• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima Productions Report Session 057

HomerSimpson-Man said:
Well, we all payed $49.99 for the MGS2 demo back then.

exactly.

Do you think that will encourage Konami (or even S-E with the inevitable FFXIII playable demo) to actually charge for a stand-alone demo? I can think of very few games with the pedigree to actually imply "most demos are to convince you to buy this game. Our demo is simply an opportunity to play early- because you know you'll buy the game anyway."

I know I'd gladly put down $5, maybe even $10 for a playable demo of MGS4 or FFXIII. Am I part of the problem? :(

Aggelos

TheJollyCorner said:
also, would you guys be mad if Sony/Konami decided to charge for the MGS4 playable demo? Like $4.99, but with the length of the MGS2 demo?

With SCE having big loss on the PS3 production, I wouldn't be surprised if they attempt to cash in on every single opportunity (for instance selling the MGS4 demo, selling the FFXIII demo, etc ).... :D

Darkpen

Banned
john tv said:
I took that one -- it's in my office. :) Why, you no like??

To be fair, I took like 50 pictures and let Ryan choose the one he wanted to use. :)
who are you? D: and what does your title mean

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

PLAYABLE!!!
I am not watching the trailer thats for sure!

AH DAMN who am I kidding, I will watch it 100 times over like the other trailers released:D

What were people complaining about with the FPS view?

Darkpen said:
listening to it now, and after reading that (and probably after reading this), I feel uncertain as to whether or not I want to see what comes out of TGS D:

itsatrapcloud.jpg

:lol :lol :lol
I was about to ask who that cgi picture of that girl in your avatar was, but then I saw the label.

Darkpen

Banned
GeneralIroh said:
What were people complaining about with the FPS view?
:lol :lol :lol
I was about to ask who that cgi picture of that girl in your avatar was, but then I saw the label.
It was a photoshop that someone posted in one of the FF7 threads a short while ago. I found it hilarious, and having not decided on an avatar yet, I thought I'd use that.

GeneralIroh said:
Oh hell no! They better keep the positioning the same. Ironsights FTW!

That's the reason it's like that from what I could understand in the podcast. Their military supervisor wants it to look like that. Ryan mentioned that one of the complaints was that Japanese designers will never get FP views, but if you go back to the original TGS trailer where they first showcased MGS4 on the PS3, that FP view was as good as any FP view.

SolidSnakex said:
That's the reason it's like that from what I could understand in the podcast. Their military supervisor wants it to look like that. Ryan mentioned that one of the complaints was that Japanese designers will never get FP views, but if you go back to the original TGS trailer where they first showcased MGS4 on the PS3, that FP view was as good as any FP view.

Yeah, the original trailer FPS viewpoint was great, seems like a missed opportunity to latch only to ironsight considering how you can aim in multiple 3rd person anyway so why bother limiting multiple first person views, especially now that you can move, which makes it look far too stiff in retrospect.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Shut up people with the "I'll pay". Unless we get ZOE3+demo:D

Tiduz

Eurogaime
How awesome would it be if we get the same demo on PSN as the guys at TGS gets to play. that would be pure win and epic.

novery

Red Blaster said:
Also thanks for turning up the volume on the podcast Ryan, much better now.

Seems like there was some kind of encoding problem.

If you want to thank somebody, thank my little bro. Not only does he troll me on messageboards, he spammed my cell email until we got the volume problem fixed.

This thread has allowed me to use this for the first time: *faps*

Playable demo...I say a bunch of us invade TGS and take out anyone who stands in our way of playing the demo. Snake style. Everybody remember your hunting knife and your body, which is a holding ground for an infinite amount of weapons. :D

Oh yeah, that trailer? I'll be watching it...over and over and over. XD

Here's to hoping for some great video of the demo being played.

Holtz said:
OH SHI... Next week will be epic. Fuck the spoilers, i'll be watching the trailer over and over in glorious HD.

I'll be watching that trailer til I decide to go to bed, at which point I will turn on my Wii, open the web browser and watch it 908453578405 more times.

Who said I was obsessed? :D

novery said:
Seems like there was some kind of encoding problem.

If you want to thank somebody, thank my little bro. Not only does he troll me on messageboards, he spammed my cell email until we got the volume problem fixed.

Thanks Ryan's little brother!

I expect wondrous things next week.

tanod

when is my burrito
Put that MGS4 trailer on a disc and sell it. Billion PS3s sold in a day. :D I can't wait to see what you have in store for us.

