• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku rumor: First screengrab of Kotaku making a fool of themselves again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takao

Banned
Lame. Given the PlayStation Mobile SDK the person who made these fakes should've just shown them running Frontier on it via video.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I'm making my own blog and posting threads based on rumors I invent and post on that blog. I guarantee better accuracy than kotaku.

So, yeah, if you lot can't even tell what quality "PS2" assets are then why care so much?

We care because after seeing what Capcom did with Dragon's Dogma, it's clear that they can create a Monster Hunter game that looks halfway as decent as that for a handheld, be it Vita or 3DS. However, I find it insulting that they put out something like MH4 and expect everyone to get excited when it looks only marginally better from a PSP iteration. Why are people trying to defend this? I don't understand.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
We care because after seeing what Capcom did with Dragon's Dogma, it's clear that they can create a Monster Hunter game that looks halfway as decent as that for a handheld, be it Vita or 3DS. However, I find it insulting that they put out something like MH4 and expect everyone to get excited when it looks only marginally better from a PSP iteration. Why are people trying to defend this? I don't understand.
I merely pointed out you can't tell the difference because you thought these assets are vastly improved, when they really aren't (if anything some of them could even be from older games without even Tri's improvements, it's hard to even tell here). What you want besides that, I couldn't care less, the question was just meant to emphasize the fact you couldn't tell the difference, and I didn't actually defend anything so I have no idea what you're talking about there but hey, whatever works for you.

As for MonHun4, all that matters to me right now is if we'll get it here and how it'll play with the planned changes and how many new monsters, areas and gear there will be, and how the old monsters will behave with the new situations. I'm not gonna start crossing my fingers for us to get a Vita game or if we get a Vita game cross my fingers for us to get a PS3 game and if we get a PS3 game cross my fingers for us to get a PC game and if we get a PC game cross my fingers for us to get a PC game with much higher base requirements and no compromises for lower end systems and so on and so forth. That's basically a never ending crossing of fingers and complaining cycle outside some sort of system bias that makes its level "good enough" to stop the cycle. Not to mention it would then be done just as well for every single game, not just MonHun, as it's not the only game I like playing.

And if we get a Vita game, or PC game, or whatever, that's what I'll be focusing on for that. Localization, content, quality, etc.

Takao

Banned
Honestly, knowing Capcom if there ever is an MH for Vita (which at this point doesn't make any sense) it probably will just look like the 3DS game but with AA. They're notoriously cheap with this franchise despite it racking in massive dough.

Honestly, knowing Capcom if there ever is an MH for Vita (which at this point doesn't make any sense) it probably will just look like the 3DS game but with AA. They're notoriously cheap with this franchise despite it racking in massive dough.

It's some alternate reality type shit, and we're in the wrong one. :(

WTF? Really?

Looking at your avatar, Orta's design has to have been inspired by a young Natalie Portman.. can't unsee!

I finally remember, the armor in the pic is Ceanataur (gunner).
ceanataur-armor.jpg

With Rathian Bowgun:
Weapon290.png

I still don't recognize the background from any game. None of the MH games look that good. The model could've been just shooped from Frontier since both monsters are there.

demigod

Kotaku rumor again, hahaha. These guys post about stuff before fact checking. Any rumor that stems from them is pretty much bs or made up about having an anonymous insider(lol).

I wish people would stop posting about kotaku rumors.

There's a difference between being cheap and being sensible. I totally get why people would want to play an MH game that looks more like Dragon's Dogma than MH3/4, but based on MH's sales in Japan and the sales of MHTri and Dragon's Dogma in the West, there really isn't anything to back up the notion that higher production values would boost sales enough to justify the bigger budget that HD assets would require.

Kuren

Well, even if they're NOT supposed to be on the Vita, they look awfully good, and they have recognizable Monhun stuff in them.

In the last shot, you can clearly see the Rathalos great sword, and in two of the shots you can see Rathian behind a large dustcloud/shock wave, and her wing covers half the screen in one of them. You can tell it's her wing because of the circular designs on the wing. It looks like a shell, but it's not. You can also recognize some of the armor pieces in the last shot where it shows the hunters.

I wonder though, if this could be just a mod of another game. It's NOT Hunter Blade because that game doesn't even look as good as Frontier (which looks pretty bad cause it looks like 2ndG/Freedom Unite).

Or, like everybody's thinking, a really elaborate Photoshop. Which is really convincing.

Mondriaan

I still don't recognize the background from any game. None of the MH games look that good. The model could've been just shooped from Frontier since both monsters are there.
I think the models were extracted from the PSP games and dropped into a background from another game. Frontiers definitely doesn't have shadows that look that good.

They won't port 4, if Vita gets a MH it'll probably be Frontier.

I merely pointed out you can't tell the difference because you thought these assets are vastly improved, when they really aren't (if anything some of them could even be from older games without even Tri's improvements, it's hard to even tell here). What you want besides that, I couldn't care less, the question was just meant to emphasize the fact you couldn't tell the difference, and I didn't actually defend anything so I have no idea what you're talking about there but hey, whatever works for you.

Thank you for making assumptions. I never said that these assets were vastly improved or anything of the sort. All I said was that if the picture posted was anything to go by, a Monster Hunter made with HD assets would look awesome on anything let alone a Vita. Of course, you then saw what I said about MH4 as an attack on the 3DS and responded accordingly. I'd rather not go down that road with you since I can already see what stance you are taking from the get go champ.

Kurod

Banned
It looks too good to be a Monster Hunter game.

Ya hear that, Capcom? A Chinese knock-off is visually more appealing than your game. Get with the friggin times.

You're really trying to analyze such an obvious fake? No wonder capcom us keeps teasing "exciting news!" and the graphics never improve. They got you guys by the balls.

scy

Never has a thread title filled me with such a combination of excitement and crushing disappointment as this one has.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Those shoots are too good to be fake, as i said earlier imo this is a real monster hunter for hd consoles(and vita?) or next gen consoles or pc.

Astery

lol kotaku.
This is rumored to be Tencent's MH online in development after they drop the Monster Hunter Frontier deal with Capcom. Yes it's a Chinese rip off, and it's for PC, not for vita.

Someone got paid to write that article. A company gave money to the person who created this. A person typed out this article, and was given a monetary reward for his effort. A man sat at his computer, saw this image, created this article, and is to be given currency for this.

Let that sink in.
I wonder how much games journalists/enthusiast press type people get paid, on average.

Takao

Banned
lol kotaku.
This is rumored to be Tencent's MH online in development after they drop the Monster Hunter Frontier deal with Capcom. Yes it's a Chinese rip off, and it's for PC, not for vita.

Is this how this Tencent company usually works?

Etzer

lol kotaku.
Wait? Tencent as in the people who make the QQ messenger thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom