• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima's new game will be published by Sony, is also coming to PC, not Silent Hill

Moronwind

Banned
New Kojima Production team looking utterly badass

N9Z4CMN5.jpg

Kojima is missing his beard, and that looks like the entrance to the Konami building.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
It's equally sad and entertaining watching people bicker over shit like this on the forum. Can't say I don't find enjoyment from it.

Kazuhira

Can someone explain why this is coming to PC? I'm very happy it is because I'll definitely be playing it on PC even though I own a PS4, but what I don't understand is why? It doesn't make any sense from a business standpoint as far as I can tell. A Hideo Kojima game exclusive to PS4 could be a system seller, right? I'm not sure why they would let that go and just give it to PC. Not to look a gift horse in the mouth or anything, just not sure how it makes sense.
The deal with sony is that this new game will be console exclusive and they will give support for the development of the ps4 version.
KP can do whatever they want with the ip because they own it and Steam's userbase is massive so they know there's money in there.
At least that's how i see it.

T.E.D

Banned
I'm actually astonished to see such gross misunderstanding on Neogaf as to what PC gaming actually is.

Sitting at desks while friends watch? Jesus, people here are supposed to know a thing or two about gaming.

I'm actually astonished to see such gross misunderstanding on Neogaf as to what PC gaming actually is.

Sitting at desks while friends watch? Jesus, people here are supposed to know a thing or two about gaming.

Hey just telling it like it is..I quit PC gaming back when my friends came over to watch me play at my desk and I forgot my CD key and couldn't complete my install

orochi91

Can someone explain why this is coming to PC? I'm very happy it is because I'll definitely be playing it on PC even though I own a PS4, but what I don't understand is why? It doesn't make any sense from a business standpoint as far as I can tell. A Hideo Kojima game exclusive to PS4 could be a system seller, right? I'm not sure why they would let that go and just give it to PC. Not to look a gift horse in the mouth or anything, just not sure how it makes sense.

PC is not a threat to the PS4's market, nor in direct competition with it.

Sony has no reason to stop an IP from showing up on PC, especially if they don't own the IP.

And let's be real, anything Kojima sells as a PS console exclusive will be a system seller.

Core gaming market tends to own several gaming platform anyways, which is why you have many PC gamers owning a console(s) as well.

Game is announced for PS4 and PC, and yet there seems to be a PS4 vs PC brawl in here

-____-

Logic, where art thou?

A handful of posters are going back-and-forth, but thankfully this is a dedicated thread for this kind of flaming; the other thread was starting to get derailed.

I feel Metal Gear borders on sci-fi but I would love to see some straight-up aliens and spaceships science fiction, or maybe some cyberpunk.

silva1991

The vast majority of the fans are on consoles especially on Sony consoles. it's still a huge system seller for PS4.

and like Sony already said PC isn't a competitor to them.

"Let's trade one shitty discussion topic for an even more shitty topic." Hooray.

hah. As usual these threads always devolve into the same thing. The same kind of crowd that praises this exclusivity and claims "Xbox is fucked!" comes with the defensive of "no one likes PC gaming anyways and be quiet about that version being better please!" when a PC version gets announced. Granted the extreme opinions like those of TB and other familiar PC focused posters are pretty bad as well.

While I don't care for the defensiveness brought up. It is also equally annoying to hear how consoles are vs PC in comparison over and over. To many of us, it's a given, yet it seems that it must be brought up in every thread over and over. As previously stated, there was no need to dogpile the comment.

I don't know, even as someone who owns a gaming PC, I'm unable to think of a single moment where I've felt the need to go on about the superiority of a PC game. I'm not saying Durante did that, but there are folks who seem to get their jollies from such behavior. Never understood it myself.

Hey just telling it like it is..I quit PC gaming back when my friends came over to watch me play at my desk and I forgot my CD key and couldn't complete my install

PC gamers have friends? :p

Complete joke btw. All kidding aside, while traditional PC gaming may very well be still at a desk, many of us have our PCs hooked up to our televisions.

T.E.D

Banned

Hmmm, shocking stuff alright.

My friends have their PC's in the living room. They boot right into Steam Big Picture or Kodi and they control everything from the comfort of their couches with Xbox and Playstation controllers. Funny that.

Being bent over a keyboard is a stereotype. In reality, PC equates one thing = customization. The ability to create whatever you want, whenever you want, wherever you want.

Essentially every PC thread on GAF gets derailed at this point. I'm not sure it's something moderation can fix, but requires a cultural change.

It would be fine if for me if any mentioning of performance would be bannable outside performance/digital foundry threads and I mean both in ps4 vs PC or Xbox and perhaps the NX threads to come. Seriously it is so annoying having to go though 30 pages instead of 15 just because people have to brag about their better version or arguing over the same shit litteraly every time instead of talking about the game. What is even more strange is that it have to start in this case years before the games comes out?

ViolentP

My friends have their PC's in the living room. They boot right into Steam Big Picture or Kodi and they control everything from the comfort of their couches with Xbox and Playstation controllers. Funny that.

Being bent over a keyboard is a stereotype. In reality, PC equates one thing = customization. The ability to create whatever you want, whenever you want, wherever you want.

2 weeks ago I had 3 friends over. We all played on the couch, full access to my Steam library. It was a gas. All it took was a little foresight.

zsynqx

LMAO

Not saying you are wrong but that line is hilarious. Reads like an advertising slogan.

Nocturno999

More like that they don't see PC as a competitor. They have a first party line up for exclusives. As long xbox is out of the equation, they don't care.

PC is a bigger competitor than the XBO right now.

It would be fine if for me if any mentioning of performance would be bannable outside performance/digital foundry threads and I mean both in ps4 vs PC or Xbox and perhaps the NX threads to come. Seriously it is so annoying having to go though 30 pages instead of 15 just because people have to brag about their better version or arguing over the same shit litteraly every time instead of talking about the game. What is even more strange is that it have to start in this case years before the games comes out?

Someone said definitive version tongue in cheek and people went crazy.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
The way you conviently ignore "playstation warriors" in your post is pretty telling lol.

Boktai
Boktai 2
Boktai DS
I honestly didn't think you'd mentioned them, but yeah 1 series on the GB/DS.
It's amazing really that MGSV was multiplatform.

PC gaming... desks... what? Been playing PC games on my HDTV for years. Jesus, this is a hardcore gaming forum. I wish more people were up to speed on what modern PC gaming is like.

Ploid 3.0

A lot of people haven't built or bothered with a gaming PC and still stick to console/portable gaming with the ready to play environment (yes yes, current consoles are getting very similar to PCs these days). Usually when people imagine a PC setup, they see a monitor with a huge tower and a mouse/keyboard on the desk. Lately PC gaming has been becoming similar to a console, with the standardization of the xbox controller on the OS level among other things. Now we have steam controller, and Steam UI turning your PC into a environment that's very familiar to console users. For people that haven't been following it, they wouldn't know half of the ease of use, and flexibility of the modern Gaming PC setups. As a person that tried to upgrade my PC in 2003 or so, to building a PC in 2013 it's a easier thing to get done and I can understand the fear and appeal of not bothering with a PC.

I can remember when I did watch as people sat at a desk playing a game on the computer. There was no easy way to play multiplayer games at one computer (couldn't have two mice, and keyboards, not many games featured local co op). Those days are long gone. I don't blame people that haven't been keeping up. PC gaming still seem to be an enthusiast thing.

T.E.D

Banned
PC is a bigger competitor than the XBO right now.

It's a lost cause and Sony know it. One game alone, League of Legends, sees more players per day than there are PS4's in the entire world. PC is not even in the same ballpark as PS4. What would be the point in even competing with it.

Josman

It's so nice that it's coming to PC, I bet it will be something like P.T., hopefully they collaborate with Del Toro again.

Top Bottom