• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King's Quest Collection + eBay = Profit?

Vieo

I'm talking about the newly released collection. It seems to be in short supply through-out game retailers. I purchased a copy the week before last, but looking at GameStop's website, out of the 40 or so EBGames/Gamestops in my area, they're all sold out.

On average, they seem to be selling $10 - $15 above retail on eBay. There's only 17 up for auction right now. It seems the only guy who has caught onto this is some dude from Canada(maybe supplies are plentiful there?:D)

When I bought a copy last week, there were a ton on the shelf. If only I had known...

Oni Jazar

That's crazy. Especially since these collections are cheap crap. No manuals, paper sleeves, DOS BOX emulation. What an insult to the fans.

Baker

Banned
Either that or people don't know a new version was released. The old collection was going for over $100 when I checked last year.

Pretty much off topic, but I have a 50 gallon bag filled with 60+ pc games from the 80s and 90s. Is there any market for those or is just a suck it up and throw it away situation? I don't really have any urge to display pc game boxes like I do with console stuff.

Vieo

perplexcity said:
Either that or people don't know a new version was released. The old collection was going for over $100 when I checked last year.

Pretty much off topic, but I have a 50 gallon bag filled with 60+ pc games from the 80s and 90s. Is there any market for those or is just a suck it up and throw it away situation? I don't really have any urge to display pc game boxes like I do with console stuff.

Is there a market for that stuff? Well I don't know...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8264407459

Is there a market?

Financially, always. PM me though I wouldn't mind some if they're the right games.

Alternatively, trade them (better deal, imo) at a website like Gametz.com

I've been there for six years and it's great place. It sure as hell beats GAmestop trade in values, people there actually go by approximate (maybe a little less) market value. It's great to trade game for game. My user list there is : http://www.gametz.com/users/Sartori

Lists my games and stuff for trade. If this is somehow against the rules, just let me know and I'll edit it out.

Vieo

Kureishima said:
Is there a market?

Financially, always. PM me though I wouldn't mind some if they're the right games.

Alternatively, trade them (better deal, imo) at a website like Gametz.com

I've been there for six years and it's great place. It sure as hell beats GAmestop trade in values, people there actually go by approximate (maybe a little less) market value. It's great to trade game for game. My user list there is : http://www.gametz.com/users/Sartori

Lists my games and stuff for trade. If this is somehow against the rules, just let me know and I'll edit it out.

I don't think GameStop/EB allows PC game trade-ins any more.

Joe Molotov

perplexcity said:

I'll give you $30 for it.

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
A_Lee_N said:
They're for sale here in sweden.
Must be an import because I wrote VU Games Denmark and the response was that there currently are no plans to sell it in Europe. Also, you can't find it on Amazon UK etc.

PM me. I'd probably buy it from you.

Old adventure games = <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

I don't think the individuals are worth a particular amount of money (IE: QfG individuals worth little, collection maybe 100). But PQ may be different, either way, I'm interested. So PM! :p

Top Bottom