• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami financial report: MGSV comes out somewhere between April - June 2015?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
no game releases on a monday! silly shirt team! :D

#TeamV

Midnight
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

Endo Punk

I hope not because in April I am not going to skip Mortal Kombat X for Phantom Pain, of course Witcher 3 shits on PP in May and Batman would kick Snake's ass in June. Prefer a July or August release for MGSV.

Protag

Banned
Please, after seeing the P5 trailer, a release date for TPP will just slay me.

That said, give it to me oh god

Kaze2212

I hope not because in April I am not going to skip Mortal Kombat X for Phantom Pain, of course Witcher 3 shits on PP in May and Batman would kick Snake's ass in June. Prefer a July or August release for MGSV.

Well, all of these are great games but TPP would still probably shit on all of them.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
22nd June means they can ride one last E3 straight into the hype zone.

Feels like there should be a lot more MGO3 stuff by now though if its part of the MGSV package. A beta at the very least within the next two months.

You highly doubt the power of Metal gear, last time a numbered title released was in 2008 and that sold 1 million in a day on the console with the smallest install base. This is releasing on 5 platforms so I expect this to move massive amount of units.

Kaze2212

Maybe but probably best not to risk going toe to toe with these games. MGSV would benefit having the month to itself.

Yeah, definitely. And if I could choose I would also rather have the releases spread out a little. Too many games, too little time. But you gotta pay those bills somehow.

Sn4ke_911

Kojima to do a stealth E3 release?

No way, he likes his world tours, cosplays, fans cheering etc.

He worked so hard on this, over 5 years. Now it's time for him and his team to earn the price.

You highly doubt the power of Metal gear, last time a numbered title released was in 2008 and that sold 1 million in a day on the console with the smallest install base. This is releasing on 5 platforms so I expect this to move massive amount of units.

Seriously. The Witcher looks great, but it doesn't have nearly the mass appeal and fanbase that the MGS series does.

Alo0oy

Banned
For people asking why publishers are still making cross-gen games:

KXEzgYs.jpg

Just because last gen systems died on NPD doesn't mean it happened worldwide.

EDIT: I hope the growth in the PC market for Konami means they release the game simultaneously on all platforms, it made Konami nearly as much money as 360 & far more than Xbox One, I want to see crazy mods on Metal Gear. I'd probably buy a new PC once I see an interesting mod for the game.

Mexen

June is fine with me. Would have saved up for TPP Limited Edition PS4 Bundle by then. Let it be so.

Sn4ke_911

If they can manage to release this game on V/V/201V that would be ridiculously awesome but I highly doubt it.

Mr_L

Really hoping for V/V/201V. Would make an excellent birthday gift to myself, but I just want a release date. Any release date. I can feel it. It's soon.

Kaze2212

May would be a dream come true.
My next desire, is simultaneous console/PC launch

That would be insane. I would really like to get this on PC. (Well, I could get it on PC later but... I can't wait D:)

For people asking why publishers are still making cross-gen games:

KXEzgYs.jpg

Just because last gen systems died on NPD doesn't mean it happened worldwide.

EDIT: I hope the growth in the PC market for Konami means they release the game simultaneously on all platforms, it made Konami nearly as much money as 360 & far more than Xbox One, I want to see crazy mods on Metal Gear. I'd probably buy a new PC once I see an interesting mod for the game.

Declining everywhere other than Metal Gear.

The other big take away, only 6% of sales come from Xbox One (compared to 20% for PS4). Time to take the fingers out of their ears and optimise the Fox Engine so it actually runs well on the platform? 720p for a sports game on this hardware is a shambles, never mind Metal Gear's resolution issues. Metal Gear and PES will continue to sell poorly on Xbox while they look like shit.

I know it's unlikely, but if Metal Gear doesn't sell well for whatever reason, is there a real prospect that Konami could bite the dust?

Xbox is always going to have worse Metal Gear sales and worse PES sales for the same reasons they did previous gen. It's not all about resolution.

Konami aren't going to bite the dust but their console business has been dwindling for ages, they will push more into mobile.

eso76

Man, the industry should really invest in researching non-perishable disc formats.

Top Bottom