• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Mafusto

Am about to finish critical mode with Terra. What should I do before I finish the last battle so I won't miss out on stuff/get hit by the glitch?

Psxphile

What am I doing wrong with Xigbar? I haven't had any issues with him before but I also haven't played it in half a decade. I get him to about two bars and I get stuck into that small square where he unleashes this unavoidable barrage. I managed to get around it the first time he used it but the second wiped me out. It keeps happening. Reflect works okay but I can only spam it so long before a stray dart hits me and I'm screwed.

I seem to recall someone mentioning you can just walk around in a circle during the DM and you'll avoid most of his attack, but never managed it on my playthrough.

Am about to finish critical mode with Terra. What should I do before I finish the last battle so I won't miss out on stuff/get hit by the glitch?
Terra has a Xehanort Report you can only get from beating one of the low-level Arena missions. Weaver, was it? You need every Report on every character's playthrough to unlock Final Episode. The glitch is allegedly avoided by completing Final Episode before reloading a character's clear save.

So, playing KHII for the first time I thought I was being overconfiedent by going straight into critical. And actually, it wasn't that bad at all. That is, until I got to
Roxas
. Holy shit did I want to kill myself. Hour and a half dedicated to this guy.

Kinsei

Banned
The World That Never Was spoilers:
Roxas was so hella hard. Good god. I happened to get lucky and dodged his combos and got about a bar or so of health snagged off of him and then stole his key blades and had a much easier time. It took me about twenty times.

What am I doing wrong with Xigbar? I haven't had any issues with him before but I also haven't played it in half a decade. I get him to about two bars and I get stuck into that small square where he unleashes this unavoidable barrage. I managed to get around it the first time he used it but the second wiped me out. It keeps happening. Reflect works okay but I can only spam it so long before a stray dart hits me and I'm screwed.

It is avoidable. All you need to do is walk in a circle around him to dodge it.

Finalow

If you're going to get to 99 and fight Lingering Will, you may as well do the things you say you might skip. Those two things are more tedious than anything else aside from synthesizing.
well I'm already lvl 89 so it shouldn't take long, and LW can be done with an easy trick I'm reading. (I'll try with the "legit way" first though)

SykoTech

Well, nice to see I'm not alone in getting my ass handed to me by
Roxas.

Heh, maybe this Critical Mode / Level 1 thing wasn't a good idea. Managed pretty well so far since I was familiar with the attacks and patterns of the others, but I went into this one blind and got slaughtered in one or two hits. Guess it'll be the same with the other new bosses. And I don't even have Second Chance or Once More to save me

Oh well, no turning back now!

Weiss

Banned
Has anyone else noticed a difficulty spike in Deep Space and Neverland for Aqua? When I was in those levels I noticed that all my attacks were doing really low damage, and I could barely scratch Vanitas. I actually had to go grinding for new commands and to upgrade my D-Links, and when I came back I smoked him.

lolmagichour

Afrocious

For getting the platinum in BBS, a few questions:

1) I've tried BBS on PSP and got halfway through Terra's story on Critical before I started over on Proud. If you're going for the BBS Plat, are you just trying to do everything on Critical, or are you going at it in a lower difficulty first, doing everything, and then beating the game on Critical without doing side stuff?

2) When starting a new file, what are some commands I should prioritize?

3) Is there a way to abuse the command board and meld?

So I decided to restart KH2 on Proud. Critical was a bit too frustrating for me for a first time play through. Wasn't even the fact that it was hard, but more so that the checkpoints in this game are so spaced out that it became annoying having to replay long stretches of levels every time a random heartless one-shots me. I lost about 8 hours of progress but I already passed the point I was stuck on in about half the time on Proud. I think proud is challenging enough and the extra health doesn't make it as frustrating as critical was.

On a side note, that Steamboat Willy level was fucking perfection. When it was over I was kind of wishing that the whole game was like that.

I also tried my first absent silhouette fight against Zexion and holy shit he kicked my ass. Which is weird considering he was one of the easier bosses in Re:COM (which is overall a much harder game IMO).

One more thing is there no dodge roll in this? I find it weird that they up the pace so much in this game but replaced the dodge roll with a guard move. It's really fucking with my flow.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One more thing is there no dodge roll in this? I find it weird that they up the pace so much in this game but replaced the dodge roll with a guard move. It's really fucking with my flow.

You get Dodge Roll by leveling up Limit Form, which you get after the second visit to Twilight Town.

Is there a guide or any tips for the Gummi stuff? I know about the circle Gummi design stuff but I'm wondering which missions I have to clear to get the blueprints and which are the best EX missions to do for the trophies.

