• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima's new game will be published by Sony, is also coming to PC, not Silent Hill

Excited that he's getting the chance to make a new game so soon after his departure from Konami. It's a real shame that he likely won't be able to build it on the Fox Engine. Goodness, MGS5 looked so great on PS4/X1/PC. Good to hear that they're keeping the PC crowd in mind, too. Maybe cross-play (if there's a multiplayer component)?

PC elitists in this thread need to take a chill pill. We get it: you'll buy it 2 years later on PC. The rest of us will be enjoying it when it launches. No need to come in here and start pissing on all the furniture.

This savagery is unnecessary lol but so is the definitive version thing.

On Demand

Banned
Lets be honest, half the PC owners don't even care about MGS or Kojima's games. They're just happy to brag about 8K 900fps to tease console owners.

PC doesn't even need a big entity behind itself to push it, it has all the support it could ever need in every thread on every single forum on the Internet.

And now on neogaf too, big time.

It used to be different here... :(

Get used to it. PC gamers are here to stay.

Sky Saw

Banned
Lets be honest, half the PC owners don't even care about MGS or Kojima's games. They're just happy to brag about 8K 900fps to tease console owners.

Don't think that's true, every PC gamer I know bought and loved MGS5...at launch at least. Not all of us PC gamers are PC only gamers.

aravuus

You sure it's half? What proof do you have, where's the science backing up this hella mad generalization?

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
I cannot wait for whatever snatcher-esque espionagey super violent mech heist movie menagerie that Kojima can come up with!

Day1 on my PS4. hippity hype.

Majine

Banned

That's going to be the standard by the time the game actually comes out. Nothing to brag about.

ViolentP

Console players will scoff at PC gamers for being able to play first. PC gamers will scoff at console players for having superior versions.

Funny all this animosity when everyone is ultimately getting what they prefer.

poodpick

well, ummm...

laught5y6f.png

derExperte

Sounds like every DF thread in which the PS4 version clobbers the X1 by having 100 pixels and 3 frames per second more. At least with PC there are/will be real differences, especially when this comes out in 2020 or so.

Nzyme32

Jeff Gerstmann @jeffgerstmann
I was just thinking that Sony needed another game that won't ship for like six years.

Ooooo

True though, this is going to be quite a long way out

This is the sort of sweeping generalisation from someone that clearly has an interest in such fanboyish console waring. It's why there can never be a thread such as this one that doesn't disintegrate. I'm an MGS fan from the start and I played the PC version at fairly mediocre settings - still enjoyed it. Oh wait I'm not a "real fan" and I "don't care"

Q8D3vil

Its probably going to be an open world game, i really hope he learns from his shitty last game and make better one this time.
releasing it for pc means i will probably buy it (if its ps4 only i'll just borrow it).

Head.spawn

At least here there are/will be real differences, especially if it comes out in 2020 or so.

Yeah, that's the part that I don't even know how to comprehend yet.

Maxwell is doing wonders as-is and Pascal is coming up shortly... Volta the year after. I can't even fathom what will be around by the time this game actually launches, and compare that to consoles. It's fully understandable why people will be excited to see Kojima deliver a stellar port into that newness.

Raitaro

Wait, so his falling out with Konami wasn't a big elaborate hoax to sell more Metal Gear Solid V copies after all? And Konami really is ok with parting with its sole prominent game designer despite promises to continue AAA game development using their famous IP's?

Yeah yeah, I'm kidding of course, but still, a small part of me did actually continue to hold out some hope that it was all part of a plan cooked up by Kojima himself...Now we know for certain I guess...

derExperte

Yeah, that's the part that I don't even know how to comprehend yet.

Maxwell is doing wonders as-is and Pascal is coming up shortly... Volta the year after. I can't even fathom what will be around by the time this game actually launches, and compare that to consoles. It's fully understandable why people will be excited to see Kojima deliver a stellar port into that newness.

If Kojima works as fast as he usually does and this doesn't turn out to be a smaller game it could very well end up as a PS5 title or at least late-gen with a 'remaster' already planned like GTAV. Or his unchecked spending drives Sony into bankruptcy while someone at Konami laughs.

Jonm1010

Banned
The fact it is confirmed to not be related to silent hill makes this a rather big disappointment.

I really, really wanted to see the collaboration between Kojima, Del Torro and Junji Ito come back to fruition in some form.

Incredibly disappointing.

Grief.exe

The fact it is confirmed to not be related to silent hill makes this a rather big disappointment.

I really, really wanted to see the collaboration between Kojima, Del Torro and Junji Ito come back to fruition in some form.

How would that be possible? IP is owned by Konami.

It would have to be a new IP but that collaboration could totally be resurrected. Assuming Del Torro isn't burnt out.

From his comments, it sounds like he is still excited to collaborate with Kojima.

injurai

Banned

It would have to be a new IP but that collaboration could totally be resurrected. Assuming Del Torro isn't burnt out.

Dreez

I'm pretty Kojima will try and revisit P.T. w/ del Toro down the line, but for now... he's tryna get that bankroll and reputation for his new company up.

Elandyll

Banned
Get used to it. PC gamers are here to stay.
Do so called "PC gamers" (I play mainly on PC and am reluctant to call myself that thanks to that kind of elitist attitude) need to be such jerks about it?

It's not like there's a secret behind PC gaming.
It costs more, therefore it performs more.

Guess what? I just bought my brand new second PS4 for an equivalent of $210 during Black Friday.
How much did the GPU in your PC cost you?
All I know is that I also have a $1700 gaming laptop with a 970m and I enjoy gaming on it just as much as I do on my PS4, with different games and environments (TV screen vs portable).

Seriously, could we rejoice that

1) There's a new Kojipro IP coming
2) It's coming to both PS4 and PC, allowing to play on your platform of choice (among those 2)
3) Sony is known for taking a rather laid back approach, allowing for a good amount of freedom

?

And let's stop that childish bragging (and for PS4 users positing that you'd rather the game be exclusive, rejoicing that it's coming first, or implying the port could be botched is equally so) which does nothing for the community.

DrD

It's not related to the Silent Hill IP since Konami owns it. It could still be a horror game with all those people involved as long as it's a new IP. It's starting to look like it's a sci-fi game though.

Top Bottom