• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima’s next game is Death Stranding 2, Codenamed “Ocean”

reezoo

It will be a major flop if it is the same game loop as death starnding. Many bite the bullet this time without knowing what they are getting into, now they know very well.

Klosshufvud

It will be a major flop if it is the same game loop as death starnding. Many bite the bullet this time without knowing what they are getting into, now they know very well.
The game was atlesst beloved on PC with big fan engagement. It even won Bafta best PC game award I believe.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
If he's sticking with the same formula no thanks. It was a different experience, that's for sure, but I really do not want more of that. Even with all of the additions they slowly added.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I hatescroll on Era sometimes.

Also, Duskgolem has no credibility anymore, not with franchises that aren't Biohazard/Resident Evil. Not to me. I always point out how full of shit the dude is, and the retort is always "Yeah, but he got Village right," so I'll give him the fact that he has Capcom connections for sure. But heavy grain of salt over here.

The Fuzz damn you!

Gold Member
Newsflash: some people like things that you don’t like.

Shocking, I know, but with courage you can cope.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Not really man.
See, people that haven't played it (and base their opinion on YT videos) continue to spout the usual "walking sim LOL" while in truth, the game had almost as much action as ground traversal/deliveries.
In my opinion, what the game really needs is a couple of things :
- better realized NPCS : just have the chars come out of their friggin bunker when you meet them and not some generic blue hologram for the Nth time.
- More /better action bits : while the 1st game featured LOTS of weapons...IMO, they weren't put all to good use.
Make the encounters more..."action-y" and it'd be nice to have more enemy types.
- Atmosphere : better realized world : while i do get what Koji was going for, the whole "desolation" thing didn't work for me in contrast to games like shadow of the colossus etc, it just felt "dead" for all the wrong reasons (like they run out of dev. time).He should try to make it feel a little bit more "lived in" with various/extra NPCS, have the NPCS actually appear when you knock on their bunker door, have some kind of settlements etc etc.
- Fix the goddamn vehicle controls/physics.

The bat-shit story, characters, main themes and rest of the gameplay can stay as it is/was.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Ocean uh... please don't introduce submarine delivery shit, your game is already pretty boring as it is.

a9Aw9ZR.jpg
In America, the greatest country in the world, a lot really look like the bottom pic 🤣. So happy I live on the other side of the ocean.

Last edited:

Dolodolo

Ok, so it has a 90% chances of being bullshit and only a fan guess.

We know Kojima is working on Death Stranding 2 because the main actor said it twice and Kojima basically almost confirmed it.

And we know Sony owns the Death Stranding brand, so obviously Death Stranding 2 was never going to be for Stadia or MS, period.

The game is on track to be the best selling Kojima game ever, was very well reviewed and the game that won more GOTYs of the year it was released. They did work together with DS Director's Cut. Kojima said to be happy with Death Stranding. Hermen said to be happy with Death Stranding. Makes sense they'll want to work together again.

No need to be an insider to know this, it's public knowledge and common sense.
I would agree with you, but he apparently had a good source, inside Sony.

That part of the Helldrivers 2 trailer was from him.
He leaked a lot of God of War Ragnarok art and he had part of the clip from the latest trailer a few months before it was released.
I think that he may well have such information

Last edited:
Death Stranding fucking sucked. The story was hot garbage and the gameplay was boring. Kojima needs to finish the story of Snatcher.

SteadyEvo

You assume death standing 2 is gonna play like death stranding 1
I loved the 1st but if the 2nd has me delivering more packages 📦 I’m out.

Still pissed about the guy wanting a pizza delivered with a time limit. Bro… do you not understand what it’s like out here???

kyussman

Finally,a reason for me to get a PS5......I know the first game went over the heads of a lot of you but it really was a special game.

UnNamed

Banned
This was posted by Dusk Golem on Era.

needs a source to debunk this rumor, even though I think its pretty obvious, this is untrue.

Death Stranding 2 is in development (and for some insiders to know I'm not bullshitting about this in the future, its internal codename is Ocean), but Kojima has had a long standing deal with Sony on this, which is being analyzed if Sony and Kojima Productions should renew their contracts after DS2 or not at present, but was never in question before this due to a multi-game contract Sony and Kojima Productions have. But Death Stranding 2 itself was always plotted to be with Sony. I'm not going to say a single actual thing about the game itself, not now or in the future, so don't ask even if people figure out later I'm 100% telling the truth about the codename and contract stuff. But any murmurs about a DS2 with anyone other than Sony is bullshit. The deal with Xbox was never meant to be DS2, this rumor is just false, Sony and Kojima Productions have a multi-game contract that expires after DS2 and at present is being decided by both parties whether to continue their relationship or end it after DS2, and that is the truth.
This guy is full of shit, he basically say nothing, the usual "stay vague + be creative with words" tecnique, and he's not even good at it:

-Death Stranding 2 is in development Confirmed months ago;
-its internal codename is Ocean: or Banana or Koni Demiko, since it's not relevant, hardly released, and in any case you can play the card "something is changed during the development";
-but Kojima has had a long standing deal with Sony on this, which is being analyzed if Sony and Kojima Productions should renew their contracts after DS2 or not at present, but was never in question before this due to a multi-game contract Sony and Kojima Productions have: Kojima was with Sony, but in this moment he may not be with Sony except Kojima is actually with Sony since the game was confirmed months ago.
I'm not going to say a single actual thing about the game itself, not now or in the future, so don't ask even: "Don't ask 'cause I have no clue of what I'm saying";
-But any murmurs about a DS2 with anyone other than Sony is bullshit: since the IP is owned by Sony...

