• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lagunitas selling its full operations to Heineken International

Kelsdesu

heineken-fuck-that-590bb9.jpg

Heineken owns my PBR and it still taste like swill to this very day.

I don't get it.

Do you guys think by them selling Lagunitas completely to Heineken that they will dilute the brand or phase it out? Context would be helpful as the article in the OP provided none.

I mean, will they not allow them to operate as they have? Meaning, they can no longer do what made them successful?

Besides any real or perceived harm to the community around the beer, the recipe can and does change as production moves to the larger scale operations of the larger brewers.

cirrhosis

Haven't had a Lagunitas since I heard this deal was going through last year. No big loss. There are plenty of other good breweries out there.

hermit7

They have some good limited releases but this makes me a bit sad.

I may still go for some of them but I will actively seek out their beers a bit less as a result.

I am trying to get into bourbon a bit more recently anyways, so drinking a bit less beer isn't the worst thing anyways.

shoelacer

Banned
Heineken is one of the worst beers on the planet. I wonder if Lagunitas is gonna start tasting bad to me just because of the association

louiedog

Wait, how do they pronounce it? It's not Ply-knee?

They say Ply-knee but it should be a short i. Every historian I've ever heard, including one of my professors who wrote several books about this stuff, has said it with a short i.

Thats alright Russian River just gets more of my buisness. Apparently there was a lot of pressure from local politicians in making the deal happen. My uncle once tried to help them out in the early 00s before leaving Anheuser busch corporate. Somehow I think that he saved them from going corporate then, sadly that didnt last too long.
That sucks, they are one of my favorite overall beer brands. I mean yeah, Russian River is probably better, but I have been a long time fan of Lagunitas.

Like seriously, even them moving to Chicago bummed the crap out of me.

Malvolio

As soon as I can't get Gnarly Wine for half of what I spend on pretty much every other barley wine I'll begin my mourning.

Top Bottom