• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

AlexBasch

I'm going to sound really stupid with this, but I feel like I managed myself better playing solo in BF4 and 3 than this.

I mean, it's great for the "best friends with mics commando squads", but holy shit, I just can't seem to get better at this game, my kdr is in shambles and every match I join is just a landslide loss and I don't feel like I can improve since I get obliterated as soon I spawn.

It truly feels like this game is strictly "play with a full squad or gtfo" than before. :p

Donos

Really like that Swedish shotgun but damn son, going back to Model 10 A is always going back to slapping fools. These 23 service stars didn't come from alone. Still best handling of all the shotguns although they nerfed it like 3 times already.

Never ever going to use the M 10 Slug again. Getting these 50 unlock kills was a real pain.Good thing is that other people use the shitty guns too to unlock the rest.

Played that new devils hell operations with buddies yesterday and the last sector needs definitively horses for the attackers. That last sector is like omaha beach. Cover is not good, defenders sniping down from everywhere and the last cap (B) has almost no cover around the flag while their spawn is pretty close by. If attackers loose the round you only get 4 elite crates... wow. Doesn't has to be an Airship but maybe a stationary cannon or artillery or something like that.

Buddy said the first sector can already be a deathtrap as attacker but we easily rolled over it so no opinion on that.

Granted that is all only the impression from 1 round of operations on that map. Another round with another team can play out completely different but i had the feel that our team (40 ppl match) was rather competent.

I'm going to sound really stupid with this, but I feel like I managed myself better playing solo in BF4 and 3 than this.

I mean, it's great for the "best friends with mics commando squads", but holy shit, I just can't seem to get better at this game, my kdr is in shambles and every match I join is just a landslide loss and I don't feel like I can improve since I get obliterated as soon I spawn.

It truly feels like this game is strictly "play with a full squad or gtfo" than before. :p

I thought the same way when I started (some of my older posts in this thread will show that), but after pouring in close to 100 hours, it's really possible to succeed while playing solo (well, joining random squads) in this game. I really don't know what clicked, but somehow I just learned how to engage enemies better. Sorry, that didn't really provide any advice.

Redders

I thought the same way when I started (some of my older posts in this thread will show that), but after pouring in close to 100 hours, it's really possible to succeed while playing solo (well, joining random squads) in this game. I really don't know what clicked, but somehow I just learned how to engage enemies better. Sorry, that didn't really provide any advice.

For me it comes in waves, the other day I joined a squad in conquest and we stuck together for 5 games winning 4 of them. Everyone actually running around together capping/defending flags, reviving/resupplying was great, one of the guys actually messaged me after thanking me.

Then other days you can join multiple squads in match and over various games but it feels like your banging your head against a wall as people wont risk a death to attempt to help each other defend or cap flags.

About succeeding my win % is only 1% lower than when UKPS4Gaf was playing regularly in party of 8, so yeah can be done.

For me it comes in waves, the other day I joined a squad in conquest and we stuck together for 5 games winning 4 of them. Everyone actually running around together capping/defending flags, reviving/resupplying was great, one of the guys actually messaged me after thanking me.

Then other days you can join multiple squads in match and over various games but it feels like your banging your head against a wall as people wont risk a death to attempt to help each other defend or cap flags.

About succeeding my win % is only 1% lower than when UKPS4Gaf was playing regularly in party of 8, so yeah can be done.

I have the same experience as well. I don't use my mic so it's extra hard to communicate on console, but when you get the right squadmates, you can easily stomp. Sometimes you just get lucky when you're on the same wavelength with randos.

Orcus

Nice to see that they added some variants for the level 10 guns
I agree, but I'm also a little puzzled by their choices as well. The hellriegel specifically has the potential to be OP. I also don't understand why anyone would want a scope on the Martini Henry, even at the lowest 5x magnification setting.

I agree, but I'm also a little puzzled by their choices as well. The hellriegel specifically has the potential to be OP. I also don't understand why anyone would want a scope on the Martini Henry, even at the lowest 5x magnification setting.

The marksman scope would benefit the Martini more since it has a shorter sweet spot.

All the new weapon variants sound good besides the Selb 1906. It still doesn't fix the issue with the gun. It only has five rounds and it takes three to kill someone. There is no reason to use it over something like the RSC. Adding a scope to it doesn't help. You might as well just use the Selb 1916 Marksman.

VariantX

Luckily they have CTE to test this shit out before they make final decisions..... oh wait.....

Lol. Makes me wonder what is the point of CTE if you've already made up your mind about what ever mechanical changes you make beforehand. Not even CoD goes as far as giving you free ammo. You have to give up a perk slot or two and scavenge the play space for it.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Getting signed out of PSN every time I try to go online in Battlefield 1. Just started happening about 20 minutes ago. Played several full games before then. I've reset my system but it's still happening. Anyone else?

JBwB

Well this is really annoying... My game is crashing every 30 - 60 minutes now.
I think it's due to the latest Nvidia drivers as the crashing only occurred after I installed it. It's weird as I'm having no problems with any other game, only Battlefield 1.

I don't want to roll back the driver dammit. I need it for when I play Andromeda :(

Well this is really annoying... My game is crashing every 30 - 60 minutes now.
I think it's due to the latest Nvidia drivers as the crashing only occurred after I installed it. It's weird as I'm having no problems with any other game, only Battlefield 1.

I don't want to roll back the driver dammit. I need it for when I play Andromeda :(

Try a clean install of the drivers

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Just learned about the ammo 2.0 change plan. I give up. DICE clearly don't give a shit about strong class synergy, so I'm just going to continue enjoying the series for its current strengths until I get bored from its inevitable devolution into a banal, predictable mass.

Just learned about the ammo 2.0 change plan. I give up. DICE clearly don't give a shit about strong class synergy, so I'm just going to continue enjoying the series for its current strengths until I get bored from its inevitable devolution into a banal, predictable mass.
They should just release a port of Battlefield 1943.

The recent patches just kinda killed the only thing I liked about planes. And by that, I mean they fixed the bug where sometimes a plane would actually die.

Also, these new maps are pretty horrible. On a horse I can get from my spawn to the farthest base in about 10 seconds. Everything in between is a monster clusterfuck. And 2 of the new maps don't even have vehicles. I uh....

Deliberate effort to emulate the pacing of Call of Duty.

I use to really love the Battlefield series but lately I guess it's passed me by. I've no desire to play CoD.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I still love the series because regardless of homogenisation with genre status quo there's still prominent game systems and design scope other games aren't replicating. There are legitimate elements to "Battlefield" that would be hard to annex entirely without it literally becoming Military First Person Shooter No.20193. The sandbox nature is still there.

It's just a shame to see deterioration of certain qualities for seemingly no reason. I love that Reddit post that eloquently highlights the impossibility for DICE to have their cake and eat it in regards to accessible, egocentric play versus forced team play. Regression of the latter is inevitable as the series continually fixates on the former.

So been away from my PC for a few weeks and I today I turned it on. Anyway, there's a new patch downloading ( which I'm sure you all know about) that is 5.88GB. I need to see the patch notes, but any free maps for those with the standard edition?.

Arucardo

Decided top pop in here and praise the Gewehr M95 infantry, easily my favorite weapon in the game right now. All the practice with bolt actions in Red Orchestra 2 translated nicely to BF1, with BF1 being a little easier to hit your shots with. Also, range adjustment on the sights plays a much smaller part in BF1 than RO2, I pretty much always keep it at 75m and have no trouble hitting 200-300m shots.

On PC it's totally usable even on assaults and flag captures thanks to the iron sight. According to bf tracker I'm in the 0,9% of scout Score Per Minute thanks to it. Combine it with a pistol that has a fast firing rate and you'll be fine at all ranges. If I hit my first shot at an enemy at close range with the 95 I always switch to pistol to finish them off.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
but any free maps for those with the standard edition?.

hahaha-no.gif

spk

Is there a way to queue for Frontlines besides the browser? There's a suggestion on the main menu but it keeps putting me in 0 player operation servers..

and the browser only shows 3 full servers. everything else is 0 playersa

Is there a way to queue for Frontlines besides the browser? There's a suggestion on the main menu but it keeps putting me in 0 player operation servers..

and the browser only shows 3 full servers. everything else is 0 playersa

When you join a frontlines it puts you in a operation match? Uh that doesn't seem right. Perhaps its a bug?

So I only have 10 more levels for max rank. It's significantly easier that going from 91-100. In two matches I already cover over half of the required exp to hit 101. If I had kept playing and hit 100 before quad copter, I'd be there already.

I thought one of the new maps had some huge artillery gun that you could control and fire? Which map is that? I've been playing They Shall Not Pass Conquest exclusively since the new maps dropped and I haven't seen them once.

I thought one of the new maps had some huge artillery gun that you could control and fire? Which map is that? I've been playing They Shall Not Pass Conquest exclusively since the new maps dropped and I haven't seen them once.

It's on Verdun Heights. What mode are you playing? It doesn't appear in every mode.

Made it to 90, I guess the real grind starts now. Five days to get to 90 and probably another five day to get to 100. By the time I get to 100 the ranks will probably be at 130.

BXsJxA0.png

Made it to 90, I guess the real grind starts now. Five days to get to 90 and probably another five day to get to 100. By the time I get to 100 the ranks will probably be at 130.

BXsJxA0.png
"Probably another five days to get to 100." Oh sweet child, if only you knew the grind the lies ahead. You see the score you have now? You need roughly 10 million more to hit 100.

Top Bottom