• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima hiring for "next gen MGS series"

thechemist

Eurogamer said:
Kojima Productions is hiring for "Next Generation Metal Gear Solid Series Production Staff".

The job listing on Konami's Japanese website (spotted and translated by Andriasang) is sure to interest fans of the long-running stealth series.

The programming category asks for people with experience on "PC/PS3/Xbox360". Under the graphics listing, KP asks for those who are interested in conducting research into next generation CG.

2008's Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots was a PlayStation 3 exclusive. Will Metal Gear Solid 5 be a multiplatform release?

In October last year game developer legend and MGS creator Hideo Kojima tweeted: "Had our first meeting for the next 'A HIDEO KOJIMA GAME' with the core team members today. Some member are also participating on 'RISING' so 10 people total this time. We will have a meeting every morning to discuss planning, testing, research, and scouting. An open environment to talk about important issues and share our dreams and concept for the project."

Was he talking about Metal Gear Solid 5? In July Kojima said in an interview: "For the next game I make, it's either MGS5 or an original game. I only have these two choices."

Interesting news, what do you think guys, is this refering to next gen game?

It seems like Kojima cannot stop making MGS games, not that I am complaining.

EDIT: http://www.konami.co.jp/job/jk/spe/kojima_pro.php?ref=ameblo

Jobs posting page - if anyone can confirm and see if there's any interesting details there?

DMeisterJ

Banned
I'm guessing this is 'next-gen' as in PS4/720 since Rising still isn't out.

Anyway, no matter the console, My body is ready... Loved MGS4 (Acts 1 and 2)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Blablurn said:
man, i'm really dying for a real Metal Gear game. please!!! just announce something.... next e3!!!
MGS5 just came out seven months ago, so it will probably be a while.

eshock

"Was he talking about Metal Gear Solid 5? In July Kojima said in an interview: "For the next game I make, it's either MGS5 or an original game. I only have these two choices." "

This sounds specifically designed to say it's not Snatcher/Policenauts.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Blader5489 said:
But in the OP, Kojima says he hasn't made MGS5 yet.

=P
True, true.

Though they did notably throw all their people at Peace Walker who weren't on Rising, so it had the same effect with delaying the game. :p

Dyno

All they need to do is take that beautiful game engine and make a bunch of playable levels. It is a crime that one of the nicest engines this gen is in the hands of cut-scene maniacs.

Blablurn

Nirolak said:
MGS5 just came out seven months ago, so it will probably be a while.

hahaha, stop this :(

i enjoyed peace walker and bla. but COME ON. i want a real.... real metal gear solid 5. the thing is.... unless they bring back snake i can't see them making another one.... unless it's another prequel...... i would love to play a metal gear game which would take place between MGS1 and MGS2...when things weren't that crazy haha.

anyway, i just want a announcement... i'm also looking forward to rising... but still.... it's not the real deal...somehow.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
WrikaWrek said:
Why doesn't it say MGS5 in the MGS Peace Walker box? Why does GAF keep calling it 5?
Because at one point it was: http://kotaku.com/5478831/metal-gear-solid-peace-walker-was-originally-mgs5

500x_o0800045010426547728.jpg

I know he is basically keeping Konami afloat and relevant single-handedly, but Christ, Kojima. Do something else before you die. Please.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
thechemist said:
It seems like Kojima cannot stop making MGS games, not that I am complaining.
well I am :mad:

Move on, Hideo.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Am I wrong in remembering about 10 years ago that Kojima said MGS2 was his last metal gear game before he retired?

Phenomic

WrikaWrek said:
See but that's the thing, at one point. It isn't MGS5, what happens when MGS5 comes out? Gaf starts calling it MGS5-2 or MGS6?

It's sorta stupid no?

Nope, MGS5 becomes MGS6. Deal with it. :D

More people really need to play Peace Walker it really is a good game.

