• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Koizumi / Hayashida interview: No Mario 3D World DLC, will reveal next project soon

radcliff

EAD Tokyo 2 worked with 1up Studios (formerly Brownie Brown) on 3D Land, and now 1up has been absorbed into EAD Tokyo 2. EAD Tokyo 1 worked with Grezzo on Ocarina 3D. Has Grezzo been absorbed into EAD Tokyo 1? If so, between Grezzo and 1 Up Studios, EAD Tokyo would essentially have the original Seiken Densetsu developers, correct? Maybe they are working on an action/adventure/rpg?

Thankfully this never happened. Even OoT that bears similarities to ALttP's plot is different. There's more to the plot than what you collect at the end of a dungeon,
\Bad guy comes and throws the land into trouble, then turns out to be a puppet of Ganon. That's the plot of Twilight Princess and Skyward sword.
Koizumi Zelda's were awesome, what's the point of championing him if I didn't believe that?
[he wrote and directed Ocarina, Majora, Wind Waker, and Link's Awakening]

lo zaffo

I want Koizumi in charge of my dream One Piece game.

It would be great, but a bit unfeasible. Better let Oda work on Nintendo side in the shadows like he did (actually he didn't, but it is clear that Skyward Sword's art department is heavily influenced by him) with EAD 3 Zelda team. I think that Oda's art is, in its core, compatible with Nintendo's ones.

disco

Sorry for the bump but...

I was reading the NES Remix Wikipedia page and noticed Hayashida as director and Koizumi as producer. Was the 'next project' NES Remix?

watershed

Banned

I was reading the NES Remix Wikipedia page and noticed Hayashida as director and Koizumi as producer. Was the 'next project' NES Remix?

Its possible. Seems like it was an easy, short project that didn't take long.

Xun

Could very well be, but I'm sure this wasn't the only additional project they were working on.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
EAD Tokyo Group No.1 just released Nintendo 3DS Guide: Louvre. EAD Tokyo Group No.2 released Super Mario 3D World, Flipnote Studio 3D, and NES Remix.

But yeah, NES Remix was the secret game.

wsippel

Banned
I wonder is these guys would do a take on metroid....
Doubt it. Metroid is an SPD franchise. And while SPD sometimes produces EAD games because SPD also oversees all Western studios and collaborations, I don't think EAD ever worked on an SPD IP.

Oregano

I want Koizumi to oversee a Grezzo developed JRPG. I think the tone of the game would be amazing. Koizumi gets the whole "hidden darkness" thing that people love.

Village

I don't think a "dark" project like Metroid would be in their best interest. They'd be perfect for a Wind Waker style game though.

Some of the best people for light hearted stuff, and make dark content.

Not gonna impose to much upon you, but you shouldn't limit yourself like a that. Expand horizons, see new takes on things, things like that.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Doubt it. Metroid is an SPD franchise. And while SPD sometimes produces EAD games because SPD also oversees all Western studios and collaborations, I don't think EAD ever worked on an SPD IP.

I think that's partly changed already, and will definitely be addressed when this restructure finalizes. At least the production staffs, even planning, have been very intermingled the last two years. Obviously as a forced matter, since Nintendo needs to about double their art team as is.

OryoN

Wow @ all the people asking for more Mario, amidst all the 'Nintendo doesn't make new IPs' rhetoric. It's no wonder TW-101 got such a weak response from even core fans.

Mario is awesome, and, I too, want to see more of him in Wii U's future, but damn; where's the enthusiasm for all new projects, or even the return of ones we haven't seen in a long time? The last thing I want for a talented team, is for them to jump right back into the same franchise immediately after a release. It's like an imprisonment of talent.

Nags

Banned
Wow @ all the people asking for more Mario, amidst all the 'Nintendo doesn't make new IPs' rhetoric. It's no wonder TW-101 got such a weak response from even core fans.

Mario is awesome, and, I too, want to see more of him in Wii U's future, but damn; where's the enthusiasm for all new projects, or even the return of ones we haven't seen in a long time? The last thing I want for a talented team, is for them to jump right back into the same franchise immediately after a release. It's like an imprisonment of talent.

You walked into a necro thread and don't even know it yet.

Xun

DLC is so fitting for this game though =/

I'm mad that 3D land also never got any dlc.
It's a shame, but there's so much in the game that it doesn't bother me too much.

It has a lot of replay value for me.

It wouldn't surprise me if Nintendo were to release a separate Captain Toad eShop game though.

Top Bottom