• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Reveals Marvel Future Avengers TV Anime, Manga Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link.

Marvel announced on Monday that it is creating a new television anime series titled Marvel Future Avengers. The new series will air on the BS (broadcast satellite) channel Dlife this summer, and will be intended for a young male audience.

marvel-future-avengerc0uii.jpg

The anime will follow Makoto, a young boy who gains superpowers due to an evil gene manipulation experiment. Makoto and other youths join the Avengers as apprentices named "Future Avengers." The anime will show Makoto and others as they train, fight villains and grow, under Avengers members Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, Thor, and Wasp.

marvel-future-avenger57u2p.jpg

Additionally, Teruaki Mizuno (Kyōryū Taisen Dinobout, Metallica Metalluca) is drawing a manga version that will debut in Shogakukan's Bessatsu Coro Coro Comics Special magazine's April issue, which ships on Tuesday.

Marvel previously teamed up with Madhouse to create the Iron Man, Wolverine, X-Men, and Blade television anime series. All four series aired on the G4 television channel in the United States, and Sony Pictures Home Entertainment released all four series on DVD in North America in 2012.

Marvel and Madhouse also created the Iron Man: Rise of Technovore film in 2013, and the Avengers Confidential: Black Widow & Punisher film in 2014.

Marvel and Toei Animation most recently collaborated on the Marvel Disk Wars: The Avengers television anime series, which premiered in Japan in April 2014.

Toei also collaborated with Marvel on the 1978-79 live-action special-effects (tokusatsu) version of Spider-Man. Kodansha published Ryoichi Ikegami's manga re-imagining of Spider-Man in Monthly Shonen Magazine, while Marvel itself created the Mangaverse comic project.

Mediking

Even if I was a younger kid... I'd still think this would be trash.

Good luck though. Hopefully this isn't trash.

Marvel previously teamed up with Madhouse to create the Iron Man, Wolverine, X-Men, and Blade television anime series. All four series aired on the G4 television channel in the United States, and Sony Pictures Home Entertainment released all four series on DVD in North America in 2012.

Marvel and Madhouse also created the Iron Man: Rise of Technovore film in 2013, and the Avengers Confidential: Black Widow & Punisher film in 2014.

Well, there's certainly nowhere to go but up after these atrocities.

I do like that second pic a lot, Cap looks goofy as hell but in a good way.

Meia

Marvel trying to break into that My Hero Academia....money.....?

I'm confused by this thing I'm seeing.

Nephtis

Oh god it's gonna be a trash anime isn't it

Just like the previous Wolverine and Iron Man animes were. And they started out so fantastic too *cries*

Instro

It's ok, duckroll will watch this so we don't have to. It's in his contract.

Well, there's certainly nowhere to go but up after these atrocities.

I do like that second pic a lot, Cap looks goofy as hell but in a good way.

The X-Men one was decent enough. Wouldn't touch the rest though.

Could have made a show based off of the avengers academy video game, missed opportunity if you ask me, I probably won't be checking for this. But will probably pop it on one day in the future, when it's on Netflix and I have insomnia at 3:15 am

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Marvel should just do some mash up/cross over comics. I'd love to see the Jojo's out smarting Tony Stark in his Stand Buster armor.

Penguin

Ha I feel the way folks feel with DCEU when it comes to Marvel animation, I wanna be excited for their projects... but it has just been a recent string of disappointments.

And looking at their past anime-esque projects in OP....

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Every previous anime Marvel stuff sucked, and this seems even worse.

They should either commit to the anime "style" and just do a standard by-the-books Marvel show (not "Avengers, but with a generic shounen protagonist!"), or make basically a normal cartoon with anime-style animation (not that I'm sure that can be good either; just bring back Spectacular Spider-Man plz).

Ha I feel the way folks feel with DCEU when it comes to Marvel animation, I wanna be excited for their projects... but it has just been a recent string of disappointments.

And looking at their past anime-esque projects in OP....
Gotta lower your expectations for lots of Marvel Animated projects. :p

I'm still in love with that Storm design...

Hubba hubba.

Not sure what I think about this new Avengers anime. The disc one was "interesting" to say the least.

I actually really loved the designs in the Xmen anime, but this...

The anime will follow Makoto, a young boy who gains superpowers due to an evil gene manipulation experiment.

I already know will be trash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom