• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KojiPro expunge continues - Logo erased from Silent Hills website

HeelPower

It could very well be their first steps from removing themselves from console gaming in general. If they intend to continue with console gaming then these steps are weird indeed removing Kojima Prod logos who are very popular with the fans who's money you want.

Maybe they don't really care to make these games anymore.

Kojima games are probably too expensive to make,take too long and aren't as profitable as they would like them to be.

I really hope Kojima forms a new studio and makes a horror game like P.T. and puts it on Kickstarter.

It would get a huge sum of money,it would give us a game we want, and send a message to good ol Konami about what they are throwing away.

Feltrol

Banned
iMvNyvOIqYM0t.png

Sorry, but I laughed.

semiconscious

Gold Member
admit it: here we are, 6 months away from mgs5 launch, & we've got hideo kojima under some kinda fucking temporary gag order?. pure bullshit...

konami's handled this whole thing sooo fucking poorly. smh...

So silent hills sucks now?

I don't think people will view it in the same way because it's not his baby in the way Metal Gear is. I'm not entirely convinced Silent Hills will be that negatively affected, and I'm sure they've got other creative folk who can step in to take over. Metal Gear, on the other hand, really has a particular flavour thanks to Kojima himself and I bet future iterations feel a little more bland and soulless because of it.

Can someone explain to me the animosity between Konami and Kojima at the moment? I must have missed the thread that explained what happened.

I may have missed it myself, but I don't think we actually know anything firm at this time.

Jigorath

Banned
Sigh.

Maybe Del Toro and Kojima will hook up at his new studio for a new IP. I was really looking forward to their video game.

Maybe Sony will jump in, co-develop, and replace the sting of losing Kojima with the father of Silent Hill- Keiichiro Toyama? ;)

Only half-joking.
It'd be amazing to see what Toyama would do with the Silent Hill IP after 16 years away from it.

Gryph

Sort of inevitable after all of this... but very sad. I can only hope P.T. inspires other developers to create atmospheric horror pieces in the future.

Sesha

I still can't believe we were looking at a new AAA Silent Hill game by Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro. It was too good to be true.

Well at least this game wasn't actually made yet.

Such a pity, this game really could have brought back the Silent Hill name in a big way.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I find this loathsome behaviour of Konami very appalling regarding the future of both Metal Gear and Silent Hills. I wish there was something I could do, but finances aren't that bright unfortunately.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, Konami is just doing stupid thing after stupid thing.

Ironic that they do this, considering it was Konami's CEO who asked Kojima to work on Silent Hill, and he wanted to do it.

If I had to guess, the first game Kojima will do after leaving Konami will be horror. Hope that Guillermo Del Toro follows him.

Thanks for P.T., KojiPro, it's the best horror game I'll ever play. I've been playing Silent Hill 1, and it's nothing like this. My heart is broken right now.

I really hope Kojima forms a new studio and makes a horror game like P.T. and puts it on Kickstarter.

It would get a huge sum of money,it would give us a game we want, and send a message to good ol Konami about what they are throwing away.

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't get more than 5 million, maybe 10 million, but then again, he's a man of ambitions, and he would definitely fare better going directly to just going to another publisher.

It might give us a game that we want, but would it be a game that Kojima wants? Most publishers would kill for hiring him and giving him what he wants, why take the risk with Kickstarter? Worst case scenario, the project does not fare well and when he goes to publishers, none will take him.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Sooo... What will Konami even have left after all this?

ProEvolution Soccer and other non gaming stuff. And they seem to be doing more money out of this, moreso than Metal Gear.

A Sony-funded horror game with Kojima at the helm on the horizon?

Imagine that. I feel like that's what going to happen. Shu will be all "you thought I made bad choices?! Look at this, mothereffers!".

That or MS, both seem to love Kojima. It's up to him, though.

Gandalf

I really wanted that Collectors Edition :(

Silent Hills was one of my most anticipated games in a very long time... Such a shame if the inevitable cancellation comes.

Ivan

P.T. was the best thing ever for me. I had really high hopes for Silent Hills :(.

Maybe Del Toro did all the good work? :(

Nope. Just like I'll say the same about Metal Gear.

It certainly won't be the same as it could have been with Hideo and Kojipro - but that doesn't mean Konami couldn't create a good game out of either. It simply means they will assuredly be different. When Konami make the games and they (hypothetically) are shit, then sure, I'd be more inclined to believe they will be terrible moving forward without any changes going forward

Recent Castlevania and Silent Hill games are all the proof I need.

JesusSama

Neo Member
You know, I would love it if Sony or something bought out the rights to publish this game or something just to keep Kojima on project. I'm sure they realized just how popular P.T. was, that'd be a gamble worth trying out.

Would it be feasible/possible/probable? Nah. But I'd love it.

You know, I would love it if Sony or something bought out the rights to publish this game or something just to keep Kojima on project. I'm sure they realized just how popular P.T. was, that'd be a gamble worth trying out.

Would it be feasible/possible/probable? Nah. But I'd love it.

I could see it happening, but would Kojima even want to work with Konami any more?

Top Bottom