• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts New Title to be Announced at E3

Status
Not open for further replies.
duckroll said:
I guess part of my confusion is: do you consider BbS to be a way of getting on with it? Because it's a completely original story, with brand new worlds, villains, etc. While CoM and 358 Days were "reused content" spin offs, BbS is a prequel that is a completely original game - much like MGS3 was.

If you do consider that BbS is "acceptable" as the next KH game, then I don't see why you would complain about 2 new projects, when one of them is by the team that made BbS. Without any announcement being made, there is no way to tell if it will be a spin off, or if it will be a new entry in the KH series proper. Nomura considers BbS a full entry. There could well be another full entry before a "KH3".
I guess it's more of a me problem because I don't own a PSP, and can't really get excited about BBS.

The BBS team is making another KH? Hm.

One side project between BBS and hypothetical KH console game would be alright. Two just seems excessive. If ReCoded is a PSP port and one of those two projects, then that's fine.

duckroll

I personally believe there's a better chance that if there is a Re:Coded game, it will be either on the DS or the PSP. An existing platform. I think that it is much more likely that Team Osaka's next game is on a new platform, and if the 3DS is as powerful as rumored, that could well be it.

duckroll said:
I personally believe there's a better chance that if there is a Re:Coded game, it will be either on the DS or the PSP. An existing platform. I think that it is much more likely that Team Osaka's next game is on a new platform, and if the 3DS is as powerful as rumored, that could well be it.

Hmm...I guess that depends on whether Nomura considers Recoded (if it really is a Coded remake) one of the two new KH games before KH3. Personally I don't but who knows...

duckroll

Bel Marduk said:
Hmm...I guess that depends on whether Nomura considers Recoded (if it really is a Coded remake) one of the two new KH games before KH3. Personally I don't but who knows...

Erm, what are you talking about? Nomura was specifically asked by Game Informer about the 2 KH projects he mentioned previously. He said one of them would be announced at E3, and it is something they've been working on with western fans in mind. This is what is speculated to be Re:Coded. If you accept that Re:Coded exists, then you accept that it is one of the two projects.

syoaran

Bel Marduk said:
Not at all. It did well in Japan and in NPD. KH isn't all that huge in EU though.

Edit: It sold 540k in JP, 750k in NA, and 200k in EU according to SE's last financial report.

I think those are shipped, not sold, which would explain why it appears a lot of places in the EU had overstock.

And yeah, sorry - I should of been more specific about this point. Since it was mentioned before it was meant to be a more Western focused release, I didn't really take into account JPN's financial figures for the series, which I know does really well.

Pai Pai Master said:
Didn't they already say they were porting/remaking Coded for PSP? Or am I just crazy and thinking of something else.
They already did the same thing with Parasite Eve 3. It's really not much of a stretch.

Wazzim said:
For the american fans? What about Europe D:

What is this Yu - Rop you speak of?

The thing about KH is that out of my favourite original characters, all of them wear nearly identical clothing, and barely appear in more than a single game each.

Takao

Banned
Let me guess, Re:Coded on DSiWare, and PSN for PSP. In Japan it'll get a retail release (probably with the Western edition of Birth By Sleep for a Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Final Mix Squared, or something).

-Oath said:
Yeeeeeah.
BBS proved Im growing bored of the series.
Give me III and be done with it.

But BBS is supposed to be the best game in the series... :(

-Oath

Takao said:
But BBS is supposed to be the best game in the series... :(
Unless your a complete KH whore I dont recommend starting the game thinking that.
You will be disappoint.

duckroll

DevilWillcry said:
The Third Birthday was originally for mobile phones only if I recall. Now it's on PSP, so I figure it's not much of a stretch for SE to bring the KH mobile game to the PSP as well.

The Third Birthday was never released as a mobile phone game. Neither was Agito. Both were planned as high end phone games, which got canned with Wada felt that wasting high production value resources on mobile games was a waste of money, so they turned into PSP retail games instead.

Very different situation. In comparison, FFIV The After was actually released as an episodic mobile phone game, and subsequently ported to WiiWare.

Aesthet1c

CryptiK said:
Enough with the fucking shitty Spin off's I want Kingdom Hearts 3 NOW!

Agreed. I popped into this thread hoping for rumors of a KH3 announcement. I haven't liked the spin off's nearly as much as I like the main series, and hearing that this game won't be coming to HD console's makes me even less excited.

I love the KH games because of the Disney worlds, characters, and music. The plot is lighthearted, which I love. Gameplay is actually last on my list when it comes to the series. :lol

Takao

Banned
-Oath said:
Unless your a complete KH whore I dont recommend starting the game thinking that.
You will be disappoint.

The only KH game I don't own that's been released in English are the GBA release of CoM (I have the PS2 remake though) and the apparently crappy DS game. I'll be fine I suppose.

shuyin_

Banned
In an earlier interview, Nomura said they have 2 new KH games in the works (different than KH3). He also said one of the two will be released in 2010 while the other one will be released in 2011 and will have multiple characters.

So basically, KH Recoded (probably a port or remake of KH: Coded) will be the one released in 2010.
Doing something for the western audience could also mean they're willing to bring Coded (which is exclusive to Japanese cellphones) over. So the E3 game is probably Recoded and it'll be released this year.

Since he also said none of these two games will be for consoles or iphones, that only leaves handhelds. So... will we get Recoded for DS..or for PSP?

Looking forward to this. Kingdom Hearts has always been a series I was interested in, but never got around to playing. Hopefully this gen I will be able to dive in.

duckroll

shuyin_ said:
In an earlier interview, Nomura said they have 2 new KH games in the works (different than KH3). He also said one of the two will be released in 2010 while the other one will be released in 2011 and will have multiple characters.

No, I believe this is a mistranslation. He said that one of them would be announced this year. He also said that he would like for there to be one KH game released every year, so fans will always have something to play without having to wait too long for the next game. So it is likely that he will announce the game at E3, and it will be released in 2011. The other game will not be announced this year, and will probably be announced only after the unannounced game is released.

yencid

You know kingdom hearts is my favorite game series but i just cant get hyped for this... its prob going to be ANOTHER spinoff :/

oh and BBS is the best in the series >.<

sciplore

I do not see a KH game coming to consoles this gen, It would be nice but if they make the games as awesome as BBS is supposedly then I have nothing against the handheld releases.

I do have a problem with a cell phone or iphone exclusive though since I will not be able to play them/it.

Spiegel

Eteric Rice said:
Would make sense if it were for the 3DS, considering a big RPG out of the gate would be a big boon for it.

In the interview Nomura hints that the next two KH games will be for platforms which have received a KH game in the past.

Re:Coded for DS and another mobile phone game are the most obvious choices.

duckroll said:
Erm, what are you talking about? Nomura was specifically asked by Game Informer about the 2 KH projects he mentioned previously. He said one of them would be announced at E3, and it is something they've been working on with western fans in mind. This is what is speculated to be Re:Coded. If you accept that Re:Coded exists, then you accept that it is one of the two projects.

Oh, the article worded it weird though...

McLovin

CryptiK said:
Enough with the fucking shitty Spin off's I want Kingdom Hearts 3 NOW!
Don't worry it will come eventually... you might not be into gaming when it comes out though... I'll probably break 30... hell I'll probably be in my mid 30s when its comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom