• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue |OT| May our hearts be our guiding key

Strings

What an obscenely fucking pretty game. Models are a bit iffy in cutscenes, but the actual gameplay is just:

BC8Fy.gif

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I've never played a Kh game but bought this, why the hell is this out before the release of 1 and 2?.

1.5 and 2.5 were already released on PS3 individually. 1.5+2.5 is a recompilation compilation all on one disc

Also, 1.5 and 2.5 are not just 2 games. There are 4 games with 2 movies all together

Cornbread78

I've never played a Kh game but bought this, why the hell is this out before the release of 1 and 2?.

I'm holding off on buying this until 1.5/2.5 come out together at the end of March, so I can play 1.5>2.5>2.8 in proper order on PS4.

I look forward to playing through everything again!!!

The real reason is that if they released KH1 in 60 fps they might as well not release anything after that cause it can't get any better.

xRaizen

Can't fucking wait to play and see what happens in 0.2

I've been really careful about spoilers since Japan got the game two weeks ago and so far I've been successful

Played through 0.2 on Saturday in proud mode , gameplay was slightly clunky, was a mix of bbs/kh2 with a focus on massive mobs.The enemy variety was pretty good , and they were surprisingly engaging to fight, but the camera was a large part of the fight because it's so zoomed in.
Bosses are a different matter, and the final one especially ....not good.
Story wise nothing really happens at all, which was disappointing but expected.

Strings

16178382_1247593875319503_48202797174326531_o.jpg

16252180_1247605368651687_7591422831251410357_o.jpg

To top it all off, feels like it's running ~45ish or so fps on my Pro. That number is completely pulled out of my ass, but it does feel super smooth. Looking forward to the Digital Foundry/NX Gamer analysis.

Eblo

I've been so focused on wanting to play 0.2 that I forgot that Back Cover X will be in this collection as well. So much to look forward to this week.

madmackem

I'm holding off on buying this until 1.5/2.5 come out together at the end of March, so I can play 1.5>2.5>2.8 in proper order on PS4.

I look forward to playing through everything again!!!
So I'm not going to have a clue what's going on am I jumping in on this?. Ahh well yakuza to play I suppose hehe.

Strings

So I'm not going to have a clue what's going on am I jumping in on this?. Ahh well yakuza to play I suppose hehe.

DDD actually has an incredibly comprehensive log that summarises all the other games, but that said, definitely don't start the series with it.

For all the crap the games get for being confusing, they make perfect sense when played in order, so just wait until March :p

Cornbread78

See below since they beat me to it:

DDD actually has an incredibly comprehensive log that summarises all the other games, but that said, definitely don't start the series with it.
For all the crap the games get for being confusing, they make perfect sense when played in order, so just wait until March :p

Yeah it's a better idea to wait for the collection coming out in March and going in order.

Yeah, you really should wait until the end of March so you can play them all in order. I'm looking forward to dumping lots of time into all of them again since they are a ton of fun to play, even though, the story CAN get confusing, lol.

Inuhanyou

To top it all off, feels like it's running ~45ish or so fps on my Pro. That number is completely pulled out of my ass, but it does feel super smooth. Looking forward to the Digital Foundry/NX Gamer analysis.

Its been confirmed that the PS4 version will run at locked 30fps, while Pro will be running at unlocked FPS. So i can assume yeah 40 to 45 will be your experience. That's generally the trend for the CPU upclock of the pro

Embargo is over and I am free to talk.

Holy shit was 2.8 excellent. I was so surprised by the voice work in both 0.2 and Back Cover! I actually thought they might have gotten a new voice director in haha.

A lot of 0.2 was me thinking "holy shit" over and over again. Impressive world design, challenging bosses, and so much more. This was just a tiny piece of what KHIII will be like and that just amazes me.

RPGCrazied

Can't wait. The reason I bought a 3DS when it was launched for that system. Didn't beat it. Finally to play it in HD.

Don't forget! Sora Champion Medal releases today for World of Final Fantasy as well. Redeem him from the PSN before March 31st 2017

Inuhanyou

That's a higher initial meta than i thought considering how isolated from everything else this compilation is. Its basically impenetrable to anyone but core fans

If it ends up at 80 or higher, i will consider that a positive suprise

Exentryk

Beautiful OT!

Hoping my copy arrives before the weekend. It's been so long since I played a Kingdom Hearts game.

Embargo is over and I am free to talk.

Holy shit was 2.8 excellent. I was so surprised by the voice work in both 0.2 and Back Cover! I actually thought they might have gotten a new voice director in haha.

A lot of 0.2 was me thinking "holy shit" over and over again. Impressive world design, challenging bosses, and so much more. This was just a tiny piece of what KHIII will be like and that just amazes me.

This sounds positive!
Hype pls.

Wilsongt

I've watched the cutscenes and some of the ending stuff on Chi, and I still can't figure out what the hell is going on.

raven777

Great OT!
I have been playing since I bought the JP version on the 12th and I am having a blast with it. Still playing 0.2 to get all the objectives which is painful..

EoinOL

I was going to wait until the 1.5 and 2.5 Remix on PS4 was released so I could play BBS before this, but since Amazon had it for a good price with the recent promotion giving £10 off orders over £50, I've bought it anyway.

On the assumption that I am going to play through DDD, how badly am I going to spoil BBS by doing that?

I'm not worried about not understanding bits of DDD because I haven't played BBS - it's really only how badly BBS will be spoiled that I am curious about.

I was going to wait until the 1.5 and 2.5 Remix on PS4 was released so I could play BBS before this, but since Amazon had it for a good price with the recent promotion giving £10 off orders over £50, I've bought it anyway.

On the assumption that I am going to play through DDD, how badly am I going to spoil BBS by doing that?

I'm not worried about not understanding bits of DDD because I haven't played BBS - it's really only how badly BBS will be spoiled that I am curious about.

BBS will be spoiled entirely but then again if you wanna jump in now you can.

She brings it, and she crushes it.

I have a hard time believing this but we shall see. I don't know if I should blame indeed the voice direction or terrible scripts.

Then again what little I heard of Back Cover in trailers was actually pretty well delivered despite a few clunky lines.

Auctopus

Great OP. Haven't played KH since KH2 on PS2. Going to buy this after 1.5 and 2.5 collection, can't wait.

Had no idea that's how DDD worked, sounds unbelieveably annoying.

Top Bottom