• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby's Epic Yarn - New Trailer

ivysaur12

Banned
The intro was great, thanks Nintendo :lol

If I didn't have to so much work the next few months, I'd totally be on board for Day 1.

Watching the trailer again, Kirby is especially nefarious. The Waddle Dees don't even injure Kirby when he touches them, yet he massacres them anyway.

BLagiver

Banned
It looks good but I like Kirby superstar game-play more. Hopefully this game will be long and tough enough for me to buy it day 1.

zigg

Freezie KO said:
Only in America.

He seems to have worked through them now, though, between this box and Super Star Ultra.

P.S. you people hoping this game will be hard are delusional. Just sayin'

JakeK812

Neo Member
I love Kirby games, but unfortunately I just can't get too excited for this one. I love the art style and all, but the two staple attributes that make a Kirby game aren't in this. There's no infinite jump and you can't inhale enemies to gain their powers. Every time I see screenshots or footage of this game I just see an empty shell of what Kirby is supposed to be.

zigg

Cow Mengde said:
Kirby's Dream Course was hard. It's not just a hard Kirby game, it's just freakin' hard.

Dream Course isn't really a Kirby game though.

JakeK812 said:
I love Kirby games, but unfortunately I just can't get too excited for this one. I love the art style and all, but the two staple attributes that make a Kirby game aren't in this. There's no infinite jump and you can't inhale enemies to gain their powers. Every time I see screenshots or footage of this game I just see an empty shell of what Kirby is supposed to be.

Canvas Curse didn't have the float move and it was pretty fucking fantastic. Of course, that wasn't a "real" Kirby game either, but it was a lot close than Dream Course.

Also, I've been playing Dream Land—which predated the copy move—and that game really has a lot going for it in the feel department.

JakeK812 said:

Do you realise that "traditonal" Kirby is without a doubt the most powerful and pretty much the most badass videogame hero of all time? Elite-soldier and one man army for all tactical purposes? In my oppinion he was to powerful to remain as he was

Maybe this is also a reason why they took the yarn-look; as an excuse for having exclude his know and feard attributes.

Top Bottom