• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Sports FC 24 is the UK's second biggest retail launch of 2023 | UK Boxed Charts

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I’ve had very few soccer matches but I don’t know exactly soccer games are fun just saying.

Not underestimating BG3, but there is a possibility that Circana does not track its data just like GFK did not in EU and UK, which means BG3 doesn't show up on the charts at all even if it were topping it.

Hogwart's may be there. Madden and MK1 as well. But even in that case, Starfield might be around #4?

FFXVI - 'Story'

If Starfield performs well in the yearly chart (top 3-5 spots), then it actually means something.

Fourth place for Xbox's biggest 1P drop since Halo Infinite is still pretty bad in terms of optics IMO, and at this point placing #4 is the better-case scenario for Starfield.

Outside of PC when more substantial/content-rich mods start rolling in (and price drops occur when pushing the game for discount sales), I don't think Starfield is going to have much in the way of legs. Lifetime through 2026 might not even get to 10 million, and it could be a few million less than that.

I'd like to know what the refund situation looks like.

UK physical sale:

-Starfield ~20K

FC24 ~154K
-PS5 ~83K
-XBS ~31K
-PS4 ~26K
-NSW ~14K

Starfield:

the-simpsons-stop.gif

Strongly doubting it'll be much better (relatively speaking) for NPD/Circana September. This game got decimated.

Last edited:
Do you guys think EA is the biggest videogames publisher in the world these days?

Nope. That's probably Take-Two, if we're talking in totality.

Of recent? Probably ABK. Also, it might depend on if we're talking strictly games sold on a B2P model, or including F2P games that are only available digitally and don't get "published" in the traditional sense.

Because in that case, Epic, Tencent, & MiHoYo are probably frontrunners.

Top Bottom