This guy is full of shit, he basically say nothing, the usual "stay vague + be creative with words" tecnique, and he's not even good at it:

-Death Stranding 2 is in development Confirmed months ago;
-its internal codename is Ocean: or Banana or Koni Demiko, since it's not relevant, hardly released, and in any case you can play the card "something is changed during the development";
-but Kojima has had a long standing deal with Sony on this, which is being analyzed if Sony and Kojima Productions should renew their contracts after DS2 or not at present, but was never in question before this due to a multi-game contract Sony and Kojima Productions have: Kojima was with Sony, but in this moment he may not be with Sony except Kojima is actually with Sony since the game was confirmed months ago.
I'm not going to say a single actual thing about the game itself, not now or in the future, so don't ask even: "Don't ask 'cause I have no clue of what I'm saying";
-But any murmurs about a DS2 with anyone other than Sony is bullshit: since the IP is owned by Sony...

I’m assuming death stranding is part of the big SIE game leak so it makes sense that the Codename came from there

kyussman

In a sequel I'd like to see them go more into the terrain stuff......sand,mud,swamp......there is a lot they could do to add more immersion to the gameplay mechanics that were pretty great anyway.I know a lot of people found the game to be a pain in the arse to actually play.....but that's what I loved about it,lol.

Klosshufvud

In a sequel I'd like to see them go more into the terrain stuff......sand,mud,swamp......there is a lot they could do to add more immersion to the gameplay mechanics that were pretty great anyway.I know a lot of people found the game to be a pain in the arse to actually play.....but that's what I loved about it,lol.
I would love something more physics-based. One huge flaw of Death Stranding was the world being fairly locked and rigid. If they got a physics system going that would create massive thunderstorms, floodings, muddy ground and so on it would be quite something. Imagine returning to the same area but the terrain is completely different due to weather conditions and so on. Likewise, they could also expand on the physics of the player character. I think they can create a really immersive "walking sim" by taking advantage of modern systems and engines.

kyussman

I would love something more physics-based. One huge flaw of Death Stranding was the world being fairly locked and rigid. If they got a physics system going that would create massive thunderstorms, floodings, muddy ground and so on it would be quite something. Imagine returning to the same area but the terrain is completely different due to weather conditions and so on. Likewise, they could also expand on the physics of the player character. I think they can create a really immersive "walking sim" by taking advantage of modern systems and engines.
Yea,good points.We are constantly told how great tech is these days but it all goes into the graphics.....Death Stranding is a game crying out for interesting physics systems!

"Dusk Golem"

I'm not going to say a single actual thing about the game itself, not now or in the future, so don't ask even if people figure out later I'm 100% telling the truth about the codename and contract stuff.

Translation:

The clout this post will give me will satisfy my temporary monthly needs. Of course, I'll reveal pictures and the game's plot on discord later, like I did with Silent Hill Codename: Sakura. Oh, did I say that I'm done with leaking Silent Hill Sakura before, multiple times? JKLOL I NEED MY CLOUT WHENEVER THE INTERNET IS NOT LOOKING AT ME! EVERYONE LOOK AT ME!

Dorago

Ld7kP6e.jpg

Death Stranding is Masterpiece. Beautiful and poetic, introspective and prophetic.

Death Stranding 2 will show you the meaning of life and the purpose of our existence as Homo Ludens.

I love Death Stranding dearly, but to say it wasn't a cringe inducing nightmare at parts is being dishonest. My favorite Kojima game is still Peace Walker and it will stay on the top of my list until he makes another game that is so COMPLETE.

I love Death Stranding dearly, but to say it wasn't a cringe inducing nightmare at parts is being dishonest. My favorite Kojima game is still Peace Walker and it will stay on the top of my list until he makes another game that is so COMPLETE.

Kojima never makes the same game twice. Metal Gear one was a lot different than two, and three, and 4 maybe just being the most iterative.

If Phantom Pain's gameplay was a 10/10, Death Stranding's gameplay was 4/10! Did anyone feel the WEIGHT and "Ooomph" of killing a BT? And was anyone SCARED? I don't know if Kojima could handle horror properly. Makes me wonder how Silent Hills would of turned out...

Dear Kojima,

In the sequel can you remove all delivery aspects of the game and just focus on the WW2/Vietnam sections.

f1516bf1deab305d8dfa26c3be5a2ef1b34fe8da.gifv

11fab8505ae391409ed948f88f08333ea4b58372.gifv

I want the feeling of sneaking up on these Skull Soldiers, choking them out, CQCing them, or shooting them without them poofing into a whiff of fire like some castlevania enemies.
Remember how we all thought we would play as Snake in MGS2? Oh man how I wish that would of happened with Death Stranding. We play a little delivery gameplay, but the majority is Clifford as a soldier. Let's rescue "John" aka Die-Hardman from the jaws of hell. *Rant Over* :messenger_beaming:

Top Bottom