• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Tales of Xillia won't hit US shores until August 6th

Seik

Banned
As long as it's coming out one day or the other, consider me a happy panda, can't wait though.

And yeah, Graces F's combat system is cocaine. D:

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Not enough time between releases. If they planned on that they would have gotten Xillia out in the first half of the year.

This is assuming the next Tales is coming out this year, which I'm going to assume isn't the case.

The next major Tales title for Japan will be next year probably. That's why I'm saying it's going to most likely be simultaneous. If it was coming out this year and it was simultaneous, that'd be ludicrous. Two mothership titles in the same year. NB isn't that stupid.

Soriku

Simultaneous release is just a pipe dream lol. I'd love it but I wouldn't expect Namco to be that efficient. Jesus, Xillia came out September 2011 in Japan. 2011. And we're getting it August 2013. At best I'd expect a 5-6 month localization, and that's being super efficient. And they still have to get Xillia 2 out too, though Xillia 2 should get be able to get localized faster. I like the theory that they've pushed Xillia forward to minimize the time between it and Xillia 2 but I'm not sure if that's likely.

Flamfas

I'm not commenting on the likelihood of this, but they HAVE done a simultaneous localization before, so it is possible. True, it was for the 10 year anniversary in North America, but this year is the 15th!

The next major Tales title for Japan will be next year probably.

Very doubtful. They hardly ever pass up Sep-Dec without releasing a new Tales in Japan. Not since 2003, in fact.

2012: Xillia 2
2011: Xillia
2010: Graces f
2009: Vesperia PS3 and Graces Wii
2008: Hearts
2007: Innocence
2006: Destiny Remake
2005: Abyss
2004: Rebirth

The reason I MIGHT see Japan not getting another mothership this year is because there has been that merger/absorption of Tales Studio that might complicate things logistically. But I doubt that will change much.

Note that Hearts R and Innocence R were outsourced to 7th Chord. I fully believe Japan will have another Tales this year.

Soriku

With the exception of Xillia 2 (which borrowed assets from Xillia 1 and came very quickly as a result) every 'new' console Tales this gen (Vesperia 360, Graces Wii, Xillia 1) has taken like 9-12 months to release from its initial reveal, so a completely brand new Tales game for PS3 announced at the Tales Festival in June then releasing before the end of the year would be pretty fast and surprising. I could see a mainline portable game coming out this year though.

Flamfas

I wouldn't be surprised to see a console title this fall even if they haven't said anything about one yet. Perhaps they're trying to start a tradition of unveiling titles at Tales Festival?

That said, I do feel it might be time for a 3DS title. Surely Namco sees how well JRPGs are doing on the platform?

Edit: And while it may not be in their latest trend to reveal titles closer to launch, not only did it not always used to be that way, but they certainly had no problem promoting Xillia 2 in a shorter time frame. If they reveal a title at TalesFes (or earlier) this year, I doubt they'll have trouble hyping it up

Top Bottom