• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Large crater forms in Siberia

Status
Not open for further replies.
BNYPQyN.jpg
Omg, this is perfection.

Wouldn't there be a lot less of a mound around the edges of the hole if the earth had collapsed inwards (assuming it wasn't say the site a circular hill prior to collapse).

Does this mean rather than the ground falling inwards, something has emerged from under the earth?

Initial reports and images were suspected to be fakes, but the hole is a real phenomenon and it is believed to have been formed around two years ago.

Considering the geology of the area, most likely an underground gas explosion.

Wouldn't there be a lot less of a mound around the edges of the hole if the earth had collapsed inwards (assuming it wasn't say the site a circular hill prior to collapse).

Does this mean rather than the ground falling inwards, something has emerged from under the earth?

An ancient evil awakens.

joedan

I'm leaning towards fake. I don't see an explosion of implosion explain the mounds of soil around the crater.

You wish...

together with me. :(

Damn that would've been such an awesome movie.

No doubt!

At least I've got El Topo coming in the mail via Netflix. Though a drug addled psychologically twisted western can never equal a drug addled psychologically twisted space opera... *sigh

_woLf

The fact that there's a bunch of debris around the edges compared to other sinkholes which don't make me think it was an explosion of some kind.

joedan

Where I've seen holes like that with debris around the edges has been holes on the beach where crabs emerge, or holes where tarantulas and lizards and stuff crawl into. So it's a giant mole creature confirmed.

Tapiozona

Banned
Looks like something came out of the hole. Look at all the dirt and debris around the outside. Our maybe wastage it was, happened violently

zomaha

it looks too much like a sinkhole, i'd have to guess it was an explosion out of the ground (they do say it's a very gas-rich region)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom