• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KONAMI PRE-E3 EXTRAVAGANZA 2011 (Pre-Recorded) | Konami Doesn't Get Why We Watch

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
badcrumble said:
These HD remakes are such an awesome idea and I hope they sell well enough to push Capcom and Squeenix to do the same thing. So fucking awesome.
Only if Capcom gives us Viewtiful Joe HD Collection.

NeoUltima

Well...I liked what they showed. NeverDead looks badass/cornyawesome but hopefully plays badass too. The Fox Engine looked gdlk as well. I was expecting some new Rising gameplay though :/. There really must be something going wrong with that game's development for them to not show anything.

Damn Konami trolled us all with recording. I guess its their way to get back at us for laughing at them last year.

Meh, I don't like having all these options. Transfarring, Sony Remasters, whatever other 3rd party shit, etc. Sony needs to crack down and not allow this type of stuff from 3rd parties so everything is on the same page.

I guess that's my main complaint with gaming this generation. Too much shit going on. I yearn for simpler times.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
If this is pre-recorded then it cannot be as cool as last year.

It will never be as cool. Ever.

Seda

I got a laugh out of this:

@Tak_Fujii
"Deep apology for you all who expected to be sucked, but I have been censored LMAO"

Varion

Seda said:

@Tak_Fujii
"Deep apology for you all who expected to be sucked, but I have been censored LMAO"
Aw, just came to post this.

'Conference' was an utter disaster, but Tak is still awesome.

Lijik

lockload said:
Having EXTRAVAGANZA in the title of this thread makes me cry
For real, I blame only myself.
Can a mod please replace it with something more sober?

Anyways, added summary to OP.

Pre

I'll definitely buy the HD Metal Gear collection. The video wasn't too bad, I'm just disappointed that it wasn't an actual press conference.

Uuh, I completely missed it, but maybe it was for the best. lol

Does anyone have the Neverdead trailer on Youtube? I looked on the last few pages and the OP, didn't see it. The game sounds awesome. Cheesy 90s vibe + Megadeth? C'mon.

leadbelly

Banned
lol

Wow! the Kojima part looked so awkward. I can't believe how boring and unrevealing it was. Kojima took up most of the conference and he used it to announce nothing particularly interesting.

jett

D-Member
leadbelly said:
lol

Wow! the Kojima part looked so awkward. I can't believe how boring and unrevealing it was. Kojima took up most of the conference and he used it to announce nothing particularly interesting.

30 minutes talking about PS2 ports. Just...wat.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Seda said:

@Tak_Fujii
That is awesome. Tweet more, Fujii-san!

This pre-recorded video needed more Tak Fujii and Naoki Maeda. They have heart and soul.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Varion said:
Aw, just came to post this.

'Conference' was an utter disaster, but Tak is still awesome.
He said he'll be revealing more at E3:

Tak_Fujii Tak Fujii 藤井隆之
But I will be in E3 for sure with my titles. Will be announcing all of them by the 1st day of E3!
Although they'll probably tackle him if he tries to get in front of a camera.

TwIsTeD

I wonder if MGS Rising development really is a big disappointment currently in the house of Konami...I know it might make an appearance next week but huge disappointment

Tak tweeted that all of his games "will be announced by the first day of E3," so I guess there are a few more things coming from the first-party press conferences.

legacyzero

Banned
This was a great presentation for me. LOVE all the HD classics announcements!

OFF TOPIC: Isn't Spike TV and Geoff Keighley doing an E3 Special? When is that?

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
jett said:
Mega64 was pretty funny tho.
Guess you and I have vastly different definitions of "funny".

At least Konami had the good sense to have this pre-recorded so I could fast forward through 95% of it.

jett said:
30 minutes talking about PS2 ports. Just...wat.
That's what got me.

There's this really unfunny bit with Kojima and Mark MacDonald, then it turns into a legitimately funny thing with Mega64 where they list a bunch of dream titles (MGS5! ZOE3! Snatcher 2! Boktai!)... and then it's "no way, it's MGS2, MGS3, and PW on PS3/360! And you can TRANSFAR your save file between it and your PSP/NGP! ZOE Collection too!" Then there's like 20 minutes for Kojima to communicate the idea of syncing two devices and files like it's a genius revolutionary idea. Then they talk about Rising concept art of tanks and a tech demo for a new engine for an unannounced game, 6 years into the generation.

I mean, those are nice announcements but...

The thread title nailed it. Oh well, Neverdead is looking more interesting, Silent Hill: Downpour looks sick and I'll probably end up buying both the ZOE and MGS HD collections. And MGS Snake Eater 3D, probably. Even though I own MGS 3, MGS 3 Subsistence, will buy the HD collection. What in the fuck is wrong with me?
I am a giant whore.

mj1108

badcrumble said:
These HD remakes are such an awesome idea and I hope they sell well enough to push Capcom and Squeenix to do the same thing. So fucking awesome.

Seems like an easy way to get everyone to buy the titles all over again.

One thing I don't think anyone mentioned was the lack of (as in none) Kinect titles compared to last E3.

Lijik

Pixe said:
Man. Looking at that lineup, if they just went live and showcased all of the games, theres no reason why this shouldn't have at least been enjoyable.

Why would you do that? said:
Uuh, I completely missed it, but maybe it was for the best. lol

Does anyone have the Neverdead trailer on Youtube? I looked on the last few pages and the OP, didn't see it. The game sounds awesome. Cheesy 90s vibe + Megadeth? C'mon.
Sorry, there was no thread that I could find while I was adding the summary.
Found the trailer and added it to the OP.
Honestly? Most interesting thing at the conference imo.

JesseZao

miksar said:
I just realized something. If MS/Sony/Nintendo invite Tak or Naoki on stage, they'll automatically win this E3.

Yeah hopefully they'll get exposure elsewhere, even if it's just demoing their game at their booth. Gamers want more.

Top Bottom