• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD 4 (I.5+II.5) Remix announced for PS4 IN 60FPS, March 28th, 2017

Andodalf

Banned
358/2 Days is the best KH spinoff. The Roxas/Axel/Xion dynamic is perfect. The meta narrative of how all the characters in the game play second fiddle the the characters in the main series is a beautiful allusion to its status as a spinoff. Based game.

Sephend

can someone explain to me the difference between this and the other game on ps4, 2.8?
2.8 is a the 3ds game Dream Drop Distance remastered and brand new sort of sequel to Aqua's story from Birth By Sleep, called 0.2 Fragmentary Passage

This one is a collection of the previous ps3 remasters of KH1, KH2, Chain of Memories, 358/2 days, re: coded, and Birth by Sleep.

robotrock

Banned
can someone explain to me the difference between this and the other game on ps4, 2.8?

Here's the order you play them, I'll number each game in each collection.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5
1. Kingdom Hearts
2. Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories
4. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (movie)

Kingdom Hearts 2.5
3. Kingdom Hearts 2
5. Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
6. Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded (movie)

Kingdom Hearts 2.8
7. Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
8. Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep 0.2
9. Kingdom Hearts x Back Cover (movie)

For the most part you're playing the games in both collections in order but you end up skipping 358 until you've finished playing Kingdom Hearts 2 since 358 assumes you've already played through KH2 and spoils some aspects and gives context to other things.

Aside from watching the 358 movie after KH2 you're basically playing all of the games/movies in Kingdom Hearts 1.5, 2.5 and 2.8 in order.

They all include different games

Kinsei

Banned

This game includes the following

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD (An enhanced rerelease of the first Kingdom Hearts)
Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories HD (A PS2 remake of a GBA game)
Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix HD (An enhance relrelease of Kingdom Hearts 2)
A cutscene compilation of Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (Originally a DS game)
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix HD (An enhanced rerelease of Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep)
A cutscene compilation of Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded (Originally a DS game)

2.8 includes the following

Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD
Kingdom Hearts A Fragmentary Passage (An all new gme. Think of it as Kingdom Hearts 3's Ground Zeroes)
A cutscene compilation of Unchained X (originally a mobile game)

EDIT: Beat.

Jeff6851

I preordered (sorry lol, I know what I'm getting so I view it as ok) this and the LE of 2.8 but I haven't played BbS yet (though I kinda know the story from GT video) and so I don't know if I should wait to play 3D until I finish that.

Kinsei

Banned
I preordered (sorry lol, I know what I'm getting so I view it as ok) this and the LE of 2.8 but I haven't played BbS yet (though I kinda know the story from GT video) and so I don't know if I should wait to play 3D until I finish that.

3D has some moments that are better if you've played BbS but if you remember the whole story the you should be fine playing 3D before BbS.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I wonder what 4K KH 1.5 and 2.5 will look like :)

I've seen 4K emulated shots on PC, but its not the same compared to official comparisons

Hopefully there is some cool collector's edition for both games. I wouldn't mind waiting longer for 2.8 if you could have the option to have it bundled with HD4 in a cool box with goodies.

Plz no limited edition pin only though.

Hopefully there is some cool collector's edition for both games. I wouldn't mind waiting long for 2.8 if you could have the option to have it bundled with HD4 in a cool box with goodies.

This absolutely has to come with sone good goodies it Just wouldn't be right if it didn't

Hopefully there is some cool collector's edition for both games. I wouldn't mind waiting long for 2.8 if you could have the option to have it bundled with HD4 in a cool box with goodies.

Like this but for PS4:
kingdom-hearts-2.5-re8wjfe.jpg

Andrefpvs

I know they prolly will be direct ports but I would kill for them to add a fourth spell shortcut for KH1.

Also there are a few bugs and stuff. Xemnas being the worst offender, followed by the Pink Agaricus triangle shenanigans. And a few minor nitpicks like copypaste translations from the original KH weapon descriptions that were outdated in FM (Dream Shield being one IIRC).

I'd love if they went back and fixed those.

The Pink Agaricus thing is caused by reaction commands being moved to the Triangle button in the HD release. However, the Triangle button was originally the "Call Allies" button, that instructed your teammates to attack relentlessly. The "Call Allies" command was never reassigned to another button in the HD release (despite R2 now being unused), and so now whenever you use a reaction command you're also telling your party to attack, which could mess up your strategy. It's a significant oversight. I'm not confident that it will be fixed in the PS4 version, though.

A fourth spell shortcut would be great too. KH2 and the following games proved that it can work.

Also, KH2 always freezes in one of the final fights if you use a certain reaction command while in Limit Form (I lost half an hour of progress in the PS3 version thanks to this).

To be honest, I'd be happy enough if they just added a way to transfer my PS3 saves to the PS4 versions, like FFX allowed. I'm not unlocking all that stuff again ._.

eLGee

Anyone know if the PS4 version of KH 2.5 will be the uncensored version of the game? I was pretty bummed out when I discovered that the PS3 version still was censored for some idiotic reason. Otherwise I might have to import the game from the US.

Anyone know if the PS4 version of KH 2.5 will be the uncensored version of the game? I was pretty bummed out when I discovered that the PS3 version still was censored for some idiotic reason. Otherwise I might have to import the game from the US.

What is censored?

eLGee

What is censored?

Most of it is in Port Royal, when Will threatens suicide. He doesn't aim the gun at his head in the EU version. Also, the undead pirates don't catch fire. In the Colusseum, the Hydra's green blood has been changed into smoke. There are other changes elsewhere too, I don't remember them all.

Most of it is in Port Royal, when Will threatens suicide. He doesn't aim the gun at his head in the EU version. Also, the undead pirates don't catch fire. In the Colusseum, the Hydra's green blood has been changed into smoke. There are other changes elsewhere too, I don't remember them all.

I remember they changed Xigbar's crosshair in II

€: Here i found a complete(?) list of changes

http://www.statemaster.com/encyclop...erences_between_English_and_Japanese_Versions

Oh, I see... These are minor things but I hope we will have the true version in the PlayStation 4 port.

Top Bottom