• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kino's Journey Light Novels Get New TV Anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-03-12/kino-journey-light-novels-get-new-tv-anime/.113323

A stage event at the Dengeki Game Festival 2017 event in Tokyo revealed on Sunday that Keiichi Sigsawa's Kino no Tabi - the Beautiful World (Kino's Journey) light novel series is getting a new television anime project.

The new anime will star Aoi Yūki as Kino and Sōma Saitō as Hermes. Previous anime adaptations starred Ai Maeda as Kino and Ryuji Aigase as Hermes.

Tokyopop published the beginning of the original novel series in North America. ADV Films released the television anime adaptation. Sentai Filmworks will rerelease the anime on DVD on June 6.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Is this based on different or newer stories... different from the previous animes... or is it a reboot? I found the previous anime series very special. I'm not going to say I had a good time while watching it but I appreciated them for how fucked up some of the messages were.

Just to get this out of my chest: Kino (yes, the lady MC) is bat-shit insane correct? This is something the viewer is supposed to be aware of right? I understand you're a traveler and all but is her super hero power supposed to be not forming emotional attachment to anything?!

EVOL 100%

I'd be more down for this if the quality of the novels didn't take a nose dip and the writer didn't come out as a far right asshole

Kite

Huh this is random, I watched the anime back in the day and remember it being slow, very episodic and mostly interesting. Another anime I remember watching around that time, Full Metal Panic, is also being remade so.. random mid tier anime from 10+ years getting new adaptations yay?

Huh this is random, I watched the anime back in the day and remember it being slow, very episodic and mostly interesting. Another anime I remember watching around that time, Full Metal Panic, is also being remade so.. random mid tier anime from 10+ years getting new adaptations yay?
On that note im expecting a Witch Hunter Robin reboot anyday now

Joyful

v3NiqfO.gif

highly recommend the og anime for those who havent seen it

microfolk

I'd be more down for this if the quality of the novels didn't take a nose dip and the writer didn't come out as a far right asshole

Wow really? Would you like to elaborate a little bit more into this?
I loved the original anime so much, I'm really interested into this new series but knowing the author holds far right views would be quite a bummer :(

EVOL 100%

Wow really? Would you like to elaborate a little bit more into this?
I loved the original anime so much, I'm really interested into this new series but knowing the author holds far right views would be quite a bummer :(
Other than advocating the Yasukuni Shrine, he also dumped a lot of anti Korean and Chinese drivel in one of the volumes of Gakuen Kino, and has repeatedly tweeted far right sentiments.

One of those would be damning, but he's the gft that keeps giving.

Even when taking all of this out of the picture, I still wouldn't be hyped at all anyway. The art and writing which had a fairytale aesthetic with universal appeal had been replaced by run of the mill animu bullshit, and the director of the original series who elevated the anime series into god tier has sadly passed away.

Ultimate_Egoist

Neo Member
Neat. Kino's Journey is my second favorite "therapy" anime after Mushishi. Now we only need that Seirei no Moribito continuation and I can die a happy man.

Nudull

Banned
Other than advocating the Yasukuni Shrine, he also dumped a lot of anti Korean and Chinese drivel in one of the volumes of Gakuen Kino, and has repeatedly tweeted far right sentiments.

Even when taking all of this out of the picture, I still wouldn't be hyped at all anyway. The art and writing which had a fairytale aesthetic with universal appeal had been replaced by run of the mill animu bullshit, and the director of the original series who elevated the anime series into god tier has sadly passed away.

What the shit? Well fuck, this is awful to hear.

Just to get this out of my chest: Kino (yes, the lady MC) is bat-shit insane correct? This is something the viewer is supposed to be aware of right? I understand you're a traveler and all but is her super hero power supposed to be not forming emotional attachment to anything?!

...No? At least I didn't take it that way at all.

I didn't even know that we knew the author's actual name. This ia dishearthening to hear

TehOh

Yes! This is awesome. I *love* the original anime and the one light novel they translated into English. Always wished they had translated the rest. Such a good series.

Clov

This is great news and all, but will it really be the same without the director? He passed away years ago.

Seiryoden

Wonderful news. I love the light novels and the original series so this has made me very happy. "All The Way" remains my favourite anime opening song after all this time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom