• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku looks into 11 long overdue and/or failed kickstarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubikant

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I misunderstood the question.

Once a project is funded you aren't entitled to a refund. However you aren't actually charged until the project is funded, so if you make a pledge and the project gets cancelled before its funding time period is up, you don't lose any money because you weren't actually charged anyway. Once you are charged though, you aren't getting your money back unless the project creator decides they want to refund you or is proven a fraud (rather than an honest, but failed, attempt) and the court requires them to.

beat

People are so often mentioning that it's easy to tell which projects are earnest and which are a scam, and while that's largely true, there are some projects in that list that looked "solid" as a KS pitch. Particularly Clang - even though it was a very early concept, the pitch was as professionally produced as can be and had several high-profile participants.
Dammit, I can't find proof now, but I'm pretty sure I was massively skeptical about Clang from the very start. The problem Stephenson identified -- that motion-controlled sword fighting did not feel great -- was real, but they never explained how they would deal with the key issue, which is that your motion-controlled sword would not have real collision when it hit a virtual object. They never even hinted that they understood that was the key problem! Given that, I always thought it was going to fail.

TeamGhobad

Banned
i funded satellite reign. and when the game was done i got the code but i didnt touch it for 6months and then the code stopped working. still haven't played it. point is by the time the game is done most people will no longer be interested in it.

Its dead af.
Even the title was used to troll backers 😂

My favorite to follow has been Unsung Story. It does actually seem like there will eventually be a game, but at least art wise it is nothing like Final Fantasy Tactics. Recently they spent a year developing a triangle grid and it turns out that it doesn't make for fun gameplay, so all levels are now being remade to fit a square grid. The most bizarre thing is that it was Matsuno himself who made them believe that the triangle grid was the right choice. It's real mess.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
If H-Hour ever gained notice on console I believe it would have filled that Socom void. It’s a forgone conclusion that studio wasn’t ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom