• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Laserdisc: I've made a huge mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FUME5

Hey Noisepurge, thanks for the idea mate.
C4rGYiuUYAAhzPe.jpg

I did redrill and shift it slightly up and to the left to match the offset of the print after I took this photo.

Stencil

I worked at a record store in Minneapolis that was the only place in like the tri-state area that bought or sold LaserDiscs. Hated organizing them. I did buy a Japanese import LD of Eraserhead that is super dope looking but I do not understand why anyone would have them these days other than novelty.

I worked at a record store in Minneapolis that was the only place in like the tri-state area that bought or sold LaserDiscs. Hated organizing them. I did buy a Japanese import LD of Eraserhead that is super dope looking but I do not understand why anyone would have them these days other than novelty.

Because Laserdiscs are Analog, they actually upscale fairly nicely. That and the audio on them is completely uncompressed and sound better than DVD and are comparable to Blu ray if you like the warmth of analog sound compared to digital.

Foxix Von

You're sitting on cyberpunk gold Foxix.

Good framing isn't cheap though.

I'm still waiting to get my secondary room setup... life has been throwing me a lot of curve balls preventing me getting it setup properly... mostly some home theater expansion projects, stumbling across a new pet, and disowning what was once my family while the woman who birthed me spreads lies that I'm a raging alcoholic blending booze with various pharmaceuticals and antidepressants. Meanwhile my ex girlfriend is somehow misconstruing an apology I wrote as being both accusatory and suicidal remarks? It's a hell of a week.

Will hopefully post pictures of this damnable bastard in action and playing a movie if time permits sometime next week. Can't wait!

EDIT:

Plus this came in the mail and I'm stoked to watch the fuck out of this.
KgvYz0w.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom