• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami has outsourced a Silent Hill project to "a prominent Japanese developer", reveal is this Summer

I just wish they would finally show something already if it truly does exist. This rumor has been around since that P.T. demo eons ago. This may be controversial, but I’m glad it’s supposedly staying with a Japanese developer at least and not being outsourced to an outside region.

rapid32.5

Tango Gameworks?

Proud Of You Yes GIF

With Mikami fully in charge, I can sleep soundly till launch.

Camreezie

I would rather Platinum did it with Kamiya leading a team even though it's never been an action heavy game than most of the other studios mentioned here

Matsuchezz

Bloober Team doing a Silent Hill game, yikes! Looking at what they accomplished with The medium, that game does not get me excited. On the other hand what Japanese developer could be. I hope it is a good one.

Aenima

Two Silent Hill games

One for Xbox by Blooper

One for PlayStation by Kojima Productions

Console wars here we come
Might sound weird, but that kind of stuff happened in the past.

Was watching a show on TV the other day about retro games. And Konami Released 2 diferent Castlevanias, one for Megadrive and ther other for SNES. They had the same name, but was developed by diferent studios. Had diferent main characters and also diferent locations.

Blue Spring

Read my tears about xbox here --->
Tango Gameworks... what else have they been up to lately? Can you imagine if MS gets them in the bag and the next Silent Hill is 100% xbox exclusive? People would go crazy
Its funny how often I see people fantasizing about xbox having games and how that would blow people minds and make people all salty.

Imagine if microsoft got game x, people would go crazy?!
Imagine if microsoft got game y, people would go crazy?!
Imagine if microsoft got game z, people would go crazy?!
Imagine.... just imagine....

When was the last time this kind of "prediction" came true? Did it ever happen before?

Last edited:

driqe

Its funny how often I see people fantasizing about xbox having games and how that would blow people minds and make people all salty.

Imagine if microsoft got game x, people would go crazy?!
Imagine if microsoft got game y, people would go crazy?!
Imagine if microsoft got game z, people would go crazy?!
Imagine.... just imagine....

When was the last time this kind of "prediction" came true? Did it ever happen before?
you thinking about it happening is making you salty lmao

Imagine if silent hill was being made by Tango :messenger_tears_of_joy:

killatopak

I only hope that they leave out the personal nightmare shit out of the wayside and focus more on the occult.

I’m tired of all the sequels focusing on this.

More focus on the alchemical part of psychology with just snippets of a personal nightmare like SH1 would make me so happy.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I'd be curious to see what Yoko Taro would do given a serious horror project to work on!

Editaur

Has there been full details about Bokeh Studios cause all the info I'm trying to find is a little vague.

Is Toyama's new team independent or a sub division of Japan Studio?

Still, Sony could of done a 1 or 2 game deal with them before departing. I guess we shall wait and see.

Caffeine

well looks like the rumors may hap been true.
Has there been full details about Bokeh Studios cause all the info I'm trying to find is a little vague.

Is Toyama's new team independent or a sub division of Japan Studio?

Still, Sony could of done a 1 or 2 game deal with them before departing. I guess we shall wait and see.
its an independent studio.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I'm actually shocked nobody has mentioned Remedy

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Proud Of You Yes GIF

With Mikami fully in charge, I can sleep soundly till launch.
Mikami ironically announced his retirement not long after the MS buyout of Bethesda 😂
But he did say he'll do one more game before he retires if he has full control 🤔
I doubt that would be a Remake or an established IP.
Probably something original.

Last edited:
Top Bottom