• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima’s next game is Death Stranding 2, Codenamed “Ocean”

needs a source to debunk this rumor, even though I think its pretty obvious, this is untrue.

Death Stranding 2 is in development (and for some insiders to know I'm not bullshitting about this in the future, its internal codename is Ocean), but Kojima has had a long standing deal with Sony on this, which is being analyzed if Sony and Kojima Productions should renew their contracts after DS2 or not at present, but was never in question before this due to a multi-game contract Sony and Kojima Productions have. But Death Stranding 2 itself was always plotted to be with Sony. I'm not going to say a single actual thing about the game itself, not now or in the future, so don't ask even if people figure out later I'm 100% telling the truth about the codename and contract stuff. But any murmurs about a DS2 with anyone other than Sony is bullshit. The deal with Xbox was never meant to be DS2, this rumor is just false, Sony and Kojima Productions have a multi-game contract that expires after DS2 and at present is being decided by both parties whether to continue their relationship or end it after DS2, and that is the truth.

This was posted by Dusk Golem on Era.

FB4-B7683-CAFE-44-F7-A67-E-12-F968-F64873.jpg

yurinka

This was posted by Dusk Golem
Ok, so it has a 90% chances of being bullshit and only a fan guess.

We know Kojima is working on Death Stranding 2 because the main actor said it twice and Kojima basically almost confirmed it.

And we know Sony owns the Death Stranding brand, so obviously Death Stranding 2 was never going to be for Stadia or MS, period.

The game is on track to be the best selling Kojima game ever, was very well reviewed and the game that won more GOTYs of the year it was released. They did work together with DS Director's Cut. Kojima said to be happy with Death Stranding. Hermen said to be happy with Death Stranding. Makes sense they'll want to work together again.

No need to be an insider to know this, it's public knowledge and common sense.

Last edited:
not a fan of this Kojima guy.
Playstation gives you the freedom to do any game you want (and you do a delivery game -___- ) , Guerrilla Games give you a new engine, Mark Cerny drives you around like a little kid and once again you go to Xbox !?
pff

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
James Sawyer Ford James Sawyer Ford So it seems Kojima had a multi game deal with Sony all this time. This just makes his overtures to Stadia and MS all the more bizarre. Surely finish your deal first and ship the second game before going out there inking deals with other publishers, no? 3 years and no footage of the sequel is bizarre.

yurinka

We know Kojima is working on Death Stranding 2 because the main actor said it twice and Kojima basically almost confirmed it.

And we know Sony owns the Death Stranding brand, so obviously Death Stranding 2 was never going to be for Stadia or MS, period.

It makes sense that Kojipro and Sony would want to work together again: the game is on track to be the best selling Kojima game ever, got great reviews, won more GOTY awards than any other game released that year, both Kojima and Hermen said to be happy with it and worked together again with DS Director's Cut so could do it again.

No need to be an insider to know this, it's public knowledge and common sense.

This was posted by Dusk Golem
Ok, so it has a 90% chances of being bullshit and only a fan guess.

Last edited:

Barakov

There's a strong chance there will a Death Stranding 2 because Norman Reedus all but confirmed it. But anything Dusk Golem put outs there because is questionable at best because he's been right about as often as he's been wrong.

Neff

As much as I hugely enjoyed Death Stranding I really don't want another one. I feel like that idea was explored to its logical extent so I hope Kojima has something more interesting up his sleeve.

this time you sail through vast empty oceans for hours on end until you discover little islands where you deliver Amazon parcels or Deliveroo orders. you go to the island, drink some energy drink, watch Norman Reedus shower, and convince people to join some kind of bullshit ocean alliance for some weird ass reason.

edit: don't worry, i'm sure there will still be some hot ass waifu with an edgy cool name. I'm betting her name will be Salt.

Last edited:
Top Bottom