• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KojiPro expunge continues - Logo erased from Silent Hills website

The hate inside me is getting bigger and bigger everyday. Damm you KONAMI

Im scared for Kojimas Future...Plz dont end up like Sakaguchi working on Mobile Games

Can someone explain to me the animosity between Konami and Kojima at the moment? I must have missed the thread that explained what happened.

Nobody knows what happened. That's what makes this so scary. Just one day, Kojima wasn't on the staff list anymore, all his public appearances had been canceled, and his name was removed from all the promotional materials.

The only thing we have to go off of is a gamespot.com article citing "insider sources" saying he's on as a contractor, which basically means that he's getting the boot as soon as MGSV is out the door.

1. Kickstart it under a new name.

2. FOXEngine?

3. If Norman Reedus is out, make the game in First-Person like the PT demo

4. ?

5. Profit

PM me check Kojima pls. pls.

I'm really hoping Del Toro eventually gets his game made. Now that Kojima is out, a highly doubt there are many people left at Konami that can realize Del Toro's vision.

A bit of me wants to remain optimistic. To think that it can still be just as good, maybe even better, without Kojima.

Then I remember it's Konami.

Silent Hills, if it still happens, is going to be shit.

sjay1994

The real tragedy of all of this is Kojima's twitter just stopped. Everyday he would retweet fan art, action figures, what people did in GZ.

What he is eating...

Now nothing.

I dont think it will happen. They wouldnt just remove the logo. They would of taken down the whole website if the game was dead.

It still has plenty of opportunity to get a proper death. Konami will probably push it out regardless of quality though. Hasn't stopped them with previous Silent Hill games.

sjay1994

Did Kojima insult someone's mother or something?

I really don't get any of this.

No one knows.

I'd understand that Konami wants to make more metal gear, and kojima just doesn't feel like it, but how Konami is erasing any sign of Kojipro, and the fact they announced they are hiring for a new MGS, a day after the story breaks, and PP isn't even out yet feels like they are just quickly setting everything on fire.

Anyways

Please be excited for MgS: Metal Gear Solid coming 2016.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
A bit of me wants to remain optimistic. To think that it can still be just as good, maybe even better, without Kojima.

Then I remember it's Konami.

Silent Hills, if it still happens, is going to be shit.

You can't be optimistic about the company that thought it would be nice to change the Silent Hill team from 1-3 because they thought it would be better.

Or the company who is essentially kicking out their most prominent director, for reasons unknown though.

tumblr_m94wqc2nVZ1rseqkp.gif

Karma is a brooding, unforgiving bitch Konami.

Kojima will be avenged.

Nobody knows what happened. That's what makes this so scary. Just one day, Kojima wasn't on the staff list anymore, all his public appearances had been canceled, and his name was removed from all the promotional materials.

The only thing we have to go off of is a gamespot.com article citing "insider sources" saying he's on as a contractor, which basically means that he's getting the boot as soon as MGSV is out the door.

Thanks.

If this is the direction konami wants to take. Good for them. AAA make them small change compared their other sectors. The only problem, like with gamergate, pissing off gamers leads to outlandish responses and hateful remarks to said company (see this thread and previous thread).

Kojima is talented and can find a job else where and start a new baby project.

Haunted

"Will you allow us to annualize Metal Gear?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"I don't want to."

Fin.
I will say that we don't know what he did to piss the upper echelon off.

ran over sakamoto's dog

didn't want to annualise MGS

demanded more creative freedom and control

didn't want to make another MGS

slept with sakamoto's wife

etc etc

Kojima always had a good working relationship with Sony so I wonder if they may be open to giving him his own studio at Japan Studios and allowing him creative freedom as well as obviously funding future projects. Sony are known for risk taking. I'd like to see him continue making console games rather than go the mobile route or kick-starter small projects.

Haunted

Kojima always had a good working relationship with Sony so I wonder if they may be open to giving him his own studio at Japan Studios and allowing him creative freedom as well as obviously funding future projects. Sony are known for risk taking. I'd like to see him continue making console games rather than go the mobile route or kick-starter small projects.
And Ueda goes to Konami instead!

jett

D-Member
The real tragedy of all of this is Kojima's twitter just stopped. Everyday he would retweet fan art, action figures, what people did in GZ.

What he is eating...

Now nothing.

It must be seriously depressing to work at "KojiPro" right now. Wonder how will that impact the last stretch of MGSV's development.

Sooo... What will Konami even have left after all this?

Well, they've fucked Castlevania, they've fucked PES, they're in the process of fucking Metal Gear, and next up is Silent Hills. Honestly, they don't really have anything else worth much unless they're prepared to invest big time to modernise and build up an existing brand like they briefly did with Lords of Shadow.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Yeah its strange he has stopped tweeting suddenly =(
They probably put him under a media blackout and have him sign a NDA on the details of his removal within the company.

As far as the "official" info we have, this is all a simple reorganization and consolidation of the Konami brand. There's no official indication that this means Kojima would no longer be working on Silent Hills, only that KojimaProductions has been disbanded and absorbed by Konami proper. In theory, the same main players could be working under the Konami main banner as subcontractors rather than in a permanent studio.

But that's the official story. Clearly Konami has been dodging questions and the rumors about Kojima leaving seem true at this point. That plus the total communication lockdown...yeah the official story is bullshit to some degree. Just how much we don't know.

Maybe Kojima is even leaving because his division got absorbed and he is not cool with that. We know how much he likes to plaster his name all over everything (several times). The removal of KojiPro is possibly the cause rather than the effect. Konami decided to consolidate and Kojima decided to leave in response. (A decision probably made easier by the fact that they want him to make Metal Gear forever)

When it comes to silent Hills, no Kojima, no purchase. That's my bottom line.

I hope Kojima really can continue to work with Konami as an independant contractor as the official story indicates. That would actually be beneficial to him. That way he could accept jobs at his discretion. No longer as a permanent employee, he could turn down Metal Gear all he wants but work on games that he wants to. Like Silent Hills. Once each contract is up he's free again.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Ongoing depression.......can only pray that Kojima has the ZOE license by some form of magic
It wouldn't matter...IIRC the reason ZOE never got a sequel was because Kojima simply didn't want to make one so him having the license wouldn't change that.

Yeah its strange he has stopped tweeting suddenly =(

Wasn't just him https://twitter.com/Ken1555

Something to back up the contractor story was Ken (see link^) Kojipro producer had his linkedin page changed to say contractor too, I think it's been deleted since.

Top Bottom