• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue |OT| May our hearts be our guiding key

Great OP. Haven't played KH since KH2 on PS2. Going to buy this after 1.5 and 2.5 collection, can't wait.

Had no idea that's how DDD worked, sounds unbelieveably annoying.

It sorta is super stupid but you can manually change the character to reset the timer. So it just becomes a mild inconvinience that makes zero sense. Think tripping in Brawl.

Hmm, it's not available for Best Buy in store pickup?

What are the odds it's there tomorrow at my local store alongside Tales, which is saying the same thing?

I was playing earlier tonight and I kept on going as Sora thanks to Drop-Me-Nots. It actually got to the point where I had nothing left for Sora to do and so I dropped back to Riku, redeeming over 700 drop points which felt glorious.

In fact, I've only had a forced drop twice in the game so far. Every other time it was my decision to drop.

RPGCrazied

Slater

Banned
Now more people can simultaneously appreciate Ray Chase as the Master of Masters and be bored outta there skull by how nothing 99 percent of back cover is

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
OMG ;_; that 0.2 starting menu...holy shit

tumblr_ojvuv1n3fk1vfdbcyo2_500.gif

I really wish that Square Enix would make something for the people that can't follow the Kingdom Hearts story like the MGS4 did with the MGS4 database on PS3. Just make a database for Kingdom Hearts app already.

I watched the entirety of the Back Cover movie, I played the Mobile game and I know somewhat of the background story, but I had more questions about this than anything kingdom hearts related ever.

Who is the Master really and why does he act like Xigbar? Why is he and his apprentice dressed as a Organization XIII members? Are these people that started the Keyblade War going to be the main Antagonists in KH3? What's in the box??!??

I hope we get those answers in KH3.

SOLDIER

Birth by Sleep spoilers:

I'm still impressed to this day how they managed to get away with such a dark ending in a Disney-licensed game. The fate of the three characters is like some sort of existential horror that makes death seem like a mercy. Urobuchi would be proud.

Aqua in particular is a fascinating case, since she had to spend over 10 years (?) trapped in a dark world with nothing but Heartless wanting to kill her in a daily basis. It raises all sorts of questions (like how the hell she's even alive? Seriously, what does she eat there? Does she age? Or is it like some eternal time void?), but it makes me wonder about her mental state.

They probably won't go too deep into the dark with this (ironically enough), but I am hoping for some emotional pathos, especially in the moment where she eventually frees herself. Nomura knows character emotions, so I'm hoping I won't be disappointed.

And please please please PLEASE let her be Kairi's master in Kairi's playablce scenario in KHIII.

Birth by Sleep spoilers:

Aqua in particular is a fascinating case, since she had to spend over 10 years (?) trapped in a dark world with nothing but Heartless wanting to kill her in a daily basis. It raises all sorts of questions (like how the hell she's even alive? Seriously, what does she eat there? Does she age? Or is it like some eternal time void?), but it makes me wonder about her mental state.
Time flows slowly in the Realm of Darkness. Aqua states that she doesn't know if weeks or years pass with each step she takes, and she even asks Mickey how long she's been away. To her, it doesn't feel like 10 years have passed.

Famassu

Great OP. Haven't played KH since KH2 on PS2. Going to buy this after 1.5 and 2.5 collection, can't wait.

It's really a non-issue once you get past a certain point pretty early in the game. Even then I think I've read the HD version has a longer drop gauge, so it's even more of a non-issue in this than it originally was.

Slater

Banned
How much of X-Chi/Unchained X will I be missing out on if I only watch Backcover?
Like all the relevant parts of it cause it ends like 3/4 through unchained.

Back cover has exactly one actually relevant scene in it the other 99 percent is filler cut like a cutscene compilation.

Master of Masters is fun though

Famassu

How much of X-Chi/Unchained X will I be missing out on if I only watch Backcover?
Nothing so far, really. Season 2 you'll miss completely, but if it's as sparse with story as Season 1 of KHUX, then you can just do a quick 2-3 minute read-through of some Wiki article and get the gist of it.

Ydelnae

Nearly everything! This is a Tetsuya Nomura™ experience so:

• The Chi and Unchained Chi stories are two alternative versions and we still don't know which one will be the canon one.
  • The Unchained Chi story is not done yet and we haven't even reached the halfway point.
  • The Back Cover story covers what we don't see in part of the Unchained Chi (or is the Chi one?) story, so it would be like playing the Sora side of CoM and skipping Riku's story? Or stopping playing 358/2 Days when Sora falls to sleep in CoM?

