• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby: Planet Robobot |OT| A Transformative Mechstravaganza

Does this game have any issues running on the regular 3ds xl, not the newer version? Looking to pick up a new game for a trip I have coming up

Revven

Just picked up my copy, not sure when I'll play though. I might not start it until sometime next week, maybe during E3 downtimes lol.

Just finished world one, really enjoying so far! It's a shame about the frame rate dips on 3D mode on new 3DS, though - I loved playing Triple Deluxe in 3D at a rock-solid frame rate.

Velcro Fly

Just finished world one, really enjoying so far! It's a shame about the frame rate dips on 3D mode on new 3DS, though - I loved playing Triple Deluxe in 3D at a rock-solid frame rate.

Yeah I noticed that too

Just finished 1-3

Game might be my favorite so far this year on 3DS and that is saying something

Riding a mech feels so good. Way better than hypernova from Triple Deluxe.

Velcro Fly

First world boss spoilers

Random boss at the end of 1-3 was pretty cool

Clanky Woods leaking the oil tear out of his eye what a cool thing!

World 1 down. Game is an absolute joy to play.

Can you actually kill the
tree boss when it randomly shows up in 1-1?
I'm assuming you cannot.

I guess I should keep my Mario Amiibo on hand for the cannons and fuses. I almost never use Fire unless I need it for those.

Velcro Fly

Can you actually kill the
tree boss when it randomly shows up in 1-1?
I'm assuming you cannot.

I guess I should keep my Mario Amiibo on hand for the cannons and fuses. I almost never use Fire unless I need it for those.

You can and that is how you get the gold sticker for that level

The game has been nice enough to give me two different Coo stickers by the end of World 2, my mech customisation may as well be complete.
Though I wont say no to Nago the fat cat on one side.

Dat second world omg

Just as how RTDL masterfully reinvented Stone and Ninja, I'm impressed at what they've done with Jet and Mirror. Doctor is easily my favorite of the new Copy Abilities. I thought it would be PSI, but I'm a little disappointed it's hardly more than a retooled PK Flash. Still cool though.

Anyone else catch the unexpected remixes thus far? Hoping there's more!

On a further note, I'm surprised that I couldn't recognize
two of the ripped music cameos in 2-6.

Berordn

Dat second world omg

Just as how RTDL masterfully reinvented Stone and Ninja, I'm impressed at what they've done with Jet and Mirror. Doctor is easily my favorite of the new Copy Abilities. I thought it would be PSI, but I'm a little disappointed it's hardly more than a retooled PK Flash. Still cool though.

Anyone else catch the unexpected remixes thus far? Hoping there's more!

On a further note, I'm surprised that I couldn't recognize
two of the ripped music cameos in 2-6.

I'm actually a little surprised they didn't do more with Mirror. The two new moves are nice but not a huge change over its original capabilities.

On the other hand it's Mirror, so it's not like it needed much help.

For 2-6, at least one of the tracks is Kawasaki's theme from the unlocalized Super Star Stacker so that probably doesn't help (though I already forgot what the other two). Kinda surprised me when I heard it, they don't usually reference it outside of Masked Dedede's theme.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This game is so, so good. I absolutely adored Triple Deluxe, but so far this is better.

For 2-6, at least one of the tracks is Kawasaki's theme from the unlocalized Super Star Stacker so that probably doesn't help (though I already forgot what the other two).

I was wondering if that was the case! There was actually three more: one from Canvas Curse, another from 64, and another one that sounded SNES-like.

Man, I can't wait to see what else they'll pull from...

Kinda surprised me when I heard it, they don't usually reference it outside of Masked Dedede's theme.

wait what

StingX2

I've been having a lot more fun with this game than Triple Deluxe. The mech gimmick is great as it reminds me of the excitement of combining powers with animals from earlier kirby games. The rainbow power in Triple Deluxe was a chore, and very rarely fun.

Kind of odd to say but I really love the cinematic feel of this game. They really experimented with camera angles and swooping shots to give things an impressive sense of scale or to make the fights more exciting. Really, really neat, sets it apart from other Kirby games.

Kind of odd to say but I really love the cinematic feel of this game. They really experimented with camera angles and swooping shots to give things an impressive sense of scale or to make the fights more exciting. Really, really neat, sets it apart from other Kirby games.

Yeah, one of the stages (1-4 maybe?) starts with an interesting, dramatic camera angle that I really enjoyed. It's at 1h 10mins 45 secs of this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imb-PtPPuYQ

Kinsei

Banned
So I've just beaten the first world and if the quality keeps up then this will dethrone Triple Deluxe as my favorite Kirby game.

They really hide the Smash Bros ability really well, huh? It was a total fluke that I managed to find it in 1-4.

They made Mirror (My favorite ability) even better! The spark ability is actually fun to use now! Doctor is kinda meh. Not awful or anything, but it's not one that I'll switch abilities for.

The robobot armor is really fun to use. I really hope 1-6 is indicative of how they'll use it in the future. Those puzzles were really fun, albeit pretty easy (this is Kirby after all).

One big problem I had with Triple Deluxe is that it didn't tell you which levels the rare keychains your were missing were in. Thankfully Planet Robobot fixes that issue with the stickers.

I also platinumed the first level of the two subgames. The 3D one is pretty fun, albeit a bit too simple. Team Kirby Clash is kinda dull. It would be a lot better if it was actual bosses instead of mini bosses.

I was going to wait a few more days before getting this game due to Best Buy having technical difficulties with issuing certificates, but my weak will tells me to just grab it from the eShop anyway despite the discounts

That and having Reggie in Mii Plaza allowed me to place the last puzzle piece for the game's image. I took it as a sign.

I'm playing on a new and had just a bit of slowdown already on level 1.

Darn. I guess it's because the developers used the same engine as the other game and added stuff that it wasn't made to do. By all accounts it's still a good game, so I'm still going to try and buy it tomorrow.

Yeah, this game is way more amazing than I expected, and I actually had high expectations, lol.

Kirby games are always super energetic and make you feel powerful, but this game ups the ante very, very much. The mech suit in this game is absolutely crazy. In addition, I only beat the first world, but the bosses (that's plural!) are even bigger and better.

The camera angles are also dynamic, which is nice. Plus, the music is also amazing in this game, it's probably my favorite Kirby soundtrack-wise.

Kirby is an interesting game that's generally easy, but the fun comes from trying out all the powers. But today I realized that the fun also comes from just the general feeling of being an all powerful BAMF that can destroy everything on sight.

(Also echoing frame rate drops on New 3DS in 3D. Luckily I'm not susceptible to them, but it's definitely prevalent, even on the world map.)

Played up until 3-4. Great, great game so far. If it keeps it up I can definitely see it as my second favorite behind Super Star.

And yeah, definitely frame drops when a ton of stuff is blowing up with the mech in 3D. Doesnt bother me too much, I'll let a few frames slide to lay waste to things with a giant ass flamethrower. :p

Kinsei

Banned
WVW69jSTr-US9tDUWc

I finished all of the 3d Rumble stages! It's a shame there is only three of them cause they are fun.

Top Bottom