Darkpen

Banned
....what to do with that spoilerific trailer :(

I want to watch it, but yet, at the same time, this is the internet we're talking about, and unless I get a job some time soon, I'm gonna be on it for a while longer.

Zenith said:
Ryan, please comment on the status of the theme music. Has the fact that it's been taken from some Russian composer affected it at all?

Kojima confirmed it'll be in. It was also in the MGS 20th Anniversary soundtrack. The problem with it is that it doesn't include the last section of the theme which is the part that really makes the theme and also the part that was suppose to be plagarized.

Haunted

TTP said:
*Clicks on thread expecting the usual borefest about voice acting.*

*I'm posting this from the airport*
:lol

GeneralIroh said:
you're not the first one to fall for that. :p

SolidSnakex said:
Kojima confirmed it'll be in. It was also in the MGS 20th Anniversary soundtrack. The problem with it is that it doesn't include the last section of the theme which is the part that really makes the theme and also the part that was suppose to be plagarized.

? so the Theme has been copied from a russian composer?
never heard that before.

when is Tokyogameshow? 18th?

Zenith

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Kojima confirmed it'll be in.

no, he said some vague stuff about being able to play your favourite tracks ingame. and it was the best bits of the theme that got removed from it, so I want to know if they're back in. the fact that Ryan dodges this question every thread doesn't bode well.

SamuraiX-

novery said:

Hey, Ryan. Could you possibly hint at all toward what kinds of themes or concepts will be presented in the trailer that you would have preferred us to see for the first time only when we actually get to play the game?

I'm having a really tough time deciding whether to watch the trailer or not because of this comment you made on your last podcast. :lol

Could you at least say if it isn't anything too major? I mean, how much would it take away from the overall game experience if I were to watch this trailer? Thanks in advance if you reply. :)

tanod

when is my burrito
Ryan,

After hearing how Square is going to have a closed off theater AGAIN this year, I have to say that I am REALLY REALLY thankful that the Kojima Productions studio isn't a stuffy piece of crap when it comes to treating its fans right. I'm really glad you're there to help with that. Kudos!

OMG, I hope we get a playable demo on the Playstation Store next week.
*in my dreams* He said it won't be in English.

And I had no issue with the placement of the gun in FPS view, it was just the placeholder texture look of it that bothered me. For me personally I would rather have realism for the gun placement.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
jett said:

The gameplay-only trailer of MGS3 (the one I posted before in another MGS thread and called it the greatest MGS trailer ever) was yes, the greatest MGS trailer ever (even if it was a bit misleading in some way, it was PERFECT).

If Ryan's ": )" is an indication; no I will not be able to avoid the TGS trailer!!!:eek: Chances are what Ryan didn't want us to see is the new locations and maybe new enemies, that's my guess.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/88.html

AWESOME! PERFECT!

IzumiK

Banned
Ether_Snake said:
The gameplay-only trailer of MGS3 (the one I posted before in another MGS thread and called it the greatest MGS trailer ever) was yes, the greatest MGS trailer ever (even if it was a bit misleading in some way, it was PERFECT).

If Ryan's ": )" is an indication; no I will not be able to avoid the TGS trailer!!!:eek: Chances are what Ryan didn't want us to see is the new locations and maybe new enemies, that's my guess.

I actually thought E3 2000 MGS3 trailer was the greatest. It was the biggest eye opener and probably brought a lot of attention to the PS2 and MGS series itself.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
IzumiK said:
I actually thought E3 2000 MGS3 trailer was the greatest. It was the biggest eye opener and probably brought a lot of attention to the PS2 and MGS series itself.

E3 2000? See my above edit, it's the trailer I meant. 15 mins of perfect presentation.

I understand needing to be a little skimpy on the info this close to release but there for a bit I was wondering what podcast this was. I heard Halo, Halo Wars, Gears of War, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Call of Duty 4, and Bioshock all mentioned.
I'd rather know what Kojima is having for lunch that day. :p
At least the crew is playing a cool game when they have time (Bioshock).

Bebpo said:
God, next week can't come soon enough. Best trailer in the last 3 years SO SOON!

Ahhhh I'm not skipping this trailer, WHO CARES WHAT RYAN PAYTON THINKS ISN'T A GREAT IDEA TO SEE BEFORE SEEING IT IN THE GAME, I need my fix like a crack addict.

Top Bottom