• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KINGSGLAIVE: FINAL FANTASY XV Trailer Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trailer didn't have a word of dialogue. It's a Square Enix/Sony CG. I know it's going to look amazing. What I don't know is whether I'll be able to stand the characters - or lack thereof - for an hour and a half. I can almost guarantee I won't be able to.

Probably still get it, so maybe they know their market.

Samimista

I think it's safe to say it looks really bad, lol.

Definitely, lol.

I am looking forward to seeing the full wedding dress, though. I always envied the FF girls with their dresses. I'd love to wear Garnet's dress if I ever get married.

HYPE.

Loved Spirits Within, excited for FFXV, ready for this movie.

Does this take place before or after the events of the game though? Where does it fall in the timeline?

Samimista

HYPE.

Loved Spirits Within, excited for FFXV, ready for this movie.

Does this take place before or after the events of the game though? Where does it fall in the timeline?

It takes place during the invasion of Lucis when Noctis and his friends are on a roadtrip. So, early on in the game, I think.

wmlk

Definitely, lol.

I am looking forward to seeing the full wedding dress, though. I always envied the FF girls with their dresses. I'd love to wear Garnet's dress if I ever get married.

Yeah, hearing this theme gave me a feeling of some romance. Looking forward to seeing when it's played and if it's connected to the wedding.

JunkoEve

Is this real or Photoshopped?

Dunno, I took it directly from the novacrystallis twitter.

To be fair, it's been photoshopped whether it's come from SE or a fan.

I did not photoshop anything.

I was wondering because it looks like 2013's E3 Stella slapped with Luna's hair.

I figured it was fanmade, honestly.

At first glance, I thought it was Stella and jumped off my chair, then, well....Luna it is.....

Bennettt2

just noticed at the end of the first Kingsglaive trailer where Nyx is pummeling the machine knight against the roof, it sounds like Aaron Paul screaming. There was voice acting in it after all...

Synless

Skipping out on the collector's edition in favor of an individual Bluray release. Hopefully it's out before the game so I can watch it before I start playing.
Does the collectors and deluxe edition not come with a physical copy of the movie?

dunno. why so much text instead of letting the trailer show us what's going on? Too many glittering bits of stuff floating. all you're really getting is a room full of people and some sorta esper?

Liquid_015

Gold Member
Does the collectors and deluxe edition not come with a physical copy of the movie?

The deluxe edition comes with a digital copy of the film I believe, meanwhile, the ultimate collector's edition comes with a physical copy. You can also consider the Kingsglaive edition which comes with a physical copy of the anime, the film and game.

JayEH

The deluxe edition comes with a digital copy of the film I believe, meanwhile, the ultimate collector's edition comes with a physical copy. You can also consider the Kingsglaive edition which comes with a physical copy of the anime, the film and game.

The deluxe comes with a blu ray.

New Kingsglaive scans out on twitter.

Movie Lunafreya looks so pretty <3

Crowe is great too, although her clothes look like they would have fit a video game better than a movie.

Drautos is like a Western version of Genesis from Compilation of FFVII, lol

New Kingsglaive scans out on twitter.

Brotherhood scans as well.

Can't wait for people's reactions when characters from the movie aren't in the game.
U0RoVrm.gif

wmlk

I mean, I see people really disliking this because people look white, which in some ways is equally bullshit.

Voror

So the events of the movie aren't going to be depicted in the game in any fashion? Had a friend insisting it didn't make any sense for us not to see the invasion in game, but based on what I'd heard that seemed to be case.

So the events of the movie aren't going to be depicted in the game in any fashion? Had a friend insisting it didn't make any sense for us not to see the invasion in game, but based on what I'd heard that seemed to be case.

They are but the movie provides more context, you aren't missing out on anything if you don't see it but it's really cool to go indepth.

Voror

They are but the movie provides more context, you aren't missing out on anything if you don't see it but it's really cool to go indepth.

Ah okay. I was wondering myself since Noctis and co. aren't there when it happens so I was wondering if there was just going to be some long cutscene explaining it all.

K.N.W.

I came into this thread excited, thinking that some obscure site named "Kingslaive" had leaked a new final fantasy xv trailer.

I feel like the cast look like all very generic white people. Not really a fan.
Nomura's designs tend to have a more Asian facial structure.

Fantasy based reality. And FFXV is focusing on a modern western aesthetic more than Versus, which focused on modern Japan.
It was probably a decision made from the top heads that agree it would sell more based on that. It's more catered to a western audience and for a good reason.

Famassu

I mean, I see people really disliking this because people look white, which in some ways is equally bullshit.
It's not really BS. It's understandable people are annoyed when even companies from totally different cultures like SQEX - who've previously been fairly good with offering unique characters/character designs that appeal to a lot of people around the world - feel the need to pander to western bigoted design sensibilities by making everyone appear white & Caucasian, even characters who aren't that way in the game.

Go_Ly_Dow

I mean ideally I would like something closer to how it actually is in the game, but its not drastic enough to peeve me of that much.

Not only do you see the Amano painting from Versus in the scans, but it looks like Luna and Nyx are recreating the party scene between Nocto and Stella.

Liquid_015

Gold Member
I find it quite weird how Noctis and his crew are the only people in the entire Lucis Kingdom that dons a modern outfit, whereas, in the Kingsglaive trailers the soldiers all look like a mix between modern and medieval armor. It's almost like FFXV has an identity crisis - hence the change in Regis's design. At the same time, you could say that until I have played the game and seen the film I could render a more fair judgement.

Famassu

I find it quite weird how Noctis and his crew are the only people in the entire Lucis Kingdom that dons a modern outfit, whereas, in the Kingsglaive trailers the soldiers all look like a mix between modern and medieval armor. It's almost like FFXV has an identity crisis - hence the change in Regis's design. At the same time, you could say that until I have played the game and seen the film I could render a more fair judgement.
We've mostly only seen special characters & soldiers. Regis is the king and dresses up in what looks like a ceremonial king's outfit (though we've also seen him in a more plain suit in FFXV the game). Luna is also in Lucis on a special occasion, so it's not weird that she'd dress up more formally. The new characters in Kingsglaive are all a part of a special task force or soldiers so judging what "everyone else wears in Lucis" based on that is like judging modern fashion in the real world by what SWAT people wear.

As far as the main characters of FFXV go, Noctis is a prince who is deliberately dressing in a very un-prince like casual modern attire because he doesn't particularly care about the traditions & expectations of being in such a position in the society. Prompto is not any kind of royalty so he dresses up like a (stylized) street punk. Ignis is the only one who has more formal clothes. There's no justification for Gladio's hideous clothes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom