• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Star Wars 1313 was a Boba Fett game

Star Wars had a lot of potential for some great games. It's a shame it's been mishandled so much.

And it looks like Disney is putting the final nail in the coffin.

Tom_Cody

It was ordered to be so by George Lucas himself.

There's more information about the game and its troubles prior to cancellation at the link: http://kotaku.com/before-it-was-cancelled-star-wars-1313-was-going-to-be-470003660

Here's some art from the title:

k-bigpicngqdv.png

originalz9rht.png
Awesome concept art but I have zero confidence that this would have actually resulted in a game I would have wanted to play.

As with The Force Unleashed, I imagine this would have been close to greatness but ultimately marginal.

Derrick01

Banned
You enjoy being a debbie downer, don't you?

Actually I thought I was giving some ground there considering how much time I spent yesterday bashing the mess that was called Lucasarts for most of the last decade and this game, which I never saw anything to it other than extremely fancy graphics.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Actually I thought I was giving some ground there considering how much time I spent yesterday bashing the mess that was called Lucasarts for most of the last decade and this game, which I never saw anything to it other than extremely fancy graphics.

Worst thing is, you're right. (Battlefront 2, never forget!)

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I figured as much. In the Star Wars's universe 1313 was Boba Fett's alias. They definitely didn't pick that number at random so it was only a matter of time before they revealed their hand.

I genuinely don't understand why everyone is pissed.

If this were shaping up to be a good Boba Fett game, that would be one thing, but by all accounts it was stuck in development hell, with no one actively working on it, and was so unfocused and muddled that development was rebooted several times.

Are people just dying for any game regardless of quality as long as it has a character they like?

Ridley327

I figured as much. In the Star Wars's universe 1313 was Boba Fett's alias. They definitely didn't pick that number at random so it was only a matter of time before they revealed their hand.

The original rumor before the game was officially unveiled was that it was an open world Coruscant game starring Boba Fett, too.

People's blind rage at Disney about this is some of the dumbest shit I've seen on the internet in years.

It's a Star Wars thread. Blind rage would fly at George Lucas if he brought Irvin Kershner back from the dead to direct episode VII, magically made Carrie Fisher younger and perkier, killed Jar-Jar on screen and apologized for everything everyone hated him for.

Forkball

Boba Fett kind of sucks though. He barely did anything in the original trilogy except get eaten. Don't throw the EU at me.

On one hand, part of the reason I was excited for 1313 was to follow some new characters. On the other, Boba Fett is one of my favorite SW characters. Either way, this sucks.

Dammit.

I don't know if a Boba Fett game specifically would have been any good, but just a bounty hunter open world sort of RPG would be awesome. Create your own bounty hunter and go around space taking on contracts and stuff? That would be swell.

bhlaab

I would have preferred just being a dude instead of yet another star wars game where you play as an action figure

And nothing of value was lost. I was way more interested in what was showed at E3. An original story with new characters set in the Star Wars universe. Featuring Fett would just be pandering. Guess it's a moot point now.

Momentary

Banned
I'd be more interested in them doing a game based on "The Star Wars." The story is finally being published by Dark Horse.

Barakov

Gold Member
That's a bit of a bummer.Then again, given how troubled it was it was probably for the best. Hopefully, Disney will bring it back and license it out someone who can make it a actual game.

DarkKyo

First announcing an episode VII, then closing LucasArts. Now this. Disney are butchering this franchise just like I thought they would.

They show zero respect for the franchise and its fans but plenty of respect for the money to be made. I didn't think they could possibly be worse than the previous owner of Star Wars...

Jay Sosa

Disney are butchering this franchise just like I thought they would.

Yup and it's not Lucas needed any help with that.

Game looked shitty* anyway, so I couldn't care less.

*not the graphics, but gameplay-wise

I just... Ya know, it's a small thing... I just need...

I want to Mario-jump Stormtroopers with my jetpack, is that so much to ask for? Now that will never happen and I am have trouble coping.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Don't be sad, this is merely karma for cancelling Battlefront 3 when it was 99% done.

Disney: Those fuckers at Lucasarts cancelled Battlefront 3?
SHUT_DOWN_EVERYTHING_by_BrunowskiSigs.jpg

Top Bottom