• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami Announces New 3DO Game for Wii

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
DreD said:
If it's it's a Wii Ware release this is "acceptable", ortherwise... holy shit that's fugly! :lol

No. This is not EVER acceptable. It wouldn't be acceptable for free, for Wii Ware, or full price. This wasn't acceptable in the arcade either. No one should be rewarded for this. I say this as someone who owns Escape from Bug Island and Ninjabread Man.

Busty

Banned
:lol

I know that PS3 and 360 development is getting more and more expensive but it looks like Wii third party development isn't even breaking a twenty.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Busty said:
:lol

I know that PS3 and 360 development is getting more and more expensive but it looks like Wii third party development isn't even breaking a twenty.

I'm developing a new Wii game for three fitty.

Minsc

Gold Member
Tobor said:
I would pay $100 each for Star Control 2 and Return Fire. And another $50 for Maps O' Death.

I'm sure you're aware of The Ur-Quan Masters then, so I wonder what the main advantage of a VC port would be, when Star Control 2 plays perfectly on any PC.

I'd miss the couple hundred megs worth of "great" VA present in the above/3DO version that would be missing from a VC release too.

Innotech

Banned
flipping_heck said:
Konami's way of paying the Wii userbase back after the crappy sales from Elebits and Dewy!

It's all YOUR fault!!
and mine

Anyways, i remember this game a while back, brings back very weird memories..
I bought Elebits and Dewey. They arent bad games. Especially not compared to this dreck.

This just makes it even funnier though that the wii continues to mop the floor with everything.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
unc4.jpg

"Bail out!"

Why would you even ANNOUNCE this?

yet they wonder why 3rd party games don't sell to the Nintendo crowd. More insults after what 3rd parties went through on the wii in 2007. They never learn

dyls said:
No one else finds these shots endearing? This is the kind of camp that's pretty much completely absent in video games as it's intentional (at least I sure hope it is) rather than a byproduct of being way too serious about an absurdly stupid concept like 90% of the games on the market today. If it's fun and budget priced, I'm all over this.
Joke post?

Danj

I missed out on the 3DO era, so the following question is entirely serious and is not me trolling or anything like that: why do the people in these screenshots look like they've been photoshopped in?

DreD

From Wikipedia

Eugene Peyton Jarvis (born 1955) is a game designer and programmer, producing pinball machines for Atari and video games for Williams Electronics. Most notable amongst his works are the seminal arcade video games Defender and Robotron: 2084 in the early 1980s, and the Cruis'n series of driving games for Midway Games in the 1990s. He co-founded Vid Kidz in the early 1980s and currently leads his own development studio, Raw Thrills Inc.
[...]

He now works for his own studio, Raw Thrills Inc., and his more recent work has returned him to the coin-op arcade game world with Target: Terror, a first-person perspective shooting game based on the "war on terror", introduced in Spring of 2004. The second game from his studio, The Fast and the Furious debuted in the Fall of 2004 at the same time as the Target: Terror Gold update kit.

The Fast and the Furious is an arcade game based on the 2001 film The Fast and the Furious. It was developed and published in 2004 by Raw Thrills.

[...]

The title was later ported over to the Wii console as Cruis'n. The name was changed due to Midway Games having lost the license to the original name.

I guess this explains a few things. :lol

Jiggy

dyls said:
No one else finds these shots endearing? This is the kind of camp that's pretty much completely absent in video games as it's intentional (at least I sure hope it is) rather than a byproduct of being way too serious about an absurdly stupid concept like 90% of the games on the market today.
I love the campy factor too, but that's about all I can say for it. It's still ugly and doesn't look like it'd be much fun to play. :(
But yes, I'm 100% in favor of shooting terrorists who are doing wheelies in golf carts--it's just that I want it in a good game.

Tobor

Minsc said:
I'm sure you're aware of The Ur-Quan Masters then, so I wonder what the main advantage of a VC port would be, when Star Control 2 plays perfectly on any PC.

I'd miss the couple hundred megs worth of "great" VA present in the above/3DO version that would be missing from a VC release too.

Well aware, I have it. I don't like gaming on my pc. I love the classic controller, and I'd love to have SC2 on Wii, XBLA, a full rerelease, whatever.

I would want the 3DO version on the VC, so that would of course, include the VA.

You all know that this isn't an actual 3DO game, it just looks exactly like one, right?

As much as I hate fugly shovelware, this thing will probably make money for Konami. The people who are interested in shit like this (it was the number one arcade game of 2006, after all) don't know enough about video games to realize it looks like shit. They're not going to be all "Oh my god, look how low res the textures are".

Innotech

Banned
as long as Konami makes something else with decent quality I dont care if they release this. but if this is the only sort of thing they plan to release, fuck them.

Top Bottom