, and the controllers don't work unless plugged in) so I'm very glad that I can have all the games on PS4.

KHlover

Banned
Not buying it. Not a 60fps purist. And I'm still salty when SE said they wouldnt be doing this. Liars.

So you would rather have the garbage PS3 version of Kingdom Hearts 2 be the only way to play that game in HD? Square-Enix does good releasing this, provided they ironed out the kinks, of course.

Pretty slick. Wish this was getting an Xbox One release. Not sure I get the point of KH3 releasing without it. Guess for now it'll sit near the top of my "if I ever buy a PS4" list.

Chief Devin

This series really isn't as complicated as people claim. I mean it's right there on the start screen, just play them and stop worrying.

I still wanna know what exactly the trophy adjustments are that Nomura talked about. Hopefully just making the difficulty trophies stackable but keeping everything else. That way there may be a chance of trophy lists being shared.
Would be nice if save files carried over from the PS3 editions as well but they'd need to patch those and somehow I don't think that's likely. =/

So you would rather have the garbage PS3 version of Kingdom Hearts 2 be the only way to play that game in HD? Square-Enix does good releasing this, provided they ironed out the kinks, of course.

It isn't even that bad. It's 1080p, most of the bugs have a workaround, and it looks stunning. Come on. They need to stop rerereleasing shit. It's fucking tiresome. Not to mention lazy.

Dabi

Is the order of the titles, the order they suggest playing through the titles? My first time playing this series so this collection is what I'll start with obviously.

Edit: Nvm. Question answered lol

cftrooper

I'm bothered that 358/2 Days is listed before Kingdom Hearts 2 and I can't be the only one. All they had to do was put it in 100% release order. Not good for people who don't know any better.

botty

Banned
To be fair those are the ports of the ports of (up to) fifteen years old games. At some point you have to drop the price.

The value in this boxset is substantially higher than 3x what's in 2.8. For all intents and purposes, 2.8 contains everything currently wrong with the Kingdom Hearts series.

Nice of them to release a version of KH2FM that's not borderline unplayable. Too bad it comes with what will be my third copy of 1.5.

mrmickfran

what boxart i dont think its been revealed

917UiEzHb9L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Son Of D

So is this listed by suggested play order? Hm, looks like thats how I will play through them.

People may argue about Days or KH2 first. Since Days does spoil some stuff in KH2 and KH2 was released first, but there are some things in Days that will fill in any gaps about KH2.

Luigi87

I need videos of this already!

Wanna see that 60fps 2FM!

Also, please, PLEASE let the glitches from 2.5 PS3 be fixed... Hoping installation on PS4 will circumvent a bunch of them.

DigtialT

Do not, and I repeat, do not watch the 358/2 movie before Kingdom Hearts 2, spoils alot of mystery in the beginning of the game as well as some revelations later on

RexNovis

Banned
Still waiting for the digital version to post to the store. I don't understand why it's still not available this close to release.

Santar

I hope they've fixed the cutscenes to actually be in true 16:9 this time, instead of just zooming in on the 4:3 ones like in the PS3 versions loosing image on top and bottom. It really annoyed me.

BigEmil

It isn't even that bad. It's 1080p, most of the bugs have a workaround, and it looks stunning. Come on. They need to stop rerereleasing shit. It's fucking tiresome. Not to mention lazy.
KH 2.5 on PS3 has ridiculously long load times every single transition, buggy and full of jaggies I presume no AA or anything added. 1.5 is even worse on PS3 it's around 720p 30fps and load times are also worser than PS2 version but 1.5 loading is nowhere near as bad as 2.5 load times. Also tired of hearing this shit about rereleases if you don't want it don't buy it but for those who want it will want to buy it end of.

I also own both of these on PS3 and buying the definitive PS4 version including both remixes on one disc at their best quality and 60fps is awesome and still great value for money I'll be selling my PS3 copies shortly

Why did the collection named 1.5 + 2.5 HD Remix release on March 28th and while the one named 2.8 HD Remix released on January 15th? Are they trying to confuse us?!
....because they were already released on the PS3 first.

That menu looks quite good.

Honestly, by now I think they should just remove the "Final Mix" part from the names, since these are pretty much the definitive editions and the only editions that are getting ported.
🤔 uhhh no

ScrapBrain

Excited for having the collection all in one place, but I'm slightly disappointed that the gameplay for 'Kingdom Hearts: Math' isn't included. Cutscenes were nice on the PS3 though, so I guess it's better than nothing if you need to get caught up

Top Bottom