• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom hearts. Where to start ?

//DEVIL//

I recently found a cheap used copy of KH 1.5/2.5 on ps4 so I bought it . And I think there is another game called 2.8 ?

Anyway I want to try and explore the series. Should I start with 1 then 2 and then buy 2.8 ? Or I am doing it wrong ?

CompC

1.5+2.5 and 2.8 has all of the games in the series.

Play Kingdom Hearts 1 first, which is included in 1.5+2.5.

Acrylic7

Start and stop with KH1.
Its not the best in gameplay but the series shines the most from the charm of the first game. Its something special.
Everything afterwards is fucking nuts and no one understands how they fucked it up.

goldenpp72

Just play the games in the order that the collection has them.

Gotta agree, for how convoluted the series is, there is a nice stream lined way to play them now. Try that out and report back.

If you're determined to only play a few of them, the first 2, birth by sleep and dream drop are probably best.

NullKaze

1 -> CoM -> KH2 -> Days > BBS - > Coded -> 3D -> BackCover -> 0.2

1 may be hard to push through. Its controls are clunky and outdated.
CoM may feel extremely weird. Learn to use sleights or high level cards.
2 is sublime.
If you can, try and play Days. Its gameplay is pretty below average, but its script is top-notch, and it has the best lines of the series. (The movie doesn't have the greatest lines)
The rest are enjoyable enough.

Only play the mainline entries; read Wikis and Youtube the others. You have 90% of the content if you want to play through it all in 1.5 + 2.5.

xviper

a brief warning, KH 1 is fucking harder than all of souls series combined, so since you are new to the series, i suggest you play on Easy mode

jayjay275

a brief warning, KH 1 is fucking harder than all of souls series combined, so since you are new to the series, i suggest you play on Easy mode

Yeah Dark Souls III feels quite a walk in the park at the moment compared to some of the KH bosses. I've never played Dark Souls before now, and I'm rather surprised just how hard KH1 can be at times on Proud/Critical.

I'd recommend:

1 - chain of memories - 2 - 356/2 days - birth by sleep - coded - dream drop distance - 0.2

I'd suggest taking a break sometimes in between titles as the playable games are quite meaty.

//DEVIL//

Considering i never play anything higher than super easy, that is given. i am in for the story .

Gamegeneral

Do what I am doing.

I picked up the PS4 collection (1.5+2.5 remix or whatever it's called) for 25 bucks during the PS4 sale. Have nearly beaten KH1, which was (In addition to half of chain of memories) my entire association with the series.

Top Bottom