Kain

I can't believe it, but I have beaten data Xigbar, Saix, Marluxia and Lexaeus without breaking a sweat xD

Well, if I was level 1 I would have raged in Marluxia so hard, but I'm not that masochist.

Now onto Larxene and Axel and then the tricky ones. I have no desire whatsoever to fight Xaldin or Luxord again, but what can I do...

Afrocious

I can't believe it, but I have beaten data Xigbar, Saix, Marluxia and Lexaeus without breaking a sweat xD

Well, if I was level 1 I would have raged in Marluxia so hard, but I'm not that masochist.

Now onto Larxene and Axel and then the tricky ones. I have no desire whatsoever to fight Xaldin or Luxord again, but what can I do...

Reflect destroys Axel. Reflect + combo. He'll jump into the fire and you can RC him. Rinse and Repeat.

Larxene = guard/reflect everything. When there's just 2 of her, keep blocking until you can combo on or both quickly. You can get a RC that'll lead into another combo. When she's just spamming lightning, get close to her and combo reflect.

Kain

Reflect destroys Axel. Reflect + combo. He'll jump into the fire and you can RC him. Rinse and Repeat.

Larxene = guard/reflect everything. When there's just 2 of her, keep blocking until you can combo on or both quickly. You can get a RC that'll lead into another combo. When she's just spamming lightning, get close to her and combo reflect.

Yes, just destroyed Larxene in the first try by blocking. I guess the 75% thunder resistance I had helps.

Now Axel.

PS: I found Xigbar to be easier than the story fight somehow. He telegraphs all of his attacks and you can block everything he does, he dies by hitting himself mostly. And I can confirm that during his DM if you glide around the little square platform you are in he won't even touch you.

botty

Banned
hohasDk.png

I am the 0.7%
iLUQiMkhfjitF.gif

Kain

I keep losing the Barbosa fight without Dying. If jack dies is the boss autofail?

What the hell?

Well, magic really destroys him, so spam thunder and kill him quickly.

PS: Axel is kicking my ass, well, the fire in the ground is. I need a few more trys, maybe tomorrow xD

Yes. I actually saw that happen and was stunned.
Does the game mention that Jack dying means game over?

Wow so dumb. Game makes no mention of this and it doesn't even make sense storywise considering
He become immortal right before the fight
even weirder I think this is the only boss that this happens with.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It makes no sense. Throughout the rest of the game, the only one in danger of dying is Sora. Donald, Goofy, and the other guests just get stunned for a brief period (or if you heal them). There are other game overs like timed battles or protection battles, but at least those give clear direction.

botty

Banned
What the hell?

Well, magic really destroys him, so spam thunder and kill him quickly.

PS: Axel is kicking my ass, well, the fire in the ground is. I need a few more trys, maybe tomorrow xD

abuse finishers on him. Axel will jump in the walls after most finishers, which leaves him open to the reaction.

God I hate the gummi ship, such bullshit.

On the F zero stage now, how the hell are you supposse to get past that x shaped shit towards the end? It's attacks are unblockable and take up the whole stage?

Afrocious

God I hate the gummi ship, such bullshit.

On the F zero stage now, how the hell are you supposse to get past that x shaped shit towards the end? It's attacks are unblockable and take up the whole stage?

You must not be using a donut ship.

Donut ships break the gummi ship modes to the point where it's hilarious.

You must not be using a donut ship.

Donut ships break the gummi ship modes to the point where it's hilarious.

What's that? I hate the gummi ship levels so never pay them much mind. IN KH1 I beat the whole thing using the first one you get, and here I'm just picking random ones at the select screen. I beat the game the level though, how? IDK.

Donut ships are ships with giant holes in them, these things make the enemies miss all their shots and it makes gummi mission a cakewalk.

Cool thanks. Man one thing I do miss about critical was all the AP you got, I'm really hurting right now. What are you guys' thoughts on Retaliating slash, Dodge slash, Aeriel Dive, and Aeriel Sweep? I have them equipped but I don't think I've ever seen them used.

I was checking my trophy list and noticed that I had several trophies in BBS, which I haven't even played, it kinda freaked me out lol.

Then I discovered my brother was playing the game when I was at work, he actually finished the game with Aqua in Critical Mode, he doesn't even play games so it's kinda weird that he just randomly did that, he doesn't even understand the story of KH at all haha.

Now here am I trying to explain him the whole series.

sn00zer

The animation during cutscenes is insanely good, cant imagine what KH3 will look like. Animators gunna be working some serious overtime

Top Bottom