• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KS8000 automatically changing to switch Hdmi port when switch is in rest mode

switch gives no fucks. i had it connected to the receiver. the shit would turn on my radio, which turned on my tv, the tv turned on the xbox and playstation. nothing quite like waking up at 3am to notifications and shit. fucking switch

laxu

To me it seems like a Switch issue because it happens only on that console and reportedly also occurs on some LG TVs. I have a PS3, PS4, PC and the Switch hooked up and zero issues with anything except the Switch.

Switch should have zero reason to wake anything up in sleep mode.

PS4 Pro blinking issue sounds like a faulty TV or shitty HDMI cables. I had tons of trouble with long HDMI cables on PC before I got a ridiculously expensive one.

webster1

Neo Member
I have this issue with my ks8000 too... Just unplugged the HDMI... But damn that Zelda in pseudo HDR makes me keep plugging​ it back in and forgetting afterwards... Guess I need to start shutting down the switch .

GRIMREEFZ

theres a long thread over on Samsung forums about this. pretty silly issue, but SUPER annoying. I have tried every solution that could be found and nothing helps. I hope either samung or Nintendo fixes with a patch.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
I have a Kinivio HDMI switchbox from my old tv, going to try plugging it into that and setting it to manual switching. I'll report back this weekend.

I have a Kinivio HDMI switchbox from my old tv, going to try plugging it into that and setting it to manual switching. I'll report back this weekend.
Looking forward to your news.

I have the issue this thread is about, but I don't have a Samsung TV. I've tried 2 different cheap HDMI switchers but both suffer when used with Switch.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Just got a Switch and oh man is this issue dumb! Had no idea the Switch was capable of possessing my TV. I'm dumbfounded that apparently the only way to not have this happen is by unplugging the Switch from the HDMI port each time I'm through with it. That's insanity, especially for something that has been out for nearly 2 months now.

Caramello

Same issue with the KS9000. It's completely random though, sometimes it happens four times in the one hour, sometimes it doesn't happen for days.

This is definitely a huge pain in the ass with my Samsung KS8000 acting as my monitor / TV. My current work around is removing the switch from the dock when I'm done, as I set it up within arms reach of my seating. I place it onto a nice stand I bought that is all purpose. I'm probably 70/30 handheld to TV at the moment.

I was looking at the dock, and was considering some possibilities. The system plugs into a male USB-C at the bottom of the dock after it rests in place. Would it be possible to simply plug a female to male USB-C cable into the dock, which will plug into the switch? Couldn't that just act as an extension cable for the dock? It would be fantastic if I could just undo that cable before doing something else on the TV with a quick tug, rather than attaching the joy-cons, pulling it out, and moving it to the stand. When I want to play on the TV, just plug the wire into the bottom of the Switch, and play as usual. The dock seems like just a piece of plastic with ports on it, I don't think it actually has any other functions.

_woLf

I talked to Nintendo about this and they said they're aware of it but have no idea what is causing it, and that they're investigating.

If you have any idea what's causing it, call Nintendo and tell them. Something I think may be causing it is friends logging on to their switches. Tried experimenting with that with some friends and it timed up right. :/

It sucks but I just keep the switch off the dock when I'm not using it on my tv.

Orayn

I got around it by connecting my Switch to my receiver instead of directly to the TV, but yeah this should really be patched.

I run all my gaming devices (including Switch and PS4 Pro) through my receiver and haven't had a single issue with switching inputs or black screens.

Good for you

I'm saying that so that anyone reading who has an HDMI receiver can plug the Switch in that way if they haven't already and are having this problem. You'd be surprised how many people with receivers plug their systems directly into the TV and then try to route the sound back using ARC or an optical cable. With the Switch it doesn't even matter if your Receiver supports 4K or HDR so it's not like you even need a recent one. Leave the PS4 Pro and X1s plugged into the TV and just move the Switch to the Receiver. It might solve this issue for you.

Is this a Switch issue or a TV issue?

Probably a combination of both. Switch shouldn't be sending a signal unless you turn it on and the TV shouldn't be switching inputs if you've turned HDMI-CEC (AnyNet+) off in it's menu.

KrawlMan

Just got a Switch and oh man is this issue dumb! Had no idea the Switch was capable of possessing my TV. I'm dumbfounded that apparently the only way to not have this happen is by unplugging the Switch from the HDMI port each time I'm through with it. That's insanity, especially for something that has been out for nearly 2 months now.

Is this a Switch issue or a TV issue? Seems most of this thread is complaining about the TV, whereas you're blaming the Switch. Genuinely not sure who is to blame on this.

My 40" Samsung 4K 2016 tv does this too. It will randomly switch inputs to my HDMI swtich right in the middle of what I was doing. I'm glad it isn't just me but sad there is no real solution.

The Dark One

Pokemaniac

Is this a Switch issue or a TV issue? Seems most of this thread is complaining about the TV, whereas you're blaming the Switch. Genuinely not sure who is to blame on this.

The Switch is doing something unusual by occasionally supplying power to HDMI while off, which may or may not be wrong (the HDMI spec isn't really public, so I don't know for sure if it's breaking any rules). The TVs are being "helpful" by reacting to that. Problem is the TV "feature" can't be disabled.

My best guess is it is a Switch issue, but I guess I'm not sure? I've had a Playstation Pro and other things hooked up to the HDMI ports for months now and never experienced anything like this. And checking around the internet it seems this is a known problem since basically launch of the Switch with no fix.

It's just so random, I went a few hours without it switching and in the last 15 minutes its probably auto-switched over 7-8 times. The Switch controller isn't even close to me.

Is a combination of Switch and other devices (I have it with a HDMI switcher box) but given that those other devices work just fine with everything else (PS4, Apple TV, Roku, Xbox One, etc) then it's down to Nintendo to patch Switch if possible.

There is another thread for this. It's a switch issue. It sucks. I keep hoping firmware will fix it.
Can you post a link?

Top Bottom