Chinner

Banned
Night_Trekker said:
I know he is basically keeping Konami afloat and relevant single-handedly, but Christ, Kojima. Do something else before you die. Please.
His main focus will always be MGS games, because he pretty much has no spine or imagination. It's funny though, I'd say MGS creatively peaked at MGS2: Substance, and since then the whole series is just getting really messy.

His introduction of The Boss was interesting, not because shes basically a philosophy first and a terrible character second, but because he moved the story focus of The Big Boss onto how amazing the Boss is. The whole saga is basically about The Boss now.

I think there will actually be a point though were we find out The Boss was majorly influenced by her mentor, Big President, and then Kojima will spend a few games again refocusing the saga about how Snake/Liquid was influenced by The Patriots who was influenced by Big Boss who was influenced by The Boss who was influenced by Big President. It's just going to keep going on and on.

TheOddOne said:
And a pletoria of MGS have been made by him since then.

And he's said it about every MGS game since then, too. It's kind of pathetic.

Chinner said:
His main focus will always be MGS games, because he pretty much has no spine or imagination. It's funny though, I'd say MGS creatively peaked at MGS2: Substance, and since then the whole series is just getting really messy.

I'll agree the man has no backbone. He certainly has imagination (I don't think he's any sort of master storyteller, but he is a talented designer, if perhaps overpraised), but that's almost useless when you let yourself be pushed around the way he seems to.

Of the MGS games I've played, I still think MGS3 was the best by far. We will have to agree to disagree on MGS2.

I think there will actually be a point though were we find out The Boss was majorly influenced by her mentor, Big President, and then Kojima will spend a few games again refocusing the story about how Snake/Liquid was influenced by Big Boss who was influenced by The Boss who was influenced by Big President.

That wouldn't surprise me at all. :lol

-KRS-

Sp3eD said:
Am I wrong in remembering about 10 years ago that Kojima said MGS2 was his last metal gear game before he retired?

And didn't he say that MGS4 was supposed to be the last one in the MGS series?

DaBuddaDa

Gomu Gomu said:
But people still call the PS360 "next gen" consoles.
Consumers may, and It's because 'next-gen' became a widespread marketing term for this generation, but when a developer in a job posting refers to 'next-gen' chances are they mean: "The generation after the current one."

I'd like to see a PSP2 Peace Walker sequel. I guess PSP2 could be considered next-gen.

TheOddOne

Night_Trekker said:
I would not say pathetic, but you should always take those kind of comments he makes with a grain of salt.

Kusagari

Night_Trekker said:

I'll agree the man has no backbone. He certainly has imagination (I don't think he's any sort of master storyteller, but he is talented), but that's useless when you let yourself be pushed around the way he seems to be.

It's hard to say though if Konami is pushing these games on him or if he legitimately loves the series too much to make anything else.

DaBuddaDa

Kusagari said:
It's hard to say though if Konami is pushing these games on him or if he legitimately loves the series too much to make anything else.
I don't think Konami has much bargaining power here. I think it's mostly Kojima's desires. Without MGS, Konami would be devastated. If Kojima wanted to do something else and Konami said "No, you have to do MGS," I think Kojima would peace walk his way out of there. That's the last thing Konami needs.

Danielsan

Please stop fucking around with the MGS story and create something new for god's sake.It's already a ridiculous non-nonsensical convoluted mess at this point. Best to start from scratch. Ooh and please hire an editor...

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
DaBuddaDa said:
Consumers may, and It's because 'next-gen' became a widespread marketing term for this generation, but when a developer in a job posting refers to 'next-gen' chances are they mean: "The generation after the current one."

I'd like to see a PSP2 Peace Walker sequel. I guess PSP2 could be considered next-gen.
I've definitely seen job postings lately still calling the 360/PS3 next-gen. It's pretty comical.

Ezalc

Why doesn't he let this franchise die? I could see something like a remake happening but I thought that the story was supposed to be over.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Ezalc said:
Why doesn't he let this franchise die? I could see something like a remake happening but I thought that the story was supposed to be over.
Now that PES is in shambles and getting more shambly by the year, this is pretty much the only major video game money maker for Konami.

Top Bottom