• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lair New Screens

lair10nt2.jpg

lair01ef7.jpg

lair02ml8.jpg

lair-03.jpg

lair04nj0.jpg

lair05wp7.jp

lair06tn1.jpg

lair07yv3.jpg

lair08lw6.jpg

lair09uv7.jpg

Source: Gamefront.de

Wollan

I can't wait! I can't wait!

Edit: For some reason the images load slow here but instantaneously on Gamefront for me. Some of the pictures are from last year (pre-TGS even).

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I don't think they are new. I've seen at least one of them before.

While I really admire the sheer amount of...shit Factor 5 is doing on screen with this game, everything just looks pretty dirty and stuff.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Wow, that looks horrible. Did they grab these from a VHS rip or something? Jesus.

Bad shots made worse.

REV 09

does anyone else not think this game is shipping anytime soon? It's always looked really rough around the edges to me. I honestly can't see it releasing before late summer, early fall.

Wollan

RavenFox said:
Screenshots will never do this game justice.

So true. The animation on the dragon is so movie quality it's scary. How it curls it's toes when it walks. How the air tightens the wings when jumping of a surface. Most amazing looking game I've ever seen in real life.

When a demo with final code hits PSN this spring (most likely) it will open some eyes.

LJ11

REV 09 said:
does anyone else not think this game is shipping anytime soon? It's always looked really rough around the edges to me. I honestly can't see it releasing before late summer, early fall.

I agree. July at the earliest IMO.

Edit: Resized images look much better.

Forsete

Gold Member
Mojovonio said:
Honestly, is there only one level in this game?

Yes. Warhawk has four, but Factor 5 only managed one before the game got moved to PSN:

What do you think? These are probably old pics.. If not, F5 or SCEA are retarded for showing the same boring level.

Mojovonio

Banned
Forsete said:
Yes. Warhawk has four, but Factor 5 only managed one before the game got moved to PSN:

What do you think? These are probably old pics.. If not, F5 or SCEA are retarded for showing the same boring level.

"Lair New Screens"

I would assume they are new screens.

F5 is known to me for being great at constructing interesting environments, i want to see some forest levels, something with life, not just Castle in Canyon levels.

LJ11 said:
Epic did the same shit with Gears.

Good point.

sephiroth6 said:
They are shooting too high with this game and the rough edges and bad framerate show it all too well.
If they manage to get this running at a decent framerate, I´ll be damned!

That´s a lot of shit going on on some of those pics and the LOD looks bloody impressive. I doubt this look will end up in the final game.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
why do those dragons look like godzilla from the 1998 movie?

godzillamc2.jpg

g98tn9.jpg

is there something Im missing here?

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
I'm blunting all self-optimism for this game until I hear that the controls are working well.

There're some new pics in the latest Game Informer that show off some new huge dragons that dwarf the ones we've seen so far. Imagine the dragons we've seen are Wanderer and the newer dragons are the Colossi.

This is one of those games I need to play to appreciate. Right now it's unappealing.

I love the subject matter though so there still is hope. :)

Error2k4 said:
why do those dragons look like godzilla from the 1998 movie?

godzillamc2.jpg

is there something Im missing here?
Cause Godzilla looks awesome.

Anyway, I hope to be able to choose which dragon I want to use, or at least be able to modify some aspects of the dragon.

There're some new pics in the latest Game Informer that show off some new huge dragons that dwarf the ones we've seen so far. Imagine the dragons we've seen are Wanderer and the newer dragons are the Colossi.

:O

LJ11

I really hope the game turns out well, but I'm afraid it may be rushed out before the game is fleshed out.

Mojovonio

Banned
dynamitejim said:

that would be AWESOME.

Does anyone remember the last boss in Freespace? That huge like 5 mile long ship?

I would love to fight a huge dragon.

Forsete

Gold Member
Mojovonio said:
"Lair New Screens"

I would assume they are new screens.

Well they look to be taken from the demo shown at various gameshows. :/
The "knight" shot, if I'm not mistaken thats the pose the knight is in before the demo starts. I remember seeing that from one of the old IGN videos.

F5 is known to me for being great at constructing interesting environments, i want to see some forest levels, something with life, not just Castle in Canyon levels.

I actually thought the "tutorial" landscape was pretty great looking (reminded me of LOTRs Mordor, and in IGNs HD-videos the background almost looked like it was taken straight out of the LOTR CG, very nice graphics there).

Dante

dynamitejim said:

Alright, now you got my interest :)

GeoramA

dynamitejim said:
Now that's the stuff I want to hear.

Tanzen

The biggest problem of the game, at this stage of development, is the bad framerate.

Factor 5, give us a smooth framerate, and the game will be at least interesting! :)

Top Bottom