• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaro Uchikoshi (999, Virtue's Last Reward) says he's working on "You-Know-What"

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Amazing news. A conclusion to ZE3 is so good that I don't even care where it ends up. Even If it was an Ouya exclusive, I'd buy one.

Zareka

It's Zero Escape 3. It can't be anything else. It IS Zero Escape 3.

It could be an etch-a-sketch exclusive and I'd buy 30. IT IS ZERO ESCAPE 3.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
YAY IT'S HAPPENING!

Someone please bring out that "it's happening" fig and post it please

73V3N

Banned
Well, if they have any sense at all they'll release it ZE3 on steam, too. VNs have been doing pretty damn well on the service and it's arguably the best platform for VNs right now in the west other than the Vita, which has been dying a slow death for about a year now.

I wish ZE1 and 2 were on steam too, would probably buy them again.

idk how much those would cost to port, i'm probably asking for the impossible.

Porting the IOS version of 999 probably wouldn't be difficult. Same for the Vita version of VLR. It's just on the publisher to fund it.

xzeldax3

I'm so hyped for this. It is truly a strange situation when a visual novel type game is more popular in the west than in japan.

It removes puzzles and exploration of the environment. The majority of the puzzles were really well done and had a right balance of difficulty imo. Also during exploration there are alot dialouge that happens between characters that add some nice humor and personality to characters. No animated sprites either.

Also the game was made for the dual screen setup of the DS. Don't really want to go too into it but yeah, people that have played the game know what i'm talking about.

How did they end up doing
the Sudoku puzzle flip
on the iOS version?

That part blew my mind on the DS. It seems like that and the bottom being Akane's perspective would be cut out without the dual screen.

Grief.exe

Sounds good to me.

Well, if they have any sense at all they'll release it ZE3 on steam, too. VNs have been doing pretty damn well on the service and it's arguably the best platform for VNs right now in the west other than the Vita, which has been dying a slow death for about a year now.

Yep.

ohlawd

better be ZE3

this dude went soft on VLR cuz the pub thought that would lead to better sales

well since we know ZE3 is gonna bomb either way, go hard on this shit like 999 pls

D-Man

803YHcB.gif

ZERO ESCAPE 3 LET'S GO!!

ohlawd

Oh wow...no wonder there were less blood in VLR.

hell yeah man. real freaking unfortunate. I can't link since I can't copypaste but googling something like "difference in tone between 999 and VLR" and one of the results is an interview with Uchikoshi

Nyoro SF

A game in the style of Zero Escape which is far different than any other VN offering on Steam at the present would do amazingly well especially if presented properly.

But I won't discuss platforms when we don't even know if it's actually ZE3 yet. :p

So I guess you weren't ready? :p

I jumped the gun, took a hostage of my own heart and leapt through the door.... prematurely.

Hikami

Yes! It has to be Zero Escape 3.
I'll buy it on whatever system you release it on.

I think I finally understand how Half-Life fans feel.

Zero Escape 3: exclusively on the Ouya and TI-83 Calculator.

Would still buy

tokkun

Would be cool, but the hit rate of GAF threads on "unannounced game from Japanese developer" is lower than the odds of winning the powerball.

Top Bottom