Either way, we do not know yet! Please look forward to his next interview in Famitsu magazines.

• The Chi and Unchained Chi stories are two alternative versions and we still don't know which one will be the canon one.
  • The Unchained Chi story is not done yet and we haven't even reached the halfway point.
  • The Back Cover story covers what we don't see in part of the Unchained Chi (or is the Chi one?) story, so it would be like playing the Sora side of CoM and skipping Riku's story?

Either way, we do not know yet! Please look forward to his next interview in Famitsu magazines.
Where he'll say the vaguest shit ever

Inuhanyou

I still doubt the mobile game will ever be necessary to understand the rest of the story

My copy won't be coming until Thursday (although there's Yakuza at any rate...).

I can't believe I'm paying $48 for a short 4 hour game and a movie, essentially. But it does look really good.

Slater

Banned
I still doubt the mobile game will ever be neccesary
Hahaha you need to see back cover, also this is the guy who made a conversation between Namine and Terra that only happened in a live action one time stage thing in Japan canon and relevant to 2.8

The dude does NOT get benefit of the doubt

jiggle

I really wish that Square Enix would make something for the people that can't follow the Kingdom Hearts story like the MGS4 did with the MGS4 database on PS3. Just make a database for Kingdom Hearts app already.

I watched the entirety of the Back Cover movie, I played the Mobile game and I know somewhat of the background story, but I had more questions about this than anything kingdom hearts related ever.

Who is the Master really and why does he act like Xigbar? Why is he and his apprentice dressed as a Organization XIII members? Are these people that started the Keyblade War going to be the main Antagonists in KH3? What's in the box??!??

I hope we get those answers in KH3.

I thought he's xehanort?
Didn't he strike this same pose at the very end?
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net...)_KHBBS.png/revision/latest?cb=20130619030229

Luxu is the mystery

I bet it's Sora in the box lol

• The Back Cover story covers what we don't see in part of the Unchained Chi (or is the Chi one?) story, so it would be like playing the Sora side of CoM and skipping Riku's story? Or stopping playing 358/2 Days when Sora falls to sleep in CoM?

Bless Nomura

DNAbro

Hahaha you need to see back cover, also this is the guy who made a conversation between Namine and Terra that only happened in a live action one time stage thing in Japan canon and relevant to 2.8

Wait what

Wezzulus

Neo Member
Time flows slowly in the Realm of Darkness. Aqua states that she doesn't know if weeks or years pass with each step she takes, and she even asks Mickey how long she's been away. To her, it doesn't feel like 10 years have passed.

There is actually no time at all in the realm of darkness. It doesn't exist. Hence why Aqua doesn't age

Inuhanyou

Oh please, its not anywhere near as what your describing.

Famassu

There's a difference with something being canon and being vital information to anything. I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about with the live action thing and I don't think I'm at a loss of what is happening in more recent story developments of KH (other than KHUX, but that's an on-going story so a lot will hopefully still be clarified).

Sapientas

I've played through 0.2 already and it's a pretty cool teaser demo. Combat translated well and has new mechanics that can really improve it, especially how it integrates with magic.

I really hope there's a day one patch though, since the game has a lot of framerate issues and some problems moving Aqua around.

Ghekkus

I'm holding off on buying this until 1.5/2.5 come out together at the end of March, so I can play 1.5>2.5>2.8 in proper order on PS4.

I look forward to playing through everything again!!!

As someone who has never played a Kingdom Hearts game before, is this everything needed to get caught up before 3 comes out?

I've played through 0.2 already and it's a pretty cool teaser demo. Combat translated well and has new mechanics that can really improve it, especially how it integrates with magic.

I really hope there's a day one patch though, since the game has a lot of framerate issues and some problems moving Aqua around.

Did your game stutter when switching forms? I'm glad to hear this, thought my ps4 might be dying.

She brings it, and she crushes it.

All i hear is thea now ):

Ydelnae

Wait what

The voice actors for Naminé and Terra got on stage during the first KH concert to play a scene in which the two characters meet. In that scene, Naminé asks Terra to guide Aqua while she's in the realm of darkness.

This scene which only ~200 people got to see is the official prologue to 0.2.

Top Bottom