• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kmart has new 3DS XL for $100 and PS4 for $200, you can try Pricematch, YMMV

People are going in with a URL for a dead page and hoping the workers don't think to actually look into it. It's a scam.

The straightforward question is...will you honor my scam link?

Url is live.

Kmart had store pickup also at one point.

People can use the word "no".

Aselith

Url is live.

Kmart had store pickup also at one point.

People can use the word "no".

OK go do a search for PS4 console on Kmart's site. Comes right up right?

It's a page that you can't interact with in any way without the illusion being shattered. That's not a live URL.

irvinscastle

Neo Member
OK go do a search for PS4 console on Kmart's site. Comes right up right?

It's a page that you can't interact with in any way without the illusion being shattered. That's not a live URL.

LOL

you can navigate out of it and into kmarts mobile store only thing you can't do is add to cart but that's because its out of stock

B33

Banned
If anyone has a New 3DS XL that they got with the price match they're willing to part with, send me a direct message. I'd be willing to pay a bit more than what you spent in order to cover the shipping, packaging, etc.

If anyone has a New 3DS XL that they got with the price match they're willing to part with, send me a direct message. I'd be willing to pay a bit more than what you spent in order to cover the shipping, packaging, etc.

ditto this except with the ps4, although I doubt anyone who did this would be willing haha

NeoUltima

Gotta hand it to K-Mart for keeping this up for as long as they did. They had to have known about it. Cost their competitors, with the aid of employees not following price match policies, a lot of money. Every PS4 matched was pretty much $200 lost.

Kibbles

Duck I was just gonna try and get a 3ds after work. Oh well guess I'll save out the money it would've cost to get a ds and some games

About 4 days of going to stores and chating online. I live in Southern California if that makes any difference.

Of course not. I work and have a life

QbadP.png

BHK3

Banned
Grats to all that got the PS4's, I put about 2 days in of calling plenty of stores and trying everyone online in chats and emails as well. At least it gave me something to do until black friday.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
RIP in peace.

I got a 3DS to replace my launch unit on my first try, which was all I really wanted. Briefly considered trying for the PS4, but even if I was lucky enough to get one, it just would've led me down a rabbit hole of upgrading my entire setup that I really can't afford right now.

Gotta hand it to K-Mart for keeping this up for as long as they did. They had to have known about it. Cost their competitors, with the aid of employees not following price match policies, a lot of money. Every PS4 matched was pretty much $200 lost.
Some stores just want to watch the world burn.

Just noticed that my new 3ds xl that I got price matched at Walmart has a stuck pixel on topnscreen. Only shows up on the screen is completely black. I am afraid of exchanging st Walmart since I paid only 100 bucks and I would need a manager to come and exchange and reduce the price again, which can be a nightmare. Sending to nintendo is another option, but it seems they do not fix, they send another, and it might be better or worse, or even refurbished/used. I guess I have to stick with it, maybe it will go away

Aselith

Just noticed that my new 3ds xl that I got price matched at Walmart has a stuck pixel on topnscreen. Only shows up on the screen is completely black. I am afraid of exchanging st Walmart since I paid only 100 bucks and I would need a manager to come and exchange and reduce the price again, which can be a nightmare. Sending to nintendo is another option, but it seems they do not fix, they send another, and it might be better or worse, or even refurbished/used. I guess I have to stick with it, maybe it will go away

They already sold it to you. They have to exchange it if it's defective so it's not gonna matter what you paid.

womp

I had two on my top screen and I saw them as soon as I booted up on the 'choose a language' setup...glaring green...looked even worse with the 3D on. Since it was the last black model in the store (TRU) I couldn't exchange it, although I probably could have waited for some to come in before the return time frame ended. By the time the next day rolled around though, I said F it and just got a refund because I decided Eh, my regular XL was good enough.

Go exchange yours...it won't be YOUR nightmare, let them do their job.

womp

I am just afraid it might flag something, I Dont know.could they refuse to exchange since I paid that low? It required an override..

Pricematching has nothing to do with the normal return policy. Exchange it. All they are doing is scanning the new item and reprinting a new receipt based off your original purchase.

Why are you even discussing this still? Go get your exchange! :)

HUELEN10

Still meh about my purchase and critical, but honestly not regretting it, BUT I did manage to get a second unit today!

Again, Walmart. I showed them my receipt for the original, and THEN the kmart thing, and an hour later, I walked out for 214 USD.

And worry not, it's being shipped to a GAFer.
For transparency's sake, I can confirm that that unit made it to them today! Unfortunately, I could find no more units, but it was fun while it lasted.

Top Bottom