• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last chance to get Forza Horizon for $5, price hike & delisting imminent

Justinh

Really annoyed that the rally DLC never went on sale. Or if it did, I completely missed it.

I think the season pass was half off just a couple weeks ago, if that makes you feel better... (edit: whelp nope it wasn't half off, it was 75 percent off mid-september)

It includes the rally expansion.

Also, downloading everything was a real tedious thing on Xbox One. I had to initiate the download in game, then it'd spit up a message, then it would show up in my ready to install list under manage game. At least I got them all there now, but damn. I think there was an equally "weird" process when I was downloading everything for the Gears of War 3 season pass (although, it was a lot less things I had to deal with there.)

Had the same problem when downloading the free (!) stuff. It said my credit card info cannot be found. I have never added my cc details to my xbl account and bought everything with points back then.

Anyway, try clicking purchase several times. For me the error occurred like 3 times and then it worked. Very weird.

Yeah, I get this error sometimes too. It seems to happen more often with free stuff for some reason. Usually I just have to retry a few times and it'll work.

Bedlam

Why does the MS store suck a bag of dicks? I've added my card details twice. Didn't work for whatever reason. I've now added $25 to my MS account. It still won't let me buy the fucking game. What the actual fuck.
Had the same problem when downloading the free (!) stuff. It said my credit card info cannot be found. I have never added my cc details to my xbl account and bought everything with points back then.

Anyway, try clicking purchase several times. For me the error occurred like 3 times and then it worked. Very weird.

Edit: upon reading again, might be a different problem.

SMD

Delisting isn't the same as removing access from the server, right? We'll still be able to download and access the game and DLC even after October 20th - because I haven't been able to download the Rally stuff at all since FH went BC.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Delisting isn't the same as removing access from the server, right? We'll still be able to download and access the game and DLC even after October 20th - because I haven't been able to download the Rally stuff at all since FH went BC.
Yes, this isn't getting the PT treatment.

renzolama

None of the season pass content is available to earn in-game without paid purchase, with the exception of a few free cars which functioned as a carrot to get people to download compatibility updates for the rest of the paid cars.

Darn, so even with the big 'sale' I'll have to spend close to a full game price to get all the content if I want it before it goes away forever? That's kind of a bummer

Edit: upon reading again, might be a different problem.
I'm on the EU/Swe Store. I think I have figured out the problem as I'm now suddenly able to purchase it for the fine price of 29.99. When I was trying before, the price was 7.49 and constantly asking me to choose a payment option whenever I tried purchasing it.

bender

What time is it?
I don't have gold but maybe I'll bite at $40 (base + season pass). I enjoyed FH3 which is the only one I've played.

Darn, so even with the big 'sale' I'll have to spend close to a full game price to get all the content if I want it before it goes away forever? That's kind of a bummer

The season pass isn't especially expensive normally. I want to say it's $20 USD? I would skip the VIP and preorder cars unless you're a super FH1 freak. So I guess a full budget game price, but it's not quite as bad as you're suggesting.

The season pass has gone on sale frequently too, I think I got it a year ago for $5. No idea whether MS will bother doing that again before they 'lose' it, but you might also be able to get it through third parties. (I see Dell is selling it right now, of all places.)

But honestly the default game is already enormous and filled with cars. If you skip the season pass while playing it you're never going to feel like something is missing. The Rally mode is the only substantial DLC, and that's completely separate from the main game experience.

Codes for the vanilla game are widely available on cdkeys.com and ebay, if people are having problems with this Microsoft sale.

BouncyFrag

startrek2-kirkglass2.jpg

bender

What time is it?
Whoa, what? Might be what others said about the price expiring. You see any other discounts?

Discounts are not eligible on trial Gold subs. I tried this past weekend with a 14-day trial and the price was $19.99.

Side note, took the plunge and bought the base game. Will probably pickup the season pass as well.

edit: Should read "are not: and not "are".

renzolama

So does this mean that I can buy the season pass code from Amazon three months from now and it will still work, I just can't buy it directly from microsoft any longer?

oneida

So does this mean that I can buy the season pass code from Amazon three months from now and it will still work, I just can't buy it directly from microsoft any longer?
My gut reaction is that you wouldn't be able to buy it from Amazon in three months, but I don't know too much about this approach.

renzolama

My gut reaction is that you wouldn't be able to buy it from Amazon in three months, but I don't know too much about this approach.

I guess it would depend on whether the vendor in question is selling digital codes directly from microsoft or codes that have already been purchased. More than anything I'm wondering whether the ability to use a valid pre-purchased season pass code will still work after the delisting.

oneida

I guess it would depend on whether the vendor in question is selling digital codes directly from microsoft or codes that have already been purchased. More than anything I'm wondering whether the ability to use a valid pre-purchased season pass code will still work after the delisting.
I think people were getting Scott Pilgrim that way for a while. Once the code is generated it should be OK.

W.S.

Since the Marketplace/Rivals mode isn't working (with no way to know if it'll ever be up in the future) there's no reason for anyone to spend money on the game's DLC unless already downloaded.

