• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Kojima] “Death Stranding 2 is not just a regular sequel”

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Prove Eric Andre GIF by Adult Swim

vpance

I liked DS, but the building was mostly just a well crafted illusion of cooperation. Hope that changes up somehow.

just_jr

My guess is that he'll change gameplay in order to attract new fans and get rid of the "walking simulator" aspect of it. We'll probably get a more action/stealth focused gameplay than just walking and throwing poo at the BTs

XXL

I'm in. I think this is gonna be different than the first. But I'm in either way, I liked Death Stranding. I can understand why people wouldn't like it, but I did.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Kojima’s games always innovate and surprise our expectations

DS2 isn’t going to be a basic sequel, and I’m excited to see what it evolves into

SlimySnake SlimySnake
I am interested in seeing what he does with the new CPUs and SSDs. He's always wanted to make lively open worlds. I remember the PS3 reveal where he showed a forest growing new flowers changing in realtime. Couldnt do that on PS3 but he tried doing it with the PS4 in death stranding's BT rainfall sections. Obviously very limited but hes always attempted to push boundries.

I would definitely love to see a more action oriented game this time around, but I dont just want MGSV level freedom. I want to see what he can do with the whole populating the world/rebuilding the world. I got addicted to building bridges and especially the highways logging cement up and down the highways from every base to build it. Several of my highways had my name on it and i got credit for people driving on them. Had almost 2 million likes on my first save. I would like to see more of that. Not just roads, but building bases, outposts, small towns and maybe even entire cities.

Last edited:
With mo-cap having only just begun and Kojima working on the Microsoft cloud game simultaneously, I wouldn't place my hopes on a release date sooner than 2nd half of 2025.

I am interested in seeing what he does with the new CPUs and SSDs. He's always wanted to make lively open worlds. I remember the PS3 reveal where he showed a forest growing new flowers changing in realtime. Couldnt do that on PS3 but he tried doing it with the PS4 in death stranding's BT rainfall sections. Obviously very limited but hes always attempted to push boundries.

I would definitely love to see a more action oriented game this time around, but I dont just want MGSV level freedom. I want to see what he can do with the whole populating the world/rebuilding the world. I got addicted to building bridges and especially the highways logging cement up and down the highways from every base to build it. Several of my highways had my name on it and i got credit for people driving on them. Had almost 2 million likes on my first save. I would like to see more of that. Not just roads, but building bases, outposts, small towns and maybe even entire cities.

Yup the world building stuff and social credit in the game was awesome and I hope they expand it a lot more

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Will I get paid for carrying all the shit this time around? Cuz if not...
I'm gonna call Saul!
P82V.gif

Last edited:
With mo-cap having only just begun and Kojima working on the Microsoft cloud game simultaneously, I wouldn't place my hopes on a release date sooner than 2nd half of 2025.

Its cute you think he’s actually begun doing actual work on that other project lol

Sony is again providing a lot of co-development and resources to make this game

Last edited:
Mo-cap in this case is probably late game development

https://gamingbolt.com/death-strand...-experience-due-to-motion-capture-says-kojima

In this interview from October 2017, Kojima talked about how motion capture technology was helping make the first Death Stranding a standout. He seems to indicate that the mo-cap was near its final stages or already completed. The game wouldn't release for another 25 months after this interview.

If mo-cap for the sequel is only just now starting what makes you think development is nearly finished?

https://gamingbolt.com/death-strand...-experience-due-to-motion-capture-says-kojima

In this interview from October 2017, Kojima talked about how motion capture technology was helping make the first Death Stranding a standout. He seems to indicate that the mo-cap was near its final stages or already completed. The game wouldn't release for another 25 months after this interview.

If mo-cap for the sequel is only just now starting what makes you think development is nearly finished?

I never said nearly finished, but that timing isn’t too far removed from a late 2024 release window

Mo-cap has to fit in around the actor’s schedules and can occur later if necessary (which happened with GoWR)

Last edited:
Its cute you think he’s actually begun doing actual work on that other project lol

Sony is again providing a lot of co-development and resources to make this game
Almost as cute as you pretending to know just how involved comparatively Microsoft and Sony are with Kojima's two projects.

Top Bottom