Would love to be able to 100% the game achievement wise but the whole thing is out of consumer's hands which is really shitty. Those who didn't get everything already myself included will have to "take dat L".

oneida

I will try accessing the marketplace from in-game tonight. Even if I cannot access it, I may end up purchasing the season pass Thursday morning, just in case it works down the line. It's a $20 gamble with something which is otherwise lost forever.

Chris1

I will try accessing the marketplace from in-game tonight. Even if I cannot access it, I may end up purchasing the season pass Thursday morning, just in case it works down the line. It's a $20 gamble with something which is otherwise lost forever.

You *should* be able to download it regardless through game management on XB1 rather than in game.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I got the game via Games with Gold, and I'd love to just pickup the Season Pass and complete it, but with the server situation I don't want to spend anything.

Doubt it would happen but it would be great if they just made it free on the last day.

No biggie if they don't, since the main content is supposed to be amazing as is, plus I got Forza Horizon 3 waiting on me to play as well.

deluxeg

Neo Member
You *should* be able to download it regardless through game management on XB1 rather than in game.

I have everything downloaded that appears in game management, however for the individual cars that are included in the season pass, they don't appear there and they don't appear in the Car Show in the game, so I assume you have to get them from the in-game marketplace which is currently inaccessible. The game also won't let me access any rally content as well.

deluxeg

Neo Member
They ended up fixing Rivals.

https://twitter.com/ForzaMotorsport/status/788903494736449536

Marketplace issues is still being looked at.

https://twitter.com/ForzaMotorsport/status/788903716707459073

Great to see a last-minute effort from the devs.

That seems to be good news, although still a little skeptical after how Microsoft handled the issues with Zune music pass on the original Zune (Was told a fix was incoming for months before they decided to just completely drop support)

Nope. Once you buy the season pass, you still have to access the in-game store to "purchase" the packs and the Rally expansion.

The only way to avoid this is to buy every pack separately on the XB marketplace, which would be a pretty huge waste of money.

SMD

The Horizon Rally expansion finally works! Downloaded it from manage game, once it's done and installed, restart Forza Horizon and it launches.

Ban Puncher

For people looking to nab this for cheap this late in the game, there is a person on eBay selling Forza Horizon download codes for $9.87 AUD (approx. $7.59 USD). Buy at your own risk though because the codes may not work when the game is delisted from Xbox Live (you can always get a refund for non working codes though).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141633429646

To download cars from the season pass:

1. Buy season pass and download.

2. Download all the free cars from Xbox.com (they don't all show up when just browsing the game - search specifically for the cars). Each monthly pack had one free car.

3. Download cars to console.

4. Play!

renzolama

So I caved and bought the season pass, but I see no way to download/activate the rally expansion? The rally expansion pack from the xbox store still shows as costing $19.99, and there's no in-game marketplace available currently? Do I have to play further in the game before I get access to the marketplace? I just want to make sure I can download everything as quickly as possible just in case the servers go bananas.

Edit: Well, I got to the marketplace stuff and it seems like the servers are just borked. Guess I'll keep trying.

thelastword

Banned
I missed out so many times on getting this game and the season pass cheaply. Somehow I believe this game is going to get a remaster, but I still bought the base game from another site, I don't think I will buy the season pass for $19.99 when I missed so many sales on it at this point. I think they should give the season pass for free if you have the base game. It's being dlisted for crying out loud, give the gamers a bone.

To download cars from the season pass:

1. Buy season pass and download.

2. Download all the free cars from Xbox.com (they don't all show up when just browsing the game - search specifically for the cars). Each monthly pack had one free car.

3. Download cars to console.

4. Play!

If the servers still aren't working in-game, DO NOT DO THIS.

People, please listen to me. If you purchase the season pass, the majority of its contents (Horizon Rally, the car packs, etc.) WILL NOT SHOW AS PURCHASED in the Xbox marketplace on your account You HAVE to download them from the in-game Forza store.

So, AGAIN, if the in-game marketplace isn't working, DO NOT BUY THE SEASON PASS!

Syriel

I missed out so many times on getting this game and the season pass cheaply. Somehow I believe this game is going to get a remaster, but I still bought the base game from another site, I don't think I will buy the season pass for $19.99 when I missed so many sales on it at this point. I think they should give the season pass for free if you have the base game. It's being dlisted for crying out loud, give the gamers a bone.

It was on sale for $5 a month ago.

If you weren't going to buy it then, why would they give it free now?

renzolama

I don't think remasters make much sense for incremental games that improve/iterate on the same formula with each release. If you remastered Horizon with the modern engine it would just be Horizon 3 with different environment geometry/textures and less QOL/refinement. I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

Regarding the season pass, I posted a similar complaint above (regarding price) and was told that it didn't add anything that would significantly impact enjoyment of the game, so I wouldn't worry about it if you don't want to spend the money. Personally I caved and dropped the $19.99 yesterday and now find myself in a situation where I doubt I'm going to see the benefits of the purchase. I'll be contacting MS for a refund tomorrow if I still can't access the season pass content in-game or download the rally expansion from the store directly.

